ADVERTISEMENT

Parsons decommits per Ryan Snyder

So much for him trying to get Isheem Young on board. Makes me wonder what happened this weekend that made him decide now.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Price of taking a commit from a five star when they're a sophomore. Once again can't fault kid for wanting to take all of his allotted visits and if it helps for him to do that with a blank slate and not feeling tied down by a verbal, then oh well....that's just the process

If he up and commits to OSU tomorrow, then yeah that sucks. As it is though I'd be surprised if he decides on anything before taking his officials.

Strictly a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he and Coach Franklin had a heart-to-heart conversation and Coach told him to be serious in his commitment or move on.

Great athlete, but PSU has good young players at DE and more on the way.

Unhappy with PSU regarding his buddy. Academics seem to be a potential issue with Butts but Parsons feels unhappy with PSU on what their position is with his recruitment.

PSU is better off. They don't need kids like this who its all about themselves. This 2018 class seems to be a close group with good camaraderie and Parsons just doesn't fit. Yes, it would be nice to have his talent but there's plenty of talent already on the team or coming aboard this fall, kids who want to be in happy valley, true penn staters.

That may be so, but I'm guessing it is CJF telling these kids the train is rolling and if you aren't serious, get off (whether you are a 3-star or a 5-star).

Doubt that is CJF's message. Reality is every program from Bama to FSU to USC has blue chip recruits decommit. When you are that sought after there is going to be a pull to take visits if you haven't done so. I take the kid at his word when he says he committed too early - it was December of his sophomore year.

Not sure how many places Parsons has been to for a serious look apart from OSU and PSU but if any person out there was getting pulled as much as this kid is in so many directions it would make a ton of sense to step back and consider the biggest decision he will make as if he had a blank slate.

Badmouthing the kid does PSU zero good here. Give Parsons space to focus on his decision and have trust that Franklin and staff are doing everything to recruit for need regardless of what road Parsons takes.

Did his buddy Riot decommit as well? I sure hope so... :eek: Those package deals never seem to work out very well. :p

Doubt that is CJF's message. Reality is every program from Bama to FSU to USC has blue chip recruits decommit. When you are that sought after there is going to be a pull to take visits if you haven't done so. I take the kid at his word when he says he committed too early - it was December of his sophomore year.

Not sure how many places Parsons has been to for a serious look apart from OSU and PSU but if any person out there was getting pulled as much as this kid is in so many directions it would make a ton of sense to step back and consider the biggest decision he will make as if he had a blank slate.

Badmouthing the kid does PSU zero good here. Give Parsons space to focus on his decision and have trust that Franklin and staff are doing everything to recruit for need regardless of what road Parsons takes.

I absolutely believe he thinks he committed too early. And I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin nudged him. Franklin sees the writing on the wall. Parsons would either (a.) decommit or (b.) continue to be a distraction. Either case isn't good for PSU.

Also, I don't doubt that other programs lose 5-star kids but that's not the point. The kid appears to be disingenuous and a distraction. I'd rather have a 4-star who buys in to the program and to the team.

I absolutely believe he thinks he committed too early. And I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin nudged him. Franklin sees the writing on the wall. Parsons would either (a.) decommit or (b.) continue to be a distraction. Either case isn't good for PSU.

Also, I don't doubt that other programs lose 5-star kids but that's not the point. The kid appears to be disingenuous and a distraction. I'd rather have a 4-star who buys in to the program and to the team.

This kid has trouble written all over him after the incident last fall at CD with his buddy "Riot". He was never PSU material.

Weird perspective because he clearly states Coach Franklin called him and talked him into coming over to State College with his family. Riot may scare you off but doesn't mean a thing to CJF. So if a 5 star stud that every college in America wants is not Penn State material who is LOL? Franklin is still on this kid hard and will not stop recruiting him. You post a bunch of goofy stuff. Your post is par for the course.

Weird perspective because he clearly states Coach Franklin called him and talked him into coming over to State College with his family. Riot may scare you off but doesn't mean a thing to CJF. So if a 5 star stud that every college in America wants is not Penn State material who is LOL? Franklin is still on this kid hard and will not stop recruiting him. You post a bunch of goofy stuff. Your post is par for the course.
You're the goofy still believing this kid ends up at PSU. He's gone and we won't miss a beat. CJF has other kids lined up and ready to commit.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Yup, best anyone can do is wish him well and move on. Commitments after a player decommits are rare but you never know. Don't hate SAB or Micha since you never truly know what Franklin and co. or Urbz have said to them. Our class will still be insane and full of talent. If we have another 9+ win season the class could be even better than expected. So everyone take a chill pill and please don't tweet at the kid.

Sidenote:
I wonder what Parsons and Barber's relationship is like? Do they see each other outside of football season? Will there be tension between Parsons/SAB and Barber in the HBG High hallways?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Sidenote:
I wonder what Parsons and Barber's relationship is like? Do they see each other outside of football season? Will there be tension between Parsons/SAB and Barber in the HBG High hallways?

Yes, it will be like a soap opera in the last month of the school year at Harrisburg High. Dirty looks, snide comments, gossiping, you name it.

Unhappy with PSU regarding his buddy. Academics seem to be a potential issue with Butts but Parsons feels unhappy with PSU on what their position is with his recruitment.

I personally think that there are better WR’s out there than Butts; and smarter too!

Why does recruiting have to become so personal to the fans! You have nothing at stake. Only the coaches and potential recruits have anything to gain or lose. Stop commenting on a kid, that you know nothing about or would give 2 sh!ts about if he didn't play football, intelligence! Most of you are a bunch of jock sniffers that would crap your pants if you find yourself between the lines with all these kids that you glorify or bash! For most of these kids this is their lifeline to future success in life. Don't diminish how important these opportunities and decision are to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT