ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

Scott's "point" is stupid. You move forward with the lawsuit and expose everything in court.

Why should he and his family continue to burn estate money? It was a never-ending sinkhole and the NCAA's pockets are very deep. They are the US version of the FIFA cartel. A joke that they bury discoverables, jam up the process towards the truth with infinite legal wrangling, and then claim victory. Everyone knows that organization is totally corrupt

Don't worry fellas, jay's got this. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, can you all just move on now and stop punishing the current and future students for stuff they had nothing to do with? If you feel that PSU is no longer important to you, then just move on and let the University grow without you. Banging on this drum any longer accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Most of the people who have been waiting six years for some mythical "truth to come out"
are not going to move on. Their obsession runs too deep and they will continue to grasp at
straws to "change the narrative". If they had any common sense, they would have realized they
were on a fools errand long ago.

One thing is certain. The BOT failed miserably in their duty to protect the financial interest and reputation of Penn State.

We can debate the reason...
  • Incompetence
  • Covering their own real ends
  • Personal vendettas
Regardless of the reason, the BOT failed miserably. There's no excuse that even a single one of them remains on the board.
It was NOT incompetence, trust me!

Most of the people who have been waiting six years for some mythical "truth to come out"
are not going to move on. Their obsession runs too deep and they will continue to grasp at
straws to "change the narrative". If they had any common sense, they would have realized they
were on a fools errand long ago.
"Mythical truth"? Really? Did you not feel dumb just typing that? Is that like opinionated facts? Or tall midgets?

Why should he and his family continue to burn estate money? It was a never-ending sinkhole and the NCAA's pockets are very deep. They are the US version of the FIFA cartel. A joke that they bury discoverables, jam up the process towards the truth with infinite legal wrangling, and then claim victory. Everyone knows that organization is totally corrupt
Then why did they spend 4 years doing it?

And why spend a hell of a lot of money - - - probably at least 95 cents on the dollar of whatever it would have cost to take it to completion?

You piss away $.95, then say "nope, not gonna spend another nickel"?

The rationalizations being thrown around make the CSS alibis look like Gospel.

Anyway - this suit never mattered.

It was the CSS boondoggle, and the betrayal after betrayal after betrayal of the A9 that have done the damage.

Not solely, anyway :)

The decision to release the Freeh Report publicly without even reading it, much less reviewing and coming up with a plan to deal with the findings as the whole board, was totally incompetence on the BOT's part.

Of course, key members of the BOT were likely kept well-apprised of the report's findings as it was being written, so maybe those members had ulterior motives for releasing it right away...

It is tough to determine incompetence or malfeasance in some of these people. I'm sure most of them have both in spades.

Reactions: francofan
"Mythical truth"? Really? Did you not feel dumb just typing that? Is that like opinionated facts? Or tall midgets?
Reading comprehension isn't your forte.

Try again and this time note which words are in quotes.

Reading comprehension isn't your forte.

Try again and this time note which words are in quotes.
Doesn't matter...how can truth be mythical? The posters on here from the very beginning have wanted the truth to come out....not a mythical truth, but the actual truth. I've seen numerous posts stating they didn't care what that truth ended up being, but they wanted the truth. That means it's not mythical (whatever the hell that means). Is it mythical because it doesn't coincide with what you or the poster I responded to thinks? Does that make it mythical? So the truth is what you believe and everything else is mythical....got it.

Is your reading comprehension good enough to follow that? Or do you want me to explain it to you in second grade terms? Maybe if I type it in large, colored font like a certain poster on another board it will make it easier for you to understand.

Do they want the truth or not? How expensive would it be for Scott to handle this by himself if the goal wasn't to win/settle but rather to expose the truth?

You're a broken record and have been for years. Discovery is sealed by the judge. What part of that don't you get? If you think the BOT and the NCAA are on the up and up, then you're more delusional than I thought.
My point about discovery was merely that they likely didn't find anything. Why not see this through so that the things found during discovery would be exposed?

Reactions: WHCANole
Actually I wrote mythical "truth" so your inability to understand punctuation made
it appear dumb to you.
Actually, you wrote mythical "truth to come out"...had you written mythical "truth" to come out then maybe you can insult someone about punctuation.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
The decision to release the Freeh Report publicly without even reading it, much less reviewing and coming up with a plan to deal with the findings as the whole board, was totally incompetence on the BOT's part.

Of course, key members of the BOT were likely kept well-apprised of the report's findings as it was being written, so maybe those members had ulterior motives for releasing it right away...

It is tough to determine incompetence or malfeasance in some of these people. I'm sure most of them have both in spades.
My guess is the BOT executive committee wrote the summary and he looked fort supporting evidence...

Reactions: gohigh79
My point about discovery was merely that they likely didn't find anything. Why not see this through so that the things found during discovery would be exposed?
No one knows why they gave up, and Sue's statement doesn't really help. Why lawyers did not respond to the silly NCAA statement is just ridiculous and nonsensical point #563 in this whole thing.

Let me ask you something. Are you a Creationist? Because every single facet of every single point cannot be proven scientifically, you then say that is proof that God exists and controls everything? That is exactly the logic you are using.

You're not willing to consider the entire story and make a conclusion, you fixate on one thing to meet your agenda. You think everything Freeh wrote is not opinion at all and fact-based. Because you are a goddamn ****ing moron.

There are a lot of people that got away with some very bad things here. THe problem is, everyone has misidentified who those people are. And they are now going to get away with it completely.

So asshole, what do you say that TSM was never investigated? What do you say that no one has ever really even QUESTIONED why that never happened?

But yeah, *you* are the one being persecuted. You are such a joke and you're too stupid to see how obvious it is.

So based on your MO you will now retreat to a position of "No, I don't believe that and I never said it". **** you.

Doesn't matter...how can truth be mythical? The posters on here from the very beginning have wanted the truth to come out....not a mythical truth, but the actual truth. I've seen numerous posts stating they didn't care what that truth ended up being, but they wanted the truth. That means it's not mythical (whatever the hell that means). Is it mythical because it doesn't coincide with what you or the poster I responded to thinks? Does that make it mythical? So the truth is what you believe and everything else is mythical....got it.

Is your reading comprehension good enough to follow that? Or do you want me to explain it to you in second grade terms? Maybe if I type it in large, colored font like a certain poster on another board it will make it easier for you to understand.

The phrase "truth to come out" has achieved mythical status on the board. Everybody talks about it, claims to want only that, but they never accept any truth when it does come out.

No matter what happens they will still be waiting for the "truth to come out" because it has nothing to do with the actual truth.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
The phrase "truth to come out" has achieved mythical status on the board. Everybody talks about it, claims to want only that, but they never accept any truth when it does come out.

No matter what happens they will still be waiting for the "truth to come out" because it has nothing to do with the actual truth.
Ok, so you know the truth huh? Care to let us all know?

The truth sure doesn't include any of your PL bullshit.

That's a given.

flyingmonkey.jpg

You're still a broken record. Telling everyone else to "move on" while you make more of the same, painfully repetitive posts on the subject than anyone else on this board.

Idiot

Let us know when some truth actually comes out. We'd love to hear it.

Reactions: jomouli23
Ok, so you know the truth huh? Care to let us all know?
C/S/S lied about having knowledge of 98 in 2001.

MM did describe something more than "horseplay" to Curley and Schultz, per Schultz.

Joe was "Coach" in the 98 emails.

C/S/S invited their prosecution by lying. Were they the most deserving parties in this mess? Not even close, but they weren't completely innocent like they claimed.

Reactions: PharmD Blue

MM did describe something more than "horseplay" to Curley and Schultz, per Schultz.

C/S/S invited their prosecution by lying. Were they the most deserving parties in this mess? Not even close, but they weren't completely innocent like they claimed.
Bullshit.

tenor.gif

Reactions: pnnnylion

So knowing JS was cleared in 98 by the proper agencies that are experts in child care.....should have clued them in that he was a ped?
What did MM describe? Dr.D said he heard nothing that would have motivated him to call authorities.
We know that Towny would have called police if he had heard anything approaching child abuse from Mike......otherwise how could he criticize Tim?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT