ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Signal is up !!!!!

So Oakland High is maintaining their “unblemished” star rating!

It’s amazing how many of these Florida kids coming to Pitt have Pitt as their only official visit and have no other visits scheduled. It shows how wanted they are.

They will land some of these kids over the next few days, Talk themselves into these kids deserving a 4 star, then realize in a few years they had the wool pulled over their eyes

And you don't know that this one is not. I just mentioned LSU has offered 21 tight ends. 11 have picked other schools. Only 1 of the others is favoring LSU. This kid is a good player. Would they take him? Only the LSU coaches know for sure.

A good player who had a whopping 11 catches last season.

He gets to play an hour from home and go to college on full scholarship. I am with the crowd that is fine knocking on Narduzzi and Pitt, but not on the kid. For him, a power five offer to play near home is a blessing.

Agreed.. this is actually what college football can do for a kid. He struggled with academics, went the juco route, stuck with it and now has an opportunity at Pitt near his home to play football and continue his education.

He gets to play an hour from home and go to college on full scholarship. I am with the crowd that is fine knocking on Narduzzi and Pitt, but not on the kid. For him, a power five offer to play near home is a blessing.

Agree with this. Pitt's a fine academic school, and from the looks of him he isn't going to the NFL. Nothing wrong with getting a great degree close to home.

Pitt had the full court press on last night as the entire coaching staff & football staff had the 5 officials and guests at Hyde Park. They were coming in at 7 pm as we were leaving to walk across the street to the Pirate game.

Bold strategy, let's hope it pays off.:eek:

It’s amazing how many of these Florida kids coming to Pitt have Pitt as their only official visit and have no other visits scheduled. It shows how wanted they are.

They will land some of these kids over the next few days, Talk themselves into these kids deserving a 4 star, then realize in a few years they had the wool pulled over their eyes

But Florida no stars are better than 3 stars in the mid atlantic and northeast because they are from florida.

I doubt there are 21 tight ends with commitable offers to lsu

Sounds like the next Dan Marino, former Pitt QB Thomas MacVittie who ALSO had an offer from LSU and thus was a guaranteed superstar.

One offer from a power 5 team isn't some sort of golden ticket to superstardom.

Reactions: NJPSU
A good player who had a whopping 11 catches last season.

Yes. 11 catches. It was his freshman season. It was in only 8 games, and it was 5th best on his team. Now, I understand the level of competition is far different, but do you know how many catches Mike Gesicki had in his freshman season, playing in 13 games? A "whopping 11". In his sophomore year, Mike had a "whopping 13". This is not to suggest this guy is equal to Mike Gesicki, but if this kid committed to Penn State 80% of the posts here would be about how Franklin beat out LSU for a recruit. I am not going to revisit this thread. It's killing my blood pressure.

Keychains around the horn for everyone ....

The only appropriate keyring

pr-split-rings.jpg

Reactions: nittany dave
I see Rivals just gave Pitt a couple of "gifts" by rating both of their commits 3stars, especially the JUCO who they rated 5.7. Brisker is a 5.6 but this JUCO is a 5.7? Are they making this stuff up?

I see Rivals just gave Pitt a couple of "gifts" by rating both of their commits 3stars, especially the JUCO who they rated 5.7. Brisker is a 5.6 but this JUCO is a 5.7? Are they making this stuff up?

No joke Chris Peak provides suggestions for ratings. Many of their no stars have been granted a 3rd star with Chris Peaks influence

Reactions: LurkerLazarus
Yes. 11 catches. It was his freshman season. It was in only 8 games, and it was 5th best on his team. Now, I understand the level of competition is far different, but do you know how many catches Mike Gesicki had in his freshman season, playing in 13 games? A "whopping 11". In his sophomore year, Mike had a "whopping 13". This is not to suggest this guy is equal to Mike Gesicki, but if this kid committed to Penn State 80% of the posts here would be about how Franklin beat out LSU for a recruit. I am not going to revisit this thread. It's killing my blood pressure.

Gesicki with 11 catches as a freshman in the Big Ten vs. Koontz with 11 catches as freshman in a second tier JUCO league.

And PSU fans don't need to brag about beating LSU for a recruit. It's expected.

No joke Chris Peak provides suggestions for ratings. Many of their no stars have been granted a 3rd star with Chris Peaks influence
While I doubt rivals automatically would take his word for it, the JUCO kid was a 3* in HS so thats probably why he got them this time around too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT