ADVERTISEMENT

Path to 5 in a row (Blue and White glasses version)

Lyco1990

Jan 14, 2014
Ok its Iowa's to lose no doubt, but hey I think they are up for the task. I' m, breaking down a senario where it is a tight race to 100.

My Method is kinda Different pairing wrestlers based on my projected results.
o
1. Our 149 vs Brands. we have a clear 0, Brands goes 3-2 loses blood round scores 2 points. 0-2

2 Howard vs Murin. Howard need to beat a couple of studs high 8th 4-3 scores 5
Murin seems to have a monkey on his back, I hae him 1-2 losing ot Lovett and Cobb 5-3

3. Berge vs. Young, This is interesting as the results can be reversed with a win in the quarters
as it is I have Young making Semis, Placing 4th and Berge running thru wrestlebacks for 7th 11.5-15.5

4. J. Lee vs. DeSanto, Lee is sloppy and dangerous and Desanto is hurt and dangerous. The
Desanto that wrestled Big 10s Desanto loses to Phillipi in semis then has Hayes no giveme
for a hand injury. If healthy may take 4th I think he loses in the bloodround as injuries suck.
J Lee who knows 0-2 or ? Joe loses 1st round and causes meyhem in wrestlebacks. Places 7th
thru a #3 seed pitt wrestler with a fall. 19.5-20.5

5. Beard vs Warner, Beard lost to #1 with a slip. He can beat anyone here. That said he loses in
second rd to Schultz then to Caffey. Warner loses to Ferrari and places 4th. This is another
be reversed if beards knee is 100% watch out 20.5-33.0

6. Kerk vs. Marinelli, Easy matchup as they both have equally tough draws. Loses to Steveson in
2nd round then reeks havoc in wrestlebacks. Wrestles back thru Shultz to meet Cass in consi finals 4th,
Bull has not looked at his peak and has a dangerous match in quarter vs Griffith who is wrestling well.
Have him taking 5th after losing in conis to O tool. 33.0-43.0

7. RBY vs Eireman, I have RBY as champ with some tech falls. and Eirman runnerup with a couple
of falls or lower with tough Wilson in semis. 55.0-64.0

8.Lee Vs. Cass Champ is Lees ceiling and third is Cass, That said Lee needs to win it Cass will
get bonus. 79.0-81.5

9.Carter vs Kemmerer. C* Need to pull upset 1&2 both with 2.5 bonus 101.5-100.0

10. Brooks V. Lee Brooks and Lee Champs with Six bonus each 127.5-126.0

One thing for sure, we will have an inkling of whether its possible by Thursday night.

Glasses off Desanto top 4 and Marinelli champ they win by 30

CPAs make the best projections. :(

If several Hawks under perform ( Young & Warner come to mind). I do not include Marinelli who in his two NCAA appearances many think he underperformed but both of those years he lost to the #2 and #3 wrestlers and then the #1 & #3 wrestlers so I don't expect him to do that this year. If our wrestlers over achieve (which I expect to happen) we can make the team race close, any maybe even win.

Reactions: therod and royboy
Iowa would need a meltdown of epic proportions. Their first 5 can easily generate enough points to win it (Spencer, Eierman, Kemerer, Bull, Cass) I have Cass ahead of ADS since he looks like a clear 3 and is a pinner (ADS also might be a bit banged up)

Then when their backhalf is ADS, Warner, Young, Murin, Brands. 3 of them are mid tier AAs at worst seemingly (ADS, Young, Warner) Murin and Brands have shots at the podium but Iowa can literally leave them at home and it wouldn't matter.

Just tip your hat this year. Enjoy the individual performances and be grateful Cael has us in a spot where bringing a team trophy home that's not 1st seems weird (and has some of our fan still believing as of right now) For the record, 2nd is not a lock and I've mentioned that. Quite a few teams have some guys that can make that interesting.

Next year, we work on closing the gap (because it's a damn wide one) with a regular season to get our guys up to speed.

I was playing around with the brackets and the good guys still can win if each of the following happen
Spencer Lee only pins one opponent
Robbie Howard wins at least 1 match

Desanto loses to Philippi
RBY takes 1st

Lee makes the finals ( I had him losing to eierman)

Murin loses to Lovett again and to Mitch Moore on the back end

Berge beats young in 2nd round, he then dellavecchia
Young loses to Justin Thomas in wrestlebacks

Marinelli loses to Shane Griffith ( I have him coming back to take 3rd)
Joe Lee beats Nicholson, sparks, and Bullard with some bonus

Cstar makes finals, losing to Kemdawg. Picks up bonus in 3 if the 4 matches along the way

Brooks wins, picks up bonus in 3 matches
Brands loses to Boleyn and wailer on back end

Warner loses to Ferrari then Noah Adam’s in wrestlebacks
Beard beats koser then brown in wrestlebacks, wins by bonus in both

Heavy
Cass loses to Schultz then to kerk in wrestlebacks.
Kerk goes on to take 4th

PSU wins 122 to 121.5. Will all of this happen? Most likely no, but at the same time, none of them are huge surprises.

CPAs make the best projections. :(

If several Hawks under perform ( Young & Warner come to mind). I do not include Marinelli who in his two NCAA appearances many think he underperformed but both of those years he lost to the #2 and #3 wrestlers and then the #1 & #3 wrestlers so I don't expect him to do that this year. If our wrestlers over achieve (which I expect to happen) we can make the team race close, any maybe even win.
I've lost track of the attendance policies for this one -- how many fans in the arena? or just family and staff?

Win, lose, or draw -- and believe me, I'd love to see Penn State win this thing -- I just want the Penn State wrestlers to leave it all on the mat. Effort and energy are key, then let the chips fall where they may. Uphill climb on paper this year folks, thank goodness the matches aren't wrestled on paper.

Is asking for supportive threads during the six sessions too much to expect o_O?

Ok its Iowa's to lose no doubt, but hey I think they are up for the task. I' m, breaking down a senario where it is a tight race to 100.

o
1. Our 149 vs Brands. we have a clear 0, Brands goes 3-2 loses blood round scores 2 points. 0-2

Murin seems to have a monkey on his back, I hae him 1-2 losing ot Lovett and Cobb 5-3

3. Berge vs. Young, This is interesting as the results can be reversed with a win in the quarters
as it is I have Young making Semis, Placing 4th and Berge running thru wrestlebacks for 7th 11.5-15.5

4. J. Lee vs. DeSanto, Lee is sloppy and dangerous and Desanto is hurt and dangerous. The
Desanto that wrestled Big 10s Desanto loses to Phillipi in semis then has Hayes no giveme
for a hand injury. If healthy may take 4th I think he loses in the bloodround as injuries suck.
J Lee who knows 0-2 or ? Joe loses 1st round and causes meyhem in wrestlebacks. Places 7th

5. Beard vs Warner, Beard lost to #1 with a slip. He can beat anyone here. That said he loses in
second rd to Schultz then to Caffey. Warner loses to Ferrari and places 4th. This is another

6. Kerk vs. Marinelli, Easy matchup as they both have equally tough draws. Loses to Steveson in
2nd round then reeks havoc in wrestlebacks. Wrestles back thru Shultz to meet Cass in consi finals 4th,
Bull has not looked at his peak and has a dangerous match in quarter vs Griffith who is wrestling well.

7. RBY vs Eireman, I have RBY as champ with some tech falls. and Eirman runnerup with a couple

8.Lee Vs. Cass Champ is Lees ceiling and third is Cass, That said Lee needs to win it Cass will
get bonus. 79.0-81.5

One thing for sure, we will have an inkling of whether its possible by Thursday night.

Only positive brain waves from me. To paraphrase Oddball "keep your negative brainwaves to yourself".
Fantastic line from a great movie!!!

The boys will be ready, Cael will see to that. Just need to be in control at all times and stay focused. It’s gonna be a great weekend!

Reactions: Fatmarc
I had to give a student a similar lecture today, after they claimed their partner could never toss to a hula hoop (yes, I realize the irony) that far... I told them that was no way to encourage their partner, and you can only do what you believe you are capable of.

Take the governors off. Give into fandom. WE ARE.

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
I had to give a student a similar lecture today, after they claimed their partner could never toss to a hula hoop (yes, I realize the irony) that far... I told them that was no way to encourage their partner, and you can only do what you believe you are capable of.

Take the governors off. Give into fandom. WE ARE.
Four time returning National Champions!

Reactions: CropDuster507

o

get bonus. 79.0-81.5

Howard, Berge injuries changed the outcome. Not bad for an Accountant though.

ADVERTISEMENT