ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

You tell me?
Give me some names if you want. My answer for all of them will be "no",but I'm sure you won't believe it. I could tell you that I only have met one of the BOT and disagreed with him on what we discussed but I'm sure you wouldn't believe that either.

Give me some names if you want. My answer for all of them will be "no",but I'm sure you won't believe it. I could tell you that I only have met one of the BOT and disagreed with him on what we discussed but I'm sure you wouldn't believe that either.
You say tomato, I say tomAto.

Sorry the world has collapsed around you. Facts aren't your friend.
I'm a realist. We have no clue on who knew what because everyone clammed up.

The only facts that are certain are those presented by our Auditor General, and it seems you can't handle the truth.

Reactions: WeR0206
Pnny. Nice company you keep.:);)

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

:)

Here's what we know with high certainty:
  • MM saw something troubling
  • He reported it to his dad, Dranov, Joe, Curley, & Shultz
  • None of those people suggested that MM's report was of serious sexual abuse
  • Joe reported to C/S the next day
  • The administration decided to confront JS and tell TSM rather than report to police or DPW
Here's what we don't know:
  • Exactly what happened when TC confronted JS?
  • What made TC decide not to report t agencies?
  • Did Joe influence TC's decision?
More things we know with a high degree of certainty:
  • The Media went after Joe and PSU administrators rather than the agencies, TSM, etc. because that made for a much bigger story.
  • PSU's BOT fueled the media shitstorm by firing Joe without the benefit of an investigation and without allowing him to speak.
  • Either the prosecutor lied in the Grand Jury Presentment that MM saw rape, or MM was pressured into telling them something he didn't tell others.
  • It's almost impossible for the Paterno family to prove that Joe didn't know something and public opinion is permanently set.

Last edited:
Here is all the truth you need to know: Mike McQueary saw Sandusky and a kid naked in a shower and didn't do a goddamned thing.
Not quite. He probably either crapped himself or got aroused by it and soiled his pants, so was too embarrassed to call police and wait for them to show up.

As for the dimwit trio - just a fail, the degree of which will be debated for a long time.

Reactions: jomouli23
  • The administration decided to confront JS and tell TSM rather than report to police or DPW
One more things we know with a high degree of certainty:
  • The Media went after Joe and PSU administrators rather than the agencies, TSM, etc. because that made for a much bigger story.
  • PSU's BOT fueled the media shitstorm by firing Joe without the benefit of an investigation and without allowing him to speak.
  • It's almost impossible for the Paterno family to prove that Joe didn't know something and public opinion is permanently set.

Only the public opinion of assholes, haters and idiots. We all know who that includes without naming the dump.

Reactions: pnnnylion
What we also know: TSM was told about it, didn't think it was a big deal, and just told Jerry to wear swim trunks next time.

People who didn't think it was a big deal:

-Mike McQueary (he called his daddy)
-John McQueary ("someone would have to be screaming or in pain for me to suggest calling 911")
-John Dranov
-Jack Raykovitz

One more things we know with a high degree of certainty:
We do know the answer to this question ...Did Joe influence TC's decision? TC testified that it was his decision alone. He said this on the witness stand knowing full well that this statement could make his outcome worse.

A few thoughts on some of this

• The administration decided to confront JS and tell TSM rather than report to police or DPW (should be noted here by telling TSM they were not preventing a mandatory reporter from calling DPW, but overriding logic here appears obvious still that they didn't call DPW themselves because everyone MM told concluded that what was relayed to them did not rise to the level of need to do so.)
  • What made TC decide not to report t agencies? (more appropriate question here was, did TC do due diligence to understand what happened? He spoke with MM, Schultz, Courtney and Sandusky......relayed what happened to TSM whom he knew to be a mandatory reporter. If this was not understood to be a crime by all involved at the time, this was quite sufficient way of handling the incident.
  • Did Joe influence TC's decision? (this is meaningless point if everyone involved did not conclude a crime was committed).

Maybe one of those men should have just reported the incident to the police?

Regardless, what's done is done. You bitching and moaning about this "injustice" to Paterno and CSS isn't helping anyone. All it does it make us look stupid.

It's over. Turn the page.

HAAA!!!!! My hero and memory of my time at Penn State will always be of a man who believed in the ideal of the true student athlete. And put his money where his mouth was wrt the library, faith based center, endowments, etc. He kept Penn State the pillar of higher education until he became too sick to defend it against el-creepos like your buddies CorButt and Surma.

Your hero will always be a guy that believed in the ideal of his overused dong. And was brain dead stupid enough to advertise it to the Universe while he was still married with a couple of kids. And then was even stupider by advertising it again into cyberspace when he realized that no woman on the face of the Planet would ever in a trillion years find the rest of his body, and especially his dim witted mind, attractive.

Your legacy at Penn State will always be a combination of McQueary's well published male member, and Sandusky's trumped up, manufactured pedophilia.

While I am happily retired, living most of my employed life basking in the ideal of Joe Paterno and everything he stood for, your job application will for eternity be placed at the bottom of the pile. I guess now I can see why you and your lot are so envious of us old guys. Enjoy your life of Joe envy.

HAAA!!!!! My hero and memory of my time at Penn State will always be of a man who believed in the ideal of the true student athlete. And put his money where his mouth was wrt the library, faith based center, endowments, etc. He kept Penn State the pillar of higher education until he became too sick to defend it against el-creepos like your buddies CorButt and Surma.

Your hero will always be a guy that believed in the ideal of his overused dong. And was brain dead stupid enough to advertise it to the Universe while he was still married with a couple of kids. And then was even stupider by advertising it again into cyberspace when he realized that no woman on the face of the Planet would ever in a trillion years find the rest of his body, and especially his dim witted mind, attractive.

Your legacy at Penn State will always be a combination of McQueary's well published male member, and Sandusky's trumped up, manufactured pedophilia.

While I am happily retired, living most of my employed life basking in the ideal of Joe Paterno and everything he stood for, your job application will for eternity be placed at the bottom of the pile. I guess now I can see why you and your lot are so envious of us old guys. Enjoy your life of Joe envy.
Wow, that is quite a post. Amazing that my heros are a guy who I voted out of office (Corbett), a guy I have called and will continue to call a coward and a failure (MM) and a guy I never met and know very little about (Surma).

Stop being a child about this.

Don't worry fellas, jay's got this. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, can you all just move on now and stop punishing the current and future students for stuff they had nothing to do with? If you feel that PSU is no longer important to you, then just move on and let the University grow without you. Banging on this drum any longer accomplishes absolutely nothing.
If you want to move on, why don't you do just that and move on instead of posting on here about it and telling others what they should do? Seriously, why do you always feel the need to push your opinion? Every time there's a thread about this I know at some point you will show up with your anti-Joe, move on spin. The best way you can move on is to stop reading these threads altogether.

Always worth remembering that Joe was not a Sandusky fan, so any suggestion that Joe would have told Curley to do something that would benefit Sandusky personally is ridiculous.
Serious question. Does anyone know why Joe wasn't a Sandusky fan or when their relationship went South? Did he dislike him from day 1?

I don't know if it's true or not, but it was said here that Joe often spoke at TSM fundraisers. Did he do this in spite of his loathing of JS?

• Either the prosecutor lied in the Grand Jury Presentment that MM saw rape, or MM was pressured into telling them something he didn't tell others.
Joe could have spoken at any time. He chose to speak to Sally Jenkins. We know how that went. Unfortunately, Joe's physical and mental health impacted his ability to speak on these issues.

Reactions: jerseylion109
What we also know: TSM was told about it, didn't think it was a big deal, and just told Jerry to wear swim trunks next time.

People who didn't think it was a big deal:

-Mike McQueary (he called his daddy)
-John McQueary ("someone would have to be screaming or in pain for me to suggest calling 911")
-John Dranov
-Jack Raykovitz

I disagree. MM thought it was a big deal or else he wouldn't have called dad and report to Joe & C/S.

But he certainly must have been uncertain of the actual severity because he never told anybody about something that warranted calling police (Dranov testimony).

Reactions: DandyDonII
A few thoughts on some of this

• The administration decided to confront JS and tell TSM rather than report to police or DPW (should be noted here by telling TSM they were not preventing a mandatory reporter from calling DPW, but overriding logic here appears obvious still that they didn't call DPW themselves because everyone MM told concluded that what was relayed to them did not rise to the level of need to do so.)
  • What made TC decide not to report t agencies? (more appropriate question here was, did TC do due diligence to understand what happened? He spoke with MM, Schultz, Courtney and Sandusky......relayed what happened to TSM whom he knew to be a mandatory reporter. If this was not understood to be a crime by all involved at the time, this was quite sufficient way of handling the incident.
  • Did Joe influence TC's decision? (this is meaningless point if everyone involved did not conclude a crime was committed).

I agree with all of that except...
  • TC certainly doesn't get off the hook if Joe talked him out of reporting to DPW. It's his job to do the right thing. But that would still look damning for Joe. I don't believe that happened but I'm just saying "if".
There is no doubt that C/S did a horrible and unacceptable job documenting MM's report and their subsequent actions. It's HR 101 to document a whistleblower's report and they had no documentation. Just think how different things would have been if they had documented that MM told them abut inappropriate horseplay instead of sexual assault.

Just a clarification:
We know that the GJ presentment phrasing of 'anal rape' was fabricated by Eshbach, likely with help from Fina. Eshbach testified to that, stating under oath that McQ never said those words - the words that, more than any other, poured gasoline on this whole dumpster fire - and that those words were hers, not McQ's.
McQ has said that he was upset by her use of that phrase and asked her to change it. She refused, as she noted that wording would help the case vs. Sandusky.

IIRC Jenkins initial report was objective but then she flipped after reading the Freeh report.
Ah, yes........ the Freeh Report.

That "lynchpin". The singular key element to EVERYTHING (LMAO) - - - so sayeth the most esteemed members of the A9.

The "refuting" of that report was the key to changing EVERYTHING. It was Priority 1, Priority 2, Priority 3........ hell it was the ONLY Priority.

It was ALL that mattered :)

So critical was that task, that upon receiving access to those materials they apparently each took 11% of the documents - - - - and shoved them so deeply up their own asses they would never be seen again.

There does seem to be some time correlation between this suit being dropped and JayPa about to start on the BOT.

I'm very bummed by this news but lets see what happens down the road.

We haven't heard a peep about the progress/status of the freeh review lately. Wtf?? Is there anyone who can provide an update? Also with the Paterno suit being dropped perhaps Jay can now get involved in the alumni review? Maybe the Paternos saw this as a more finacially viable option vs the lawsuit? Just thinking outloud....

Serious question. Does anyone know why Joe wasn't a Sandusky fan or when their relationship went South? Did he dislike him from day 1?

I don't know if it's true or not, but it was said here that Joe often spoke at TSM fundraisers. Did he do this in spite of his loathing of JS?
Pretty sure JVP felt JS was spending too much time with the Second Mile and not enough on his football obligations. I think, JS always has a lot of TSM kids around him even at practice and the fb facility

There does seem to be some time correlation between this suit being dropped and JayPa about to start on the BOT.

We haven't heard a peep about the progress/status of the freeh review lately. Wtf?? Is there anyone who can provide an update? Also with the Paterno suit being dropped perhaps Jay can now get involved in the alumni review? Maybe the Paternos saw this as a more finacially viable option vs the lawsuit? Just thinking outloud....

I talked to Jay at a book signing in April. I told him that I appreciated his family's effort to clear Joe's name but I reminded him that he was fighting for all of us, not just his family. He told me that he knew that. I asked him if C&S guilty plea would have any bearing on his family's case and he said no. He said that he thought C&S took the plea in order to guarantee no jail time and he also said he was confident that Spanier would be found not guilty. I suspect that the C/S sentences, the judges comments, and Spanier's guilty verdict ultimately doomed the Paterno lawsuit.

Ah, yes........ the Freeh Report.

That "lynchpin". The singular key element to EVERYTHING (LMAO) - - - so sayeth the most esteemed members of the A9.

The "refuting" of that report was the key to changing EVERYTHING. It was Priority 1, Priority 2, Priority 3........ hell it was the ONLY Priority.

It was ALL that mattered :)

So critical was that task, that upon receiving access to those materials they apparently each took 11% of the documents - - - - and shoved them so deeply up their own asses they would never be seen again.

One thing is certain. The BOT failed miserably in their duty to protect the financial interest and reputation of Penn State.

We can debate the reason...
  • Incompetence
  • Covering their own real ends
  • Personal vendettas
Regardless of the reason, the BOT failed miserably. There's no excuse that even a single one of them remains on the board.

You know, I think that Lubrano has publicly released the results of the A9 review of the Freeh Report a couple times in the past few weeks:

"Louis Freeh is a fraud. Period. End of story. [End of A9 review.]" [mic drop]

If you want to move on, why don't you do just that and move on instead of posting on here about it and telling others what they should do? Seriously, why do you always feel the need to push your opinion? Every time there's a thread about this I know at some point you will show up with your anti-Joe, move on spin. The best way you can move on is to stop reading these threads altogether.
You are pushing your opinion, why can't I?

Reactions: _fugazi_
I talked to Jay at a book signing in April. I told him that I appreciated his family's effort to clear Joe's name but I reminded him that he was fighting for all of us, not just his family. He told me that he knew that. I asked him if C&S guilty plea would have any bearing on his family's case and he said no. He said that he thought C&S took the plea in order to guarantee no jail time and he also said he was confident that Spanier would be found not guilty. I suspect that the C/S sentences, the judges comments, and Spanier's guilty verdict ultimately doomed the Paterno lawsuit.
They should have no bearing on the lawsuit IF their goal was to uncover the truth AND what they found in discovery supported their belief as to what the truth was. My assumption is that discovery didn't go well.

They should have no bearing on the lawsuit IF their goal was to uncover the truth AND what they found in discovery supported their belief as to what the truth was. My assumption is that discovery didn't go well.

Your assumption is wrong. The Paternos are willing to release everything, the NCAA isn't.

8abK8HtkCw-4.png

Reactions: pnnnylion
My assumption is that discovery didn't go well.

WTF does that mean?

The Paterno's were plaintiffs so the onus was on them to prove that the NCAA unfairly disparaged their reputation. My assumption is that they were unable to prove this. C/S/S guilt and the judge's comments certainly couldn't help their case.

That's a far cry from discovery showing that Joe colluded with C/S/S on a coverup if that's what you're suggesting.

One thing is certain. The BOT failed miserably in their duty to protect the financial interest and reputation of Penn State.

We can debate the reason...
  • Incompetence
  • Covering their own real ends
  • Personal vendettas
Regardless of the reason, the BOT failed miserably. There's no excuse that even a single one of them remains on the board.
And continue to fail every day since........... and how many folks even give a damn about the consistent litany of failures - - - except for the ones that affect "football"?

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
WTF does that mean?

The Paterno's were plaintiffs so the onus was on them to prove that the NCAA unfairly disparaged their reputation. My assumption is that they were unable to prove this. C/S/S guilt and the judge's comments certainly couldn't help their case.

That's a far cry from discovery showing that Joe colluded with C/S/S on a coverup if that's what you're suggesting.
The goal was not supposed to be to win, it was supposed to be to expose the truth through testimony and exposing evidence. Isn't that what everyone here said?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT