ADVERTISEMENT

Pass Protection by rookie running backs

Lane

May 29, 2001
Contrast this with the reports you hear on Saquon and his proficiency in picking up the blitz:

Bryan Broaddus: I can tell you from my experience of studying Bo Scarbrough, he wasn’t asked to pass block much at Alabama. After watching him get dumped by Kyle Querio on his first rep - - I understood why. What Querio did to Scarbrough had to put a bad taste in his mouth. Querio knocked him straight on his rear. The next snap wasn’t much better with Querio working around the edge and then again on a third time. Scarbrough was throwing a no-hitter but something changed against Tre’von Johnson. Scarbrough’s hands and feet were in better position which put Johnson in a bad spot. After the rep, it was as if Scarbrough had unlocked the secret of pass protection and his coach, Gary Brown couldn’t have been more proud of him.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Contrast this with the reports you hear on Saquon and his proficiency in picking up the blitz:

Bryan Broaddus: I can tell you from my experience of studying Bo Scarbrough, he wasn’t asked to pass block much at Alabama. After watching him get dumped by Kyle Querio on his first rep - - I understood why. What Querio did to Scarbrough had to put a bad taste in his mouth. Querio knocked him straight on his rear. The next snap wasn’t much better with Querio working around the edge and then again on a third time. Scarbrough was throwing a no-hitter but something changed against Tre’von Johnson. Scarbrough’s hands and feet were in better position which put Johnson in a bad spot. After the rep, it was as if Scarbrough had unlocked the secret of pass protection and his coach, Gary Brown couldn’t have been more proud of him.

I've never seen anyone at the college level even close to Saquon in pass protection

Reactions: N&B4PSU and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT