ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Nardouche

That rain delay was such garbage, it was such a huge advantage for the home team, and helped them steal a win.
It certainly was. They had to suspend the game for spectator safety and player safety, no question. That said I'm sure MSU played it to their max advantage. We still had a chance to win but we couldn't get it done.

Hopefully we learned a lesson and if we ever have a delay at Beaver Stadium the shoe will be on the other foot.

Reactions: denniskembala
I read that during the delay pizza was ordered in for our guys. If true, someone should have their ass kicked. Nothing makes you sluggish like a ball of cheese in your stomach. There are a lot of other foods which the human body can use more efficiently in such a situation.
That is true but not unique. I also heard they brought in Chik-Fil-A.

The Penguins played a five-overtimer in the playoffs a couple years back and they also brought in pizza. However I'm sure they also had fruit, gels and what not as well, and they were at home.

In the old days it would have been half a pack of Pall Malls and black coffee, so look at it that way.

Nothing makes you sluggish like a ball of cheese in your stomach.

It's the crust that makes you bloated, not the small amount of cheese on a slice. But pizza is probably the worst food choice for that situation.

Multiple people (media and non media) have reported that Pat Nardouche had a party/bbq at his house very recently and after the party was over, he expected the long time (31 yr employee) football equipment manager to serve as the janitor around his house. The equipment manager objected to the request, the two got into an argument, and Heather Lyke then fired the equipment manager. Coach keychain is a real class act.

Nardouche knew. Lock him up.
Pat is comedy gold. I'm hoping he's a lifer at Pitt.

Reactions: nittany dave
It certainly was. They had to suspend the game for spectator safety and player safety, no question. That said I'm sure MSU played it to their max advantage. We still had a chance to win but we couldn't get it done.

Hopefully we learned a lesson and if we ever have a delay at Beaver Stadium the shoe will be on the other foot.

We learned nothing, like when Joe cut sanctioned Alabama a break, then let them turn around and fart in our face.

We have and still do produce some of the NFL’s greatest players, but where does that get us? .

I've often wondered why Pitt fans seem so disproportionately proud of their alums in the NFL. Putting guys in the league is certainly great (and PSU has done arguably a better job at this than Pitt), but it doesn't do anything for your college program UNLESS you can parlay that fact into recruiting success.

For whatever reason, Pitt has been unable to do that. Maybe it's lack of support from NFL alums (e.g. Larry Fitzgerald shilling as a University of Phoenix alumnus); maybe recruits appreciate volume of players in the league over "a couple of great ones".

Anyway, I'm not picking on you HailTo, as you seem to get this, but the Pitt bragging about the NFL (when PSU has more guys in the NFL right now anyway), never made any sense to me.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I've often wondered why Pitt fans seem so disproportionately proud of their alums in the NFL. Putting guys in the league is certainly great (and PSU has done arguably a better job at this than Pitt), but it doesn't do anything for your college program UNLESS you can parlay that fact into recruiting success.

For whatever reason, Pitt has been unable to do that. Maybe it's lack of support from NFL alums (e.g. Larry Fitzgerald shilling as a University of Phoenix alumnus); maybe recruits appreciate volume of players in the league over "a couple of great ones".

Anyway, I'm not picking on you HailTo, as you seem to get this, but the Pitt bragging about the NFL (when PSU has more guys in the NFL right now anyway), never made any sense to me.
When you don't have much to hang your hat on you hang it on whatever you do have. Same thing about supposed national championships 100 years ago. What are they supposed to try to pimp? Empty yellow seats and MAC level recruiting?

A defense that was young last year, improved in the second half of the season due to an alignment change, shut down an undefeated team in the season finale (Sorry, I forgot I can’t use this one because they were overrated and had poor QB play), brings back seven starters, and has the fourth best linebackers group in the conference (according to the ACC itself) couldn’t have improved at all? Obviously you already have your mind set in stone, so why bother trying to have a good discussion?

Did Pitt's defense really improve the last half of the year or did Pitt just play teams that were not great offensively? Here were the final total offense rankings of Pitt's last 5 opponents:

VT- 53rd
Miami- 60th
Duke- 88th
UNC- 96th
Virginia- 106

Why shouldn't we be proud of our NFL alums? Yeah, it doesn't translate much to the college level, but they're Pitt Men that go on to do great things at the next level. I didn't know being "disproportionately proud" of our alums in the NFL was a bad thing. .

It's the smug attitude of a lot of Pitt posters that think new recruits should come to Pitt because "their coaching staff" knows how to make an NFL superstar out of you. As if, only Pitt and their coaching staff knows the super-secret coaching secrets that can turn any kid into a NFL All-Pro and the attitude that kids should NOT go to a school like PSU because they had some first round draft busts in the past or they don't have as many NFL Hall of Famers as Pitt does.

Reactions: Lefty Hill
[

Also, I think the distinction with our NFL players has never been that we produce the most; That will always go to Alabama, Ohio State, etc. However, we tend to have "quality" over "quantity." Having Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, LeSean McCoy, and the recently-retired Darrelle Revis "belong" to your school is impressive, regardless of who you are.[/QUOTE]

Proud of LeSean McCoy? Even if the recent problems are not true, can't know how you can say that unless you look at only talent in and of itself. Also, there is nothing impressive about individual talent. It is what it is and has little to do with what school that talent attends. Channeling the talent you have and making good teams is much more impressive. Spare any response because there is none in this case. Pitt the program is irrelevant regardless of how much individual talent it has had in the past. Two more years and hopefully no more. The only straw grasping is you on here trying to prop Pitt up to being relevant with your imagined rival.

Why shouldn't we be proud of our NFL alums? Yeah, it doesn't translate much to the college level, but they're Pitt Men that go on to do great things at the next level. I didn't know being "disproportionately proud" of our alums in the NFL was a bad thing. I just assumed everyone got excited about their alums doing big things in the NFL. Heck, there's some of us that still get excited about a Western PA kid making it to the pros, collegiate affiliations be damned. It's school and regional pride. It's seems that you're grasping at straws.

Also, I think the distinction with our NFL players has never been that we produce the most; That will always go to Alabama, Ohio State, etc. However, we tend to have "quality" over "quantity." Having Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, LeSean McCoy, and the recently-retired Darrelle Revis "belong" to your school is impressive, regardless of who you are.
You can be proud of it. That's fine. But the way some Pitt fans talk, they care more about being able to brag about NFL accomplishments than they do about their own team. It's just weird to me.

And for your list:
Larry Fitzgerald doesn't even claim Pitt (https://www.phoenix.edu/partners/larry-fitzgerald.html)

Shady McCoy isn't a very good guy
https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buff...s_grows_amid_philadelphia_police_investi.html

Revis...ditto
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...gation-incident-new-york-pittsburgh/98012112/

I believe Fitzgerald doesn't like Pitt because he didn't graduate there, as he left early following the tremendous success he had here.

Maybe, but I can't think of any examples of guys who have left PSU after their junior years who don't claim any other school other than PSU.

Nahhh I get why they are proud and they should be. People like Larry Fitz (although I'm not sure how much he even has or had to do with pitt) Aaron Donald, Curtis Martin were and are HOF players so they should be proud. What a lot of the pitt people don't get is that so what its the success of the TEAM while at pitt and not the success of the players once they get into the NFL.

Honest question, why don't you want the series to continue? Does Pitt not "fit" into PSU's scheduling plans? Is there too much tension rising? Do you believe that Pitt "needs" it more than Penn State?

Simple, I don't want PSU playing the same OOC opponents every year. Now that PSU is in a conference, I want variety in my OOC opponents. It would be one thing if Pitt were a perennial top 25 team but they are not. I don't think I would even want to play a team like ND(or anyone else) every year OOC. I like the model of a home/home with a variety of teams.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Why shouldn't we be proud of our NFL alums? Yeah, it doesn't translate much to the college level, but they're Pitt Men that go on to do great things at the next level. I didn't know being "disproportionately proud" of our alums in the NFL was a bad thing. I just assumed everyone got excited about their alums doing big things in the NFL. Heck, there's some of us that still get excited about a Western PA kid making it to the pros, collegiate affiliations be damned. It's school and regional pride. It's seems that you're grasping at straws.

Also, I think the distinction with our NFL players has never been that we produce the most; That will always go to Alabama, Ohio State, etc. However, we tend to have "quality" over "quantity." Having Aaron Donald, Larry Fitzgerald, LeSean McCoy, and the recently-retired Darrelle Revis "belong" to your school is impressive, regardless of who you are.

Agree although at this point I might leave McCoy off the list.
But what ever happened with all the stuff regarding he and his girlfriend in the house in Atlanta?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Simple, I don't want PSU playing the same OOC opponents every year. Now that PSU is in a conference, I want variety in my OOC opponents. It would be one thing if Pitt were a perennial top 25 team but they are not. I don't think I would even want to play a team like ND(or anyone else) every year OOC. I like the model of a home/home with a variety of teams.
With nine conference games we have room for one and only one P5 non-con. 2 years with Pitt is fine. 4 years was a poor move. We need to get out more. We have excellent home and homes coming up with WVU, Auburn and Va Tech. One traditional foe, 1 top intersectional, and 1 with a recruiting rival whose home base is right in our wheelhouse.

Down the line we can play Pitt again, but they gotta take their turn among many others if they want a home and home. We're going to want ND again, a PAC-10, a different ACC - there's only so many dances on the card.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Kijana, I don't think there's anything "smug" about a recruiting pitch that says, "You can stay home while going to a school that has a proven track record of producing NFL talent." Although we might have a better track record than others or have produced more Hall of Famers than most, obviously Pitt isn't the only school that can say this. I'm not sure where this "coaching staff" speak comes from, as the coaching staffs that produced Fitzgerald, Revis, McCoy, even Donald are long gone. And it's not like Pitt hasn't had any busts, either (see Sean Gilbert). It seems that we're drifting toward the inevitable Tyler Boyd vs Robert Foster discussion.

Wow, tough crowd I see. And here I thought Mike Mauti was a hard case to work with ;) C'mon YYZ, where did I say I was "proud" of McCoy's off-field antics? Another logical fallacy being deployed.

Honest question, why don't you want the series to continue? Does Pitt not "fit" into PSU's scheduling plans? Is there too much tension rising? Do you believe that Pitt "needs" it more than Penn State?

It appears that there's more interest for the series nationally than there is locally. As a Kansas City resident, a city that enjoys its college football, I've been told by dozens of coworkers, neighbors, etc. that the Pitt-Penn State series has been fun to watch. After that they question why it was abandoned in the first place and why it will soon be no-more again. It's the same way everywhere else I go, except for Pennsylvania. Why? College football fans enjoy a good, old-fashioned, in-state battle. Perhaps it appeals to the football fans out here because they recently lost their own rivalry, the "Border War" between Missouri and Kansas.
There's one reason for PSU the program, and another reason for the PSU fan base.

For the program, and this has been said a million times, with 9 conference games we get 5 home one year, and 4 home games the next. That's not changing. Another thing that is not changing is that for financial reasons 7 home games are needed every year. These facts will not change in the foreseeable future.

Therefore, for PSU's three annual OOC games, we must have 2 at home during the years where there are 5 home conference games, and all 3 at home when there are only 4 conference games at home. Because the facts above are carved in stone, it's death, taxes, and this.

That means we must have 2 teams every single season that do not require a return game. Every year. Enter Appy State, Kent State, Directional U, whatever. Leaving 1, just 1, Power Five game that is a home and home. To be played in Beaver Stadium in the years with 4 home conference games, and the corresponding return trip in a year with 5. Death, taxes, the other thing, and this.

So. PSU's choices are
1. Schedule a long-term home and home with Pitt, foregoing any and all other P5 opponents. Doesn't help strength of schedule, doesn't help with exposure outside of the reason, doesn't help with recruiting. I think the interest you're hearing in your area is not widespread.
2. Drop Pitt and take on the WVUs, Auburns, Virginia Techs, and other regionally or nationally prominent teams. Better exposure, better SOS, expands the recruiting footprint.

It's a no brainer for the program. If Pitt wants to do a 3-1 or play in Beaver Stadium without a return trip, that would work. Those are the options. No others exist.

As for the PSU fan base, except for boomer-and-older fans in Western PA, we don't care about the actual game that much and the Pitt fan base is just absolutely ****ing exhausting. Present company excluded. The best way to get back at them for that is to not give them what they want; to not play them. Bonus of not playing Pitt is less reason to interact. Present company excluded.

Agreed.

I honestly don't know. I haven't followed it much. All I know is one of his girlfriend's friends uploaded pictures of her following a dispute and McCoy denied the claims. Not sure if the police have pursued it yet or not. Obviously if he did do it and he's convicted of it, his career should be over.

Fair enough. Would that change if the Big Ten resorted to eight conference games a year? That provides us with a bit more flexibility in the ACC where we can schedule a rival while also having room for Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Wisconsin, etc.

There isn't a team out there that is going to play 8 conf. games and then also add 3 P5 programs. That would be suicide even 2 P5 teams would be iffy.
I think we should all adopt the SEC scheduling philosophy of scheduling one of our cupcake games in Nov.

Reactions: bison13
Wow, tough crowd I see. And here I thought Mike Mauti was a hard case to work with ;) C'mon YYZ, where did I say I was "proud" of McCoy's off-field antics? Another logical fallacy being deployed.

No tough guy just stating my view on athletics and character. I cannot be proud of what an athlete does on the field if they are not a good person off it. No logic fallacy. I even stated unless you look at talent itself, but I guess you missed that part. What you don't understand about me is I root for Pitt in every other game they play because of a personal relationship with two of their players. I wish them the best of luck and will congratulate them personally if they beat PSU. Unlike my brethren here, I know that upsets happen, and I don't dismiss the fact that it can happen again.

I am glad it is over because I don't like locking in to one opponent for a long stretch. PSU already has that with the Big10. Bringing in VTech, Auburn, and WVU for short series' is great. I don't care about any of the imagined reasons you gave that I never stated. Pitt, Rutgers, and Maryland all want to be PSU's rival. Maybe you should ask the fans of those three teams why they feel they need PSU.

With nine conference games we have room for one and only one P5 non-con. 2 years with Pitt is fine. 4 years was a poor move. We need to get out more. We have excellent home and homes coming up with WVU, Auburn and Va Tech. One traditional foe, 1 top intersectional, and 1 with a recruiting rival whose home base is right in our wheelhouse.

Down the line we can play Pitt again, but they gotta take their turn among many others if they want a home and home. We're going to want ND again, a PAC-10, a different ACC - there's only so many dances on the card.
Notre Dame is absolutely a must. We should schedule them every year, and it would be great for recruiting.
Their take -
Penn State
One of our writers put together a similar list a few months ago and included Penn State as well. Many believe if the Irish ever did join a conference, it would be the Big Ten, which makes sense geographically. If that ever happened, this would be a much more common matchup.

Penn State has been one of the hottest teams over the last two seasons, going 22-5 including a Fiesta Bowl win last year. The Irish haven’t played Penn State since 2007 and are 9-9-1 all-time vs the Nittany Lions. Two historic programs playing in South Bend and Happy Valley just seems right. This is a matchup I wouldn’t be shocked to see in the near future.

Notre Dame is absolutely a must. We should schedule them every year, and it would be great for recruiting.
Their take -
Penn State
One of our writers put together a similar list a few months ago and included Penn State as well. Many believe if the Irish ever did join a conference, it would be the Big Ten, which makes sense geographically. If that ever happened, this would be a much more common matchup.

Penn State has been one of the hottest teams over the last two seasons, going 22-5 including a Fiesta Bowl win last year. The Irish haven’t played Penn State since 2007 and are 9-9-1 all-time vs the Nittany Lions. Two historic programs playing in South Bend and Happy Valley just seems right. This is a matchup I wouldn’t be shocked to see in the near future.
We had that long series with them when, back in the '80's? Great games. The Ice Bowl, goal line stand in '85, the game in the pouring rain. But not even ND can we play every year. If we were still a Major Independent, then sure. Not now though. It's a big country.

This is an interesting conversation. I'll side with the Pitt guy on a couple things. First, they should be proud of their successful NFL Alumni. And second, it's a little disingenuous to say Pitt has been recruiting on a MAC level. Their last couple of classes have been ranked considerably above the top MAC class. Heck, they've been middle of the road or above in the ACC for the last three classes (that's all I felt like looking up).

On the other hand, it is silly to think that kids will flock to Pitt because of the great players that made it in the NFL. NONE of them (the names mentioned -- Revis, Donald, McCoy, etc.) were at Pitt under the current staff. Not saying that HTP725 says that, but I have seen that argument often enough that I'm certain plenty of Pitt fans believe it's true.

Also, it's pretty tough to see them winning more than half of their games. I don't want to knock their QB (he seems pretty similar to our QB -- underrated out of HS and all), but he has limited experience. And he doesn't have WRs like Godwin and Hamilton (among others) or a RB like Barkley, or a tight end like Gesicki. Unless they have several guys come out of nowhere, I don't see them capable of scoring in bunches. As was already pointed out, their poor secondary lost guys to the NFL. Really hard to see that situation improving with less experienced players. Ford will have to play, and play out of his mind for that to happen.

Just wanted to kick in my two cents, which might be worth half of that in this conversation.

Only the terminally stupid would believe that these two teams are going to play again anytime soon. It simply isn't happening. Pitt desperately wants it to happen, but it isn't. Period.

I don't know how long we have to talk about it until people start believing it, but it's not happening short of Pitt giving up its home game. Continually talking about it isn't going to change anything.

Reactions: furfoot
This is an interesting conversation. I'll side with the Pitt guy on a couple things. First, they should be proud of their successful NFL Alumni. And second, it's a little disingenuous to say Pitt has been recruiting on a MAC level. Their last couple of classes have been ranked considerably above the top MAC class. Heck, they've been middle of the road or above in the ACC for the last three classes (that's all I felt like looking up).

On the other hand, it is silly to think that kids will flock to Pitt because of the great players that made it in the NFL. NONE of them (the names mentioned -- Revis, Donald, McCoy, etc.) were at Pitt under the current staff. Not saying that HTP725 says that, but I have seen that argument often enough that I'm certain plenty of Pitt fans believe it's true.

Also, it's pretty tough to see them winning more than half of their games. I don't want to knock their QB (he seems pretty similar to our QB -- underrated out of HS and all), but he has limited experience. And he doesn't have WRs like Godwin and Hamilton (among others) or a RB like Barkley, or a tight end like Gesicki. Unless they have several guys come out of nowhere, I don't see them capable of scoring in bunches. As was already pointed out, their poor secondary lost guys to the NFL. Really hard to see that situation improving with less experienced players. Ford will have to play, and play out of his mind for that to happen.

Just wanted to kick in my two cents, which might be worth half of that in this conversation.

The average national ranking for a 2019 Pitt verbal is 952. At what point do you consider MAC level recruiting to start?

The top ranked MAC school is 11 spots behind Pitt right now, so you tell me.

The key phrase is "right now". This is a month after Pitt had it's "greatest" recruiting weekend in its history, and it followed up with a flip from James Madison. Give it a few more weeks.

Even at this lofty peak, Pitt is still ranked 10th in the ACC. And they aren't going up, from here.

I just assumed everyone got excited about their alums doing big things in the NFL.

Not really. Sure it's never a bad thing to hear that a PSU alum is doing well in the NFL, or any walk of life. But it's nothing to get excited about.

it's a little disingenuous to say Pitt has been recruiting on a MAC level

The average national ranking for a 2019 Pitt verbal is 952. At what point do you consider MAC level recruiting to start?

The top ranked MAC school is 11 spots behind Pitt right now, so you tell me.

So Pitt is 11 spots above MAC recruiting. Congrats

Sometimes I feel like I'm conversing with 3rd graders.

I don't give two craps about Pitt recruiting. WE ARE Penn State. Pitt isn't playing in the same park as Penn State, let alone the same sandbox. So why do we feel like we need to embellish their status downward? They would be by far out recruiting every MAC school over the last few years. That's a fact. No need to state anything otherwise.

But yeah, that puts them solidly in the middle (8th) of a top heavy, but overall mediocre P5 conference. And they would be 10th in the Big Ten ahead of Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers, Indiana and Maryland. That's where this conversation should be focused, assuming we even care that much about them.

If the tables were flipped and Penn State was the school with Donald, Fitzgerald, etc., I'm sure you'd be touting them over Pitt's NFL talent.

There's PSU fans here that have flat out said there's no problem with cheering on your guys in the NFL. It appears to be a problem only because they're Pitt players.

If tables were flipped, I'd find something better to do with my Saturdays, and certainly wouldn't worry about what happens on Sundays that has no bearing on Saturdays.

If I hear that someone I'm proud is a Penn Stater, did something good in the NFL, that's not a bad thing. If I turned on a game and saw a PSU playing make a good play, of course I'd cheer for him... (That's not what Pitt fans do). That's casual, and normal, and I would expect that of any fan base. But getting all "Excited" about it? No way. Promoting it on a message board? No way. Trying to rationalize it as a reason my school is good? No way. This is all even more true if the successful player is/was a POS.

Last edited:
If the tables were flipped and Penn State was the school with Donald, Fitzgerald, etc., I'm sure you'd be touting them over Pitt's NFL talent.

There's PSU fans here that have flat out said there's no problem with cheering on your guys in the NFL. It appears to be a problem only because they're Pitt players.

Not me, I couldn’t care less about the NFL.

Reactions: pandaczar12

By all means cheer them on. I believe the Pitt board would be the perfect place.

Excitement? Oh my, the horror! We shall have none of this so-called excitement! "No way!"
source.gif

So we're on the same side here, right Panda? As long as there's absolutely no fun, enjoyment, or, especially, excitement involved, we're allowed to cheer for our pro players? Deal. In fact, I suggest going one step forward and requiring us to wear all-black and close off all natural lighting to ensure an acceptable mood. Anything higher than melancholy would be horrific! :rolleyes:

You mentioned getting excited about alums doing big things in the NFL. I'm sorry, I get excited about things my kids do. I get excited to go on vacation. I get excited when my alma mater wins football games. I just can't get excited about something someone previously associated with my alma mater did after they moved on. If that is where you are getting your fun and enjoyment out of life, you need to rethink your priorities.

These make sense. As for what BBrown said, I know where you're coming from. We tried that the past two seasons with Penn State and OK State. Just brutal, especially back-to-back early on in the season.

I think it goes to show that the College Football Playoff has played a part in ruining a lot of these great games. There's much more emphasis on not losing any games instead of playing good teams. They've made it clear that they'd prefer a team with no losses over a team with one loss that had a tougher schedule. Penn State got robbed using this same format. I wish they'd change the format to a system where all the major conference champions make it into the playoff so that it encourages teams to still play good opponents in out-of-conference play. Then again, it's all water under the bridge because by the time they come around to making some of these changes, college football will be nothing like we know it right now.
I agree with you. All conference Champions should absolutely be in the Playoff. Period. You must be the conference champion. Doing it any other way allows the political money driven subjectivity. Then have at it with the OOC games. This makes so much sense. Whats up with these power people? I know, Ego,Ego,Ego,Ego,Ego $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I’m a Steelers fan but I root for all Penn Staters first. I enjoy following the careers of Penn State players in the NFL (and NBA and hopefully soon the NHL). If that makes me a bad person, oh well.

You mentioned getting excited about alums doing big things in the NFL. I'm sorry, I get excited about things my kids do. I get excited to go on vacation. I get excited when my alma mater wins football games. I just can't get excited about something someone previously associated with my alma mater did after they moved on. If that is where you are getting your fun and enjoyment out of life, you need to rethink your priorities.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Gasps for breath....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You for got to mention things like an achievement in your profession. Is that acceptable for excitement or not? What about if one of my friends has a baby? Gets a job?

All these years, and I had no idea you were the person to tell us all what we can and cannot be excited about. I feel so stupid.

Last edited:
I’m a Steelers fan but I root for all Penn Staters first. I enjoy following the careers of Penn State players in the NFL (and NBA and hopefully soon the NHL). If that makes me a bad person, oh well.

Who said that makes you a bad person? Did you read the entire thread before commenting, because I think you missed this part:

If I hear that someone I'm proud is a Penn Stater, did something good in the NFL, that's not a bad thing. If I turned on a game and saw a PSU playing make a good play, of course I'd cheer for him... (That's not what Pitt fans do). That's casual, and normal, and I would expect that of any fan base. But getting all "Excited" about it? No way. Promoting it on a message board? No way. Trying to rationalize it as a reason my school is good? No way. This is all even more true if the successful player is/was a POS.

Do you get "excited" about what Penn State players do after they graduate? Are you "very enthusiastic and eager" to talk about their NFL success on message boards? Do you prioritize following their careers above most other aspects of your life? Do you put what past PSU players do in the NFL above what current PSU players are doing? If so, you might be a Pitt fan.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Gasps for breath....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You for got to mention things like an achievement in your profession. Is that acceptable for excitement or not? What about if one of my friends has a baby? Gets a job?

All these years, and I had no idea you were the person to tell us all what we can and cannot be excited about. I feel so stupid.

Where in the list of examples of things that I specifically say are exciting to me, did I say it was exhaustive or should apply to others? Now I understand why you feel stupid... back to 3rd grade reading class for you! Working on your reading comprehension will be a better use of your time than making embarrassing posts that make no sense and add no value.

If you get excited by living vicariously through some kids you never met after they have graduated, more power to you. But some of us have more to our lives than that.

Who said that makes you a bad person? Did you read the entire thread before commenting, because I think you missed this part:

Do you get "excited" about what Penn State players do after they graduate? Are you "very enthusiastic and eager" to talk about their NFL success on message boards? Do you prioritize following their careers above most other aspects of your life? Do you put what past PSU players do in the NFL above what current PSU players are doing? If so, you might be a Pitt fan.

Where in the list of examples of things that I specifically say are exciting to me, did I say it was exhaustive or should apply to others? Now I understand why you feel stupid... back to 3rd grade reading class for you! Working on your reading comprehension will be a better use of your time than making embarrassing posts that make no sense and add no value.

If you get excited by living vicariously through some kids you never met after they have graduated, more power to you. But some of us have more to our lives than that.
Not caring to enter the argument, but isn't living vicariously precisely what a fan of any team/sport is doing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT