ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

Actually, you wrote mythical "truth to come out"...had you written mythical "truth" to come out then maybe you can insult someone about punctuation.

What I wrote was grammatically correct in the context with which it was used. Not only did
it express my point but has since been proven by your reaction.

C/S/S lied about having knowledge of 98 in 2001.

MM did describe something more than "horseplay" to Curley and Schultz, per Schultz.

Joe was "Coach" in the 98 emails.

C/S/S invited their prosecution by lying. Were they the most deserving parties in this mess? Not even close, but they weren't completely innocent like they claimed.

You can't reason with cult members. When they say "the truth" they mean "their truth".

C/S/S lied about having knowledge of 98 in 2001.

MM did describe something more than "horseplay" to Curley and Schultz, per Schultz.

Joe was "Coach" in the 98 emails.

C/S/S invited their prosecution by lying. Were they the most deserving parties in this mess? Not even close, but they weren't completely innocent like they claimed.

You know what? If Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did actually decide to not report the '01 incident to DPW/CYS, they did the right thing.

They all knew at the time about the '98 "allegation" that was found to be completely unfounded, and they had been around Sandusky long enough (especially Paterno and Curley) to know that he was a father figure to the children he often had with him, not a predator. I'm sure they determined the "report" from McQueary to be nonsense from someone who was at best a simpleton (and more than likely under some sort of influence that night) who had no idea what he really saw.

You can tell from the email conversations that they were concerned about how it would look to report a second incident to DPW/CYS involving a man that they (correctly) knew to be harmless. Letting Raykovitz/TSM (who knew Sandusky's harmlessness just as well as they did, if not moreso) know about the '01 "incident" was a decent CYA move, but still above and beyond what they needed to do.

Reporting it to DPW/CYS would just bring undue suspicion to the University and, frankly, to Sandusky. Keeping it in-house was the completely correct decision made by those 4 men who had better information than anyone else to make it.

If it wasn't for Corbett's vendetta, McQueary's delusions/fabrications (take your pick), and Shubin et al.'s greed, Sandusky, Spanier, Schultz, and Curley would all be deservedly free men, and Coach Paterno would have received the honor and recognition after his passing that he richly deserved.

You know what? If Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did actually decide to not report the '01 incident to DPW/CYS, they did the right thing.

They all knew at the time about the '98 "allegation" that was found to be completely unfounded, and they had been around Sandusky long enough (especially Paterno and Curley) to know that he was a father figure to the children he often had with him, not a predator. I'm sure they determined the "report" from McQueary to be nonsense from someone who was at best a simpleton (and more than likely under some sort of influence that night) who had no idea what he really saw.

You can tell from the email conversations that they were concerned about how it would look to report a second incident to DPW/CYS involving a man that they (correctly) knew to be harmless. Letting Raykovitz/TSM (who knew Sandusky's harmlessness just as well as they did, if not moreso) know about the '01 "incident" was a decent CYA move, but still above and beyond what they needed to do.

Reporting it to DPW/CYS would just bring undue suspicion to the University and, frankly, to Sandusky. Keeping it in-house was the completely correct decision made by those 4 men who had better information than anyone else to make it.

If it wasn't for Corbett's vendetta, McQueary's delusions/fabrications (take your pick), and Shubin et al.'s greed, Sandusky, Spanier, Schultz, and Curley would all be deservedly free men, and Coach Paterno would have received the honor and recognition after his passing that he richly deserved.
:eek:

My point about discovery was merely that they likely didn't find anything. Why not see this through so that the things found during discovery would be exposed?
My point about discovery was merely that they likely didn't find anything. Why not see this through so that the things found during discovery would be exposed?
Likely? How would you know? You, nor anyone but the factors involved, have any knowledge. The NCAA has fought discovery since day one. That is public knowledge. Christ, they didn't even read the Freeh report before implementing sanctions. You have no idea, but we do know the judge did not allow public discovery. Your argument has zero credibility. Try dealing in real facts, not your personal speculation, because that's what it is.

You can't reason with cult members. When they say "the truth" they mean "their truth".
Much like when you say truth, you mean your truth. That's what happens when only part of what really happened is known. And if you're on a PSU board calling PSU fans cult members, it's pretty clear what team you're a fan of.

No one knows why they gave up, and Sue's statement doesn't really help. Why lawyers did not respond to the silly NCAA statement is just ridiculous and nonsensical point #563 in this whole thing.

Let me ask you something. Are you a Creationist? Because every single facet of every single point cannot be proven scientifically, you then say that is proof that God exists and controls everything? That is exactly the logic you are using.

You're not willing to consider the entire story and make a conclusion, you fixate on one thing to meet your agenda. You think everything Freeh wrote is not opinion at all and fact-based. Because you are a goddamn ****ing moron.

There are a lot of people that got away with some very bad things here. THe problem is, everyone has misidentified who those people are. And they are now going to get away with it completely.

So asshole, what do you say that TSM was never investigated? What do you say that no one has ever really even QUESTIONED why that never happened?

But yeah, *you* are the one being persecuted. You are such a joke and you're too stupid to see how obvious it is.

So based on your MO you will now retreat to a position of "No, I don't believe that and I never said it". **** you.
Do you just like making shit up for your own demented mind? I said multiple times that TSM and JR should have been thoroughly investigated. I never once said that *I* am the one being persecuted.

I'll ask this again, because not one of you loons addressed the real issue; if the goal was to expose the truth, why not move forward and let it all come out? Why end litigation now? Winning the case was not the goal, it was the truth, right? If it was a money issue, why didn't Scott take over the case so that he could ask the questions necessary to bring out the truth?

Reactions: PharmD Blue

There's no way you actually believe that.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
Zeno you do agree that by going to court all records would of been made available or made more available right?

No didn't imply a thing. I simply asked a question about going to court, hence more information is made available. Certainly no way nothing is learned.

Much like when you say truth, you mean your truth. That's what happens when only part of what really happened is known. And if you're on a PSU board calling PSU fans cult members, it's pretty clear what team you're a fan of.

I'm not calling PSU fans cult members. I'm calling Jobots like you cult members.
I'm very happy with the current state of PSU football as are all of my PSU friends.
I spent four years at PSU and never met Paterno nor did he have any influence on my
life. If you went to PSU I doubt you met Paterno except in passing. This obsession with him by
a vocal minority is something for which reason escapes me. Real PSU fans choose to live in the
present. You and your ilk revel in the past. Get a life.

Likely? How would you know? You, nor anyone but the factors involved, have any knowledge. The NCAA has fought discovery since day one. That is public knowledge. Christ, they didn't even read the Freeh report before implementing sanctions. You have no idea, but we do know the judge did not allow public discovery. Your argument has zero credibility. Try dealing in real facts, not your personal speculation, because that's what it is.
Why drop the case if you want the truth to come out?

That's not necessarily true. And what are you implying with this question...that the Paternos are afraid?
Do you agree that it is likely that any new and "positive" information found in discovery would have been covered publicly if the suit went forward?

I'm not calling PSU fans cult members. I'm calling Jobots like you cult members.
I'm very happy with the current state of PSU football as are all of my PSU friends.
I spent four years at PSU and never met Paterno nor did he have any influence on my
life. If you went to PSU I doubt you met Paterno except in passing. This obsession with him by
a vocal minority is something for which reason escapes me. Real PSU fans choose to live in the
All my PSU friends....bullshit, they could all fit in a phone both with room to spare. Much like your birthday parties.

You spent 4 years at PSU and this is the result. Well, that is unfortunate to say the least.

Reactions: step.eng69
Your face must be red. Let me know when the smoke starts coming out of your ears.

As I said, many of my posts are responding to nonsense like this.

My face is red, sitting by the pool catching some sun. No smoke, though.

Why are you responding, haven't you "moved on" yet??

Reactions: Skellarman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT