ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

Perhaps an attorney could address this. @demlion? @fairgambit?
For free? :)
Just kidding, but I'm at a graduation party and my wife just asked "Are you on that Blue White site?"
"No honey, just checking the weather".;)
Gotta run.:)
One more thing. College graduation parties on hot summer days make for some very attractive scenery.;)

Last edited:
My face is red, sitting by the pool catching some sun. No smoke, though.

Why are you responding, haven't you "moved on" yet??
Sounds nice. I was just at the beach this week, so I'm more of a bronze right now.

I've moved on long ago, but haven't moved in from telling others to move one. Ya better just move on.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
The one sad point. The NCAA *DID* disparage the entire fanbase and alumni of Penn State. That went unchallenged. Collective guilt is a nonsensical idea. And its what I am most upset with our so-called "leadership" for. You can make mistakes--but you don't sell your entire alumni base down the river to avoid taking responsibility for those mistakes.

But it is a proven fact that Jerry is a serial pedophile. Get that through your thick skull.

That is your opinion. You are welcome to your own opinions, however you are not welcome to your own facts.

The fact is that Sandusky has an active PCRA petition that has survived for over 2 years that is considering whether or not he received a fair trial and is entitled to a new one. IMO, the way the PCRA petition plays out will go a long way to establishing whether or not Jerry is a serial pedophile. Professor Wes Oliver of Duquesne Law School has stated that Sandusky's PCRA petition is one of the strongest PCRA petition that he has ever seen.

Reactions: pnnnylion
That is your opinion. You are welcome to your own opinions, however you are not welcome to your own facts.

The fact is that Sandusky has an active PCRA petition that has survived for over 2 years that is considering whether or not he received a fair trial and is entitled to a new one. IMO, the way the PCRA petition plays out will go a long way to establishing whether or not Jerry is a serial pedophile. Professor Wes Oliver of Duquesne Law School has stated that Sandusky's PCRA petition is one of the strongest PCRA petition that he has ever seen.
No it is not my opinion, it is a proven fact beyond a reasonable doubt. Your doubt is FAR from reasonable.

No, Jerry is a pedophile is a fact. You are crazy is my opinion that is becoming a fact.

No it is not my opinion, it is a proven fact beyond a reasonable doubt. Your doubt is FAR from reasonable.
Court of law, yes. Currently.

But it was largely circumstantial evidence. I'm not sure there was any physical evidence and in some cases no physical victim was presented--at least that appeared in court. Mind you, I also am about 95% sure that Sandusky is what you say he is. That said, he did not get a fair trial. There was at least one incorrect ruling on constitutional issues alone ("hearsay"). Were I a citizen of PA, I'd be concerned about that. The ends do not justify the means.

I've moved on long ago, but haven't moved in from telling others to move one.

Well, that's just fvck'n stupid. So after years and thousands of posts, how many posters have you convinced to move on?? May want to try something different.

You amuse me getmyjive. Most people I converse with are smart and gainfully employed, so you are a refreshing change.

Court of law, yes. Currently.

But it was largely circumstantial evidence. I'm not sure there was any physical evidence and in some cases no physical victim was presented--at least that appeared in court. Mind you, I also am about 95% sure that Sandusky is what you say he is. That said, he did not get a fair trial. There was at least one incorrect ruling on constitutional issues alone ("hearsay"). Were I a citizen of PA, I'd be concerned about that. The ends do not justify the means.

You are correct. Like you, I'm reasonably certain that Sandusky is guilty and is a pedophile. But verdict is a jury's opinion and, in this case, there is no physical evidence to make it fact. And just because a jury acquitted OJ, that doesn't make it a fact that he did not kill Nicole and Ron.

Last edited:
I'm not calling PSU fans cult members. I'm calling Jobots like you cult members.
I'm very happy with the current state of PSU football as are all of my PSU friends.
I spent four years at PSU and never met Paterno nor did he have any influence on my
life. If you went to PSU I doubt you met Paterno except in passing. This obsession with him by
a vocal minority is something for which reason escapes me. Real PSU fans choose to live in the
present. You and your ilk revel in the past. Get a life.
Me and my ilk...that's funny. I'm hardly a JoeBot...I wanted him to retire in the early 2000's. But unlike you, I defend my school and whether you believe it or not, people associate Penn State with Joe Paterno. So if you want to defend PSU, you have to defend Joe Paterno...it's just the way it is. And I would never in a million years use the term cult to describe anything or anyone associated with Penn State because that's what Pitt assholes do, so by doing it you fall into the category of being a Pitt asshole. This is the only board I've been on where supposed fans trash their own school and their own fans. It's rather disturbing actually. So we either have a ton of trolls on here posing as PSU fans or we have some pretty sh!tty fans. And you fall into one of those categories, I guess only you know which one.

But it is a proven fact that Jerry is a serial pedophile. Get that through your thick skull.
Here we go again...it is not a proven fact. It was decided by a group of people who may or may not have been influenced by the media, their own personal feelings, their outrage because children were involved, etc. I'm not saying he wasn't guilty, I'm just saying that a jury decision does not prove fact.

Reactions: francofan
Here we go again...it is not a proven fact. It was decided by a group of people who may or may not have been influenced by the media, their own personal feelings, their outrage because children were involved, etc. I'm not saying he wasn't guilty, I'm just saying that a jury decision does not prove fact.

As demonstrated by jury verdicts that are subsequently overturned by different evidence.

I'm not calling PSU fans cult members. I'm calling Jobots like you cult members.
I'm very happy with the current state of PSU football as are all of my PSU friends.
I spent four years at PSU and never met Paterno nor did he have any influence on my
life. If you went to PSU I doubt you met Paterno except in passing. This obsession with him by
a vocal minority is something for which reason escapes me. Real PSU fans choose to live in the
present. You and your ilk revel in the past. Get a life.
So your moral compass is set to the north star of your satisfaction with the current state of PSU football, yet you have the audacity to call others "cult members?"

For free? :)
Just kidding, but I'm at a graduation party and my wife just asked "Are you on that Blue White site?"
"No honey, just checking the weather".;)
Gotta run.:)
One more thing. College graduation parties on hot summer days make for some very attractive scenery.;)
I've resorted to that "graceful exit strategy" myself. The "art" is suddenly sharing something informative about the weather to make it appear that you were actually surfing for weather information ..... like

"Did you know that it's not supposed to rain until Tuesday"? The "accuser" then ponders "maybe they were actually checking the weather?"

Last edited:
I've resorted to that "graceful exit strategy" myself. The "art" is suddenly sharing something informative about the weather to make it appear that you were actually surfing for weather information ..... like

"Did you know that it's not supposed to rain until Tuesday"? The "accuser" then ponders "maybe they were actually checking the weather"
Until they find out it's actually supposed to rain in an hour.:)

Maybe one of those men should have just reported the incident to the police?

Regardless, what's done is done. You bitching and moaning about this "injustice" to Paterno and CSS isn't helping anyone. All it does it make us look stupid.

It's over. Turn the page.

Yeah, they should have reported it.

Few are arguing that. Do you understand that?

What most are arguing is the "conspiracy of silence", and that EVERYONE knew exactly what Jerry was up to. The narrative is that EVERYONE knew that Jerry was sodomizing and fellating young boys and turned their backs to it.

It just couldn't be a mistake now could it?

Idiot.

Me and my ilk...that's funny. I'm hardly a JoeBot...I wanted him to retire in the early 2000's. But unlike you, I defend my school and whether you believe it or not, people associate Penn State with Joe Paterno. So if you want to defend PSU, you have to defend Joe Paterno...it's just the way it is. And I would never in a million years use the term cult to describe anything or anyone associated with Penn State because that's what Pitt assholes do, so by doing it you fall into the category of being a Pitt asshole. This is the only board I've been on where supposed fans trash their own school and their own fans. It's rather disturbing actually. So we either have a ton of trolls on here posing as PSU fans or we have some pretty sh!tty fans. And you fall into one of those categories, I guess only you know which one.

You are wrong as usual. Those that claimed "Joe is/was PSU football" are those that say
"people associate Penn State with Joe Paterno". No sane people from any university associate
their football coach or especially a long dead football coach with their university. Our rivals
enjoy linking the "Joe" cult with PSU and it's people like you that give them ammunition.

Reactions: jerseylion109
You are wrong as usual. Those that claimed "Joe is/was PSU football" are those that say
"people associate Penn State with Joe Paterno". No sane people from any university associate
their football coach or especially a long dead football coach with their university. Our rivals
enjoy linking the "Joe" cult with PSU and it's people like you that give them ammunition.
Thanks for putting "us" on the right path. By the way I don't give a shit what "our rivals" think.

You can't be serious. Any university that had a long standing football coach who was successful associate their school with that coach as do people from other schools. It takes time and another successful coach to change that...OSU and Woody Hayes, Bama and Bear Bryant, etc. it also happens in basketball, John Wooden and UCLA, Bob Knight and Indiana, Adolph Rupp and Kentucky. I live in Lexington and people around here associate U.K. with Calipari...I can promise you that. Even wiTh Saban's success, people still talk about Bear Bryant and how long has he been dead? I guess those hats that fans wear are what Saban secretly wears at home so that's why the fans wear them...can't have anything to do with Bryant...no sane fan would do that.

Knute Rockne has been dead for almost 90 years but they still venerate him at Notre Dame. Same thing at Alabama wrt Bear Bryant. It's not inconceivable that people do this at a great many of other places.

But, I agree that it's time to move on. Time heals all wounds.

Walter,

I'm curious as to what you did, while at PSU, on Saturday afternoons when PSU Football was "at home" and "on the road"?

This is such a foolish thread. People from all over have their point of view on this subject. Their minds are made up and aren't going to change no matter how much you would like them too. It's time to accept, not the narrative, but the reality that people have come to their own conclusions. The best we can do is make sure these mistakes never happen again.

Go back in your hole.

The Penn State today would not be what it is without Paterno. To think differently is pure delirium, but we've all come to expect that from you.

Do you agree that it is likely that any new and "positive" information found in discovery would have been covered publicly if the suit went forward?
You give the Paternos a few million and I am sure they would continue. Money is not endless man.

Exactly! For years I've been amazed at the lengths Penn State "fans" will go to denigrate either Penn State itself or other Penn State fans. I've never understood it and never will.

But don't waste your energy on Osprey. He's simply acting out of the guilt he feels for knowing about Sandusky in the early 2000s and saying nothing to no one and realizing how many kids suffered because of his silence. He truly is a pedophile enabler and that must just be eating him up inside so he acts out hoping his bravado will somehow erase the sins of his past. Poor sap.

Reactions: m.knox
Try telling that to tOSU, Bama, or ND fans. Among others. And their rivals.

Reactions: m.knox
Knute Rockne has been dead for almost 90 years but they still venerate him at Notre Dame. Same thing at Alabama wrt Bear Bryant. It's not inconceivable that people do this at a great many of other places.

But, I agree that it's time to move on. Time heals all wounds.
I just wish that time would wound all heels. There's a lot of them out there. Sadly. Some were the folks that were supposed to represent us.

40+ counts beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a fact, deal with it.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Yeah, they should have reported it.

Few are arguing that. Do you understand that?

What most are arguing is the "conspiracy of silence", and that EVERYONE knew exactly what Jerry was up to. The narrative is that EVERYONE knew that Jerry was sodomizing and fellating young boys and turned their backs to it.

It just couldn't be a mistake now could it?

Idiot.
I'm sorry, but many here are arguing that it shouldn't have been reported. Maybe you aren't but many are.

I just wish that time would wound all heels. There's a lot of them out there. Sadly. Some were the folks that were supposed to represent us.

I was chatting today with someone at our yard sale about Joe and the PSU situation. He felt, like a great many of us here, that JVP got a raw deal and too many others got away with their own failures.

But, we can't go back, right? I hate to resort to cliches, but, no one can turn the clock back and, while my feeling for PSU has been damaged, life goes on. This disaster will fade away in time, a long time to be sure, but it will.

Go back in your hole.

The Penn State today would not be what it is without Paterno. To think differently is pure delirium, but we've all come to expect that from you.

What crap. But that's for what salesmen are known. I guess all of the other major universities
wouldn't be what they are without one of their football coaches.

What crap. But that's for what salesmen are known. I guess all of the other major universities
wouldn't be what they are without one of their football coaches.

For someone who never met Paterno, you sure work hard in these threads to act like you know everything about him. I don't know if Penn State would look the same today had he never been there, but to dismiss out of hand the idea that he used the popularity of the football program to champion significant advancements to the University as a whole seems to fly in the face of some pretty obvious results. But hey, he's just a dead football coach that you never met and meant nothing to you and never really did much for Penn State, right?

For someone who never met Paterno, you sure work hard in these threads to act like you know everything about him. I don't know if Penn State would look the same today had he never been there, but to dismiss out of hand the idea that he used the popularity of the football program to champion significant advancements to the University as a whole seems to fly in the face of some pretty obvious results. But hey, he's just a dead football coach that you never met and meant nothing to you and never really did much for Penn State, right?

Why don't you name some of the significant advancements that wouldn't have taken place without him?

ADVERTISEMENT