ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Nardouche

He's a good player, I would assume he would get some other P5 offers and may not even stay with Pit. Real fast and plays in a tough montgomery county league in MD.
Maybe he'll be a decent prospect. That's not the point. The point is that all 15 of Pitt's commits are are kids that the major programs don't want. They're getting leftovers. This is Nardouche's problem. I don't care how much Peak and company want to hype them. Nardouche is desperate to get anybody. Worse yet, I expect a handful to jump ship if better offers arrive.

Post of the year

wtc8e8.jpg

Reactions: nittany dave
T
Maybe he'll be a decent prospect. That's not the point. The point is that all 15 of Pitt's commits are are kids that the major programs don't want. They're getting leftovers. This is Nardouche's problem. I don't care how much Peak and company want to hype them. Nardouche is desperate to get anybody. Worse yet, I expect a handful to jump ship if better offers arrive.
Their 2-star LB is a kid from Reading that we also wanted...........as a walk-on.

On the Lair, they actually have a thread that has a few idiots that are convinced that Narduzzi is a better coach than Kirk Ferentz. Someone said that in 15 years, if Narduzzi's record matches Ferentz', it will be a disappointment.

I'm not kidding. Look for yourselves.
I saw it. They are dumb and dumber........

On the Lair, they actually have a thread that has a few idiots that are convinced that Narduzzi is a better coach than Kirk Ferentz. Someone said that in 15 years, if Narduzzi's record matches Ferentz', it will be a disappointment.

I'm not kidding. Look for yourselves.

I think they mean when he goes back to Michigan St as DC and keeps adding up those 8 and 9 win seasons

You referring to the new stadium piece? I’m going off word I’ve heard from inside the administration that, after the completion of the most recent master plan, they will shift the attention to a football stadium. ETA 2027. There’s a potential site (or two). Guess I should be more tight-lipped with it :p

But, with anything Pitt-related, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Are they hoping a bomb hits in Oakland and clears out space? Or maybe when the Steelers decide to build a new stadium pitt can have heinz

Are they hoping a bomb hits in Oakland and clears out space? Or maybe when the Steelers decide to build a new stadium pitt can have heinz
I've also thought about what would happen if the Steelers decided to build a better stadium with all the bells and whistles expected in the NFL nowadays. Heinz Field is owned by the Sports and Exhibition Authority. Without the draw of the Steelers I can't imagine the Authority keeping the stadium in A1 condition unless Pitt paid more rent to make it possible. Alternatively, Pitt could buy the stadium from the Authority if they were willing to shell out a couple hundred million dollars at minimum. There's no way the Authority would give away a multi million dollar asset. The taxpayers who funded the stadium would justifiably flip out.

The current Steelers' lease runs through 2031. That may seem like a long way off but it takes awhile to announce, locate, plan and build a modern stadium. Should the Steelers choose to relocate to a new stadium and practice facility, welfare queen Pitt would be in a tough spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas1945
See below. But you’re correct, college football will have moved on from us by then. Just the fact of the matter. Then again, most of college football will be left behind, as will terms such as P5 and G5...

They’ve discussed that but that still won’t solve the off-campus issue. Besides, the Steelers building in Cranberry or some other place is nothing but a pipe dream.

They’d build on land already possessed by the university. The current athletic master plan is working side-by-side with the university master plan to create space for such a project.

Not that I think it will ever happen, but Pitt fans seem to think a stadium is the answer to all their problems. Far from it. College football has changed. Pitt does not have what it takes to play with the big boys. Driving into Oakland for a game would be a nightmare for fans. Attendance might be worse

Honest question for you @HailToPitt725, Narduzzi has shown no signs of being able to stop a spread offense at Pitt or Michigan St. last year, Pitt finished the season against two poor to below average qb’s that missed wide open receivers running up and down the field. They also finished the season playing 4 offenses ranked 70+. I see all these guarantees about how good this Pitt defense is going to be. I’m not seeing it. They replace their top 2 db’s. They have 4 DE’s none of which have really accomplished anything. They start Shane Roy at DT. I’m seeing more of the same for pitt on D but maybe that’s just me

Reactions: john4psu
A debate that actually continues on The Liar. Ferentz or the Douche?
Seriously? I guess if all you have is feces and everyone passes it around constantly.....it begins to resemble filet mignon? KF is `143-97 at Iowa. 19 of those losses came in his first 2 years. 139-78 since. 4 top 10 finishes and appearing in some real bowl games....like the Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl.
Rationalizing his record....."the "weakest" conference in P5!" Didn't Wisky beat Miami.....champ vs champ?In fact the Big 10 West had 4 bowl game winners. Incidentally Iowa beat Boston College.

Wow Majors really sucked his 2nd run. Lets just take out the time period of 75 - 82 because I think most will say a little bit more than just good coaching and recruiting was going on at Pitt during that time, and see what their cumulative record is....
Wasn't that the Golden Showers (money) era?

So it’s a coach announcing the addition of a new commit? That’s cool. I guess every college has something like that.

With ours’, I like how Pat rhymes with the Bat Signal. Makes it more unique to us.

Sure maybe other colleges have something “like that”. But haven’t you noticed how much pitt’s looks almost exactly like Penn State’s, but with a tiny twist? Kind of odd considering how much pitt allegedly hates Penn State.

Reactions: bison13 and 81b&w
How do they look the same? Pitt’s this year is the Cathedral of Learning’s lights turning on while I’m assuming Penn State’s is some sort of symbol flashing into the night sky, similar to the Bat Signal since you call it that.

You seem to be missing the point. Why start a new tradition that appears to be nearly identical from something your hated "rival" does? What's next... script pitt with sousaphone player dotting the "i"?

Then how come every pre season review has Pitt struggling to reach a winning season in 2018. You appear to see great improvement that no one outside of the Lair does. Oh bye the way as Pitts recruiting continues to decline it’s only going to get worse. But secretly you know that.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Very cute little snide remark about grammatical errors. ( Quite frankly, I’ve never claimed to be an English teacher ). I am amazed though at your constant attempts to diffuse and deflect the purpose of this thread from deservedly busting on PN. To your credit you have been reasonable and not frothing at the mouth as most of your Lair buddies usually do. It’s funny, if you posted your comments from this thread on the Lair they would be outing you as a “ nitter “.

I think it is just you. Almost every Pitt Football preview I’ve read mentions an improved defense, featuring a LB’s core that’s near the top of the ACC. Not only have we improved at every position, making up for some of the losses to graduation, but we have some great posters on the Pitt pay board that broke down how the defense changed after the UNC game. Beginning with the next game and on, they changed the alignment of the defense that made it easier to guard the spread while making it easier to get pressure on the QB.

I won’t elaborate too much on it, but it was a different alignment from the rest of the season and was very noticeable. It was a very good presentation with some informative graphics and charts, all created by PantherLair posters. I had no idea of the change until I read it. It looked like something off a sports website made by people who do that stuff for a living. Very impressive.

You lost me when you said great posters on the Pitt board. I can break it down better for you.

You’re secondary has Dane Jackson and a bunch of what ifs. More projection than proof

You DE situation can not afford an injury and even if no injuries has anyone done anything outside of making a splash play here and there

DT has a bunch of undersized guys who have not done anything yet. Oh ya and Shane Roy

LB. Wirginis who hasn’t done much yet. A walk-on LB, and Zeise. Penn States lb position is far from ideal, but I’d puke if that was Penn State’s.

Penn State is worried about their D and have more talent and experience at virtually ever position

You lost me when you said great posters on the Pitt board. I can break it down better for you.

You’re secondary has Dane Jackson and a bunch of what ifs. More projection than proof

You DE situation can not afford an injury and even if no injuries has anyone done anything outside of making a splash play here and there

DT has a bunch of undersized guys who have not done anything yet. Oh ya and Shane Roy

LB. Wirginis who hasn’t done much yet. A walk-on LB, and Zeise. Penn States lb position is far from ideal, but I’d puke if that was Penn State’s.

Penn State is worried about their D and have more talent and experience at virtually ever position

mauti pays more attention to pitt than Penn State. lol

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t of added that. My bad.

The thread moved this direction when I tried to add what I had heard regarding the Ox story, that it had nothing to do with Narduzzi or a BBQ party. It slowly transitioned into a football talk, which I guess is a good thing?

Also, there’s a difference between the free board and the pay board. Much more fun on Fifth and Forbes.
"shouldn't have added that". (grammatical error)

Sorry Mike, but you continue to use logical fallacies to support an argument that has increasingly less footing. You ask, “is it just me?” and it appears to be just that. When facts are presented to you, they’re immediately dismissed.

A defense that was young last year, improved in the second half of the season due to an alignment change, shut down an undefeated team in the season finale (Sorry, I forgot I can’t use this one because they were overrated and had poor QB play), brings back seven starters, and has the fourth best linebackers group in the conference (according to the ACC itself) couldn’t have improved at all? Obviously you already have your mind set in stone, so why bother trying to have a good discussion?

What facts have you presented outside of wishful thinking? I presented the offensive teams you played when Pitt’s defensive play improved. I presented that you probably lost your 2 best players on D. You played a lot of first year qb’s and finished 70th in the nation in total D. I’d be willing to bet you anything you’d like that you do not finish in the top 40 this year
You will be singing a different tune by the end of September. Pitt’s D still has holes all through it and will be exploited.

one of your posters thinks you can just pull a kid out off the campus and punt 42 yards

Like one time? Or average? We have one of the best punters in the country and he averaged 43 yards. And some walk-on is gonna average 42?

I think it is just you. Almost every Pitt Football preview I’ve read mentions an improved defense, featuring a LB’s core that’s near the top of the ACC. Not only have we improved at every position, making up for some of the losses to graduation, but we have some great posters on the Pitt pay board that broke down how the defense changed after the UNC game. Beginning with the next game and on, they changed the alignment of the defense that made it easier to guard the spread while making it easier to get pressure on the QB.

I won’t elaborate too much on it, but it was a different alignment from the rest of the season and was very noticeable. It was a very good presentation with some informative graphics and charts, all created by PantherLair posters. I had no idea of the change until I read it. It looked like something off a sports website made by people who do that stuff for a living. Very impressive.
You've been a nice addition to this board, and have conducted yourself with class in a hostile environment, but right now you're falling prey to the echo chamber within Pitt fandom. Year after year, we hear how Pitt is finally ready to make a run, only to see more of the same. And then the rationalization. Reality for Pitt is a couple of winning seasons here, a couple of losing seasons there, but always a reversion to the mean of a .500 sort of program.

Pitt's trend right now is not positive. Pitt has long been an undercoached team of role players with a couple of explosive playmakers who either wanted to stay home (Whitehead, Revis, etc) or who Pitt was willing to take a chance on who contributed mightily and then got the hell out of Dodge ASAP (Shady, Fitzgerald, etc). You don't have those kind of guys on your squad right now, and you are what your level of recruiting says you are. You are what your record says you are.

All the predictions that 8 or 10 or 12 guys on the squad across different position groups are suddenly, all in the same year, going to go from unproven mid-level guys to All-Conference, All-American level guys is wishful thinking. Pitt is going to score 25 per game, give up 30 a game with a couple of horrifying blowouts skewing the numbers. 5-7, 6-6 kind of year if they stick together. Would be 4-8 playing in the B1G East.

The kids on this year's Pitt squad will be better players than they were last year. But they won't be better players than the 3 drafted players and the handful of undrafted free agents who left. And on at least half of the Saturdays this fall they won't be better than the kids lining up across from them. That's who you are as a team.

You've been a nice addition to this board, and have conducted yourself with class in a hostile environment, but right now you're falling prey to the echo chamber within Pitt fandom. Year after year, we hear how Pitt is finally ready to make a run, only to see more of the same. And then the rationalization. Reality for Pitt is a couple of winning seasons here, a couple of losing seasons there, but always a reversion to the mean of a .500 sort of program.

Pitt's trend right now is not positive. Pitt has long been an undercoached team of role players with a couple of explosive playmakers who either wanted to stay home (Whitehead, Revis, etc) or who Pitt was willing to take a chance on who contributed mightily and then got the hell out of Dodge ASAP (Shady, Fitzgerald, etc). You don't have those kind of guys on your squad right now, and you are what your level of recruiting says you are. You are what your record says you are.

All the predictions that 8 or 10 or 12 guys on the squad across different position groups are suddenly, all in the same year, going to go from unproven mid-level guys to All-Conference, All-American level guys is wishful thinking. Pitt is going to score 25 per game, give up 30 a game with a couple of horrifying blowouts skewing the numbers. 5-7, 6-6 kind of year if they stick together. Would be 4-8 playing in the B1G East.

The kids on this year's Pitt squad will be better players than they were last year. But they won't be better players than the 3 drafted players and the handful of undrafted free agents who left. And on at least half of the Saturdays this fall they won't be better than the kids lining up across from them. That's who you are as a team.
I don't think you can add any more to that. And I second the credit to @HailToPitt725 for providing some good discussion and responding to criticism in a civilized manner. There have been a FEW Pitt posters who have been fine and add a little Tabasco to the off season, which is great.

Pitt has to scramble to find guys and they have to reach a lot. While there are no guarantees, the law of averages say high rated recruits are more likely to become big time players, division-winning players. If a 4 or 5-star doesn't pan out, you can probably find a spot for him in situations or on special teams just because of superior athleticism. If a 2 or 3-star doesn't develop, there's not much he's capable of doing for you.

You can take a flyer on Aaron Donald or James Connor and you strike oil with an All-American player. But when the bulk of your class is guys like that, it's a tough way to make a living. No coach is such a developer or a discoverer of unknown talent that you can take 30-40-50 rated classes year after year after year and win.

You're going to more or less win at a Top-30-40-50 level. Which is not to say that you can't pull a big upset because you sure can. But you're going to drop games to Ga Tech and Duke and NC State and everybody is going to be looking at each other wondering why.

And even with tremendous players like Donald and Connor, Pitt still couldn't win anything - because the rest of the squad was only all right - not the level of ballplayers you need to win.

We were a combined 12 points away from being 8-4. That’s why I believe 8-4 isn’t as far away as some think.
You were also a combined 14 points away from being 3-9 (including a loss to Youngstown State). You can’t just look at the close losses.

You were also a combined 14 points away from being 3-9 (including a loss to Youngstown State). You can’t just look at the close losses.
Yup. PSU was a combined 4 points from being undefeated last year. But that's not what happened. PSU was 10-2 in the regular season because the team could not hold off OSU's comeback at home, and could not grind out a win vs. MSU after the crazy weather delay. Maybe with just a little more depth at key positions, or a little better blocking up front. But they were able to pull out the win at Iowa. Other games like Pitt and Akron were well in hand from kickoff to taking a knee in victory formation.

Both PSU and Pitt in 2017 were perfect examples of a team being what its record said it was. In one case, 11-2 with a win in a New Years 6 bowl, and in the other case 5-7.

Yup. PSU was a combined 4 points from being undefeated last year. But that's not what happened. PSU was 10-2 in the regular season because the team could not hold off OSU's comeback at home, and could not grind out a win vs. MSU after the crazy weather delay. Maybe with just a little more depth at key positions, or a little better blocking up front. But they were able to pull out the win at Iowa. Other games like Pitt and Akron were well in hand from kickoff to taking a knee in victory formation.

Both PSU and Pitt in 2017 were perfect examples of a team being what its record said it was. In one case, 11-2 with a win in a New Years 6 bowl, and in the other case 5-7.

That rain delay was such garbage, it was such a huge advantage for the home team, and helped them steal a win.

That rain delay was such garbage, it was such a huge advantage for the home team, and helped them steal a win.
I read that during the delay pizza was ordered in for our guys. If true, someone should have their ass kicked. Nothing makes you sluggish like a ball of cheese in your stomach. There are a lot of other foods which the human body can use more efficiently in such a situation.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT