ADVERTISEMENT

Parking SUCKS the University needs to get its s#!t together

No Name all Game

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2016
They need to get things together and soon.They closed down Porter Rd with cones till some guy moved them a 6:30 traffic was terrible. RV heading to the blue lot were backed up to 322 on Rt.26 they are truly being real ASSHOLES things need to change.if anyone knows who needs to be contact please post it.

They need to get things together and soon.They closed down Porter Rd with cones till some guy moved them a 6:30 traffic was terrible. RV heading to the blue lot were backed up to 322 on Rt.26 they are truly being real ASSHOLES things need to change.if anyone knows who needs to be contact please post it.

They didn’t start traffic enforcement until late this morning - no one directing traffic.

Reactions: Big 0
For years they have let the RV's line up on Porter Rd early in the morning now they are blocking down the road if you get in before they close down the road the make you move. This is causing all the traffic problems.

I agree. I made it to Park Ave at 7:30 am. Lots supposedly opened at 8:00 but I basically sat in the same spot until 9:20 am before we started moving.

We parked by Land & Water Research Building. Had a spot and were told we had to move for “vendors”. Luckily we found a spot not too far from where we were. The vendor is a Prospector’s BBQ box truck! WTF? They have a stand by the stadium, so again, the greed of the University punishes the alumni and fans. Crazy.

We parked by Land & Water Research Building. Had a spot and were told we had to move for “vendors”. Luckily we found a spot not too far from where we were. The vendor is a Prospector’s BBQ box truck! WTF? They have a stand by the stadium, so again, the greed of the University punishes the alumni and fans. Crazy.

Yep... add to that the obligatory Parking gestapo... no thanks*

Somebody has to pay for all of those AADs.

You're lucky you get to park at all. Here's where you'll be tailgating next year if you don't cough up some more cash:

19088168-standard.jpg

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
No regrets chosing to not get involved with this mess...

I’d be mightily pissed off if I paid $500+ for Blue preferred RV parking and could not get to the lot... screw that
I couldn’t agree more. I was dropping nearly $5k per season for club seats and reserved parking. It infuriated me when they got rid of the traffic cop where 322 dumps onto Route 26. When there was a cop there, he/she would adjust the light to meet demand and get people “moving” with hand gestures, etc.

Without this human intervention, the traffic flow went to shit. I guess there isn’t enough revenue generated on game days to man this intersection with a traffic cop.

I am sure that the towing companies are having a great day.
Seriously, why don’t they charge $100 to park.
Are people going to stay home?
No!
Paying 20.40,60 to park is a bargain.
PSU is leaving a lot of money in the hands of scalpers with this product.
I'd pay $100 to park on Old Main Lawn w/ a bumper dumper. Other than that, yeah...it's a bunch of hay fields.

Off-Road-Commode-Trailer-Hitch-Toilet-Seat-No-More-Squatting-In-The-Bushes-To-Poop-pictures-001.jpg

With such a confined, urban setting from which to operate, it's understandable that the University can't figure out where and how to park cars and RV's.
Parking revenues are only $500k or so per game. Maybe if they had a bigger budget.

I couldn’t agree more. I was dropping nearly $5k per season for club seats and reserved parking. It infuriated me when they got rid of the traffic cop where 322 dumps onto Route 26. When there was a cop there, he/she would adjust the light to meet demand and get people “moving” with hand gestures, etc.

Without this human intervention, the traffic flow went to shit. I guess there isn’t enough revenue generated on game days to man this intersection with a traffic cop.
YEP

High brow club seat member huh? I would expect nothing less than first class for Sir Nittany Ziggy. Ziggy has never seen steerage class bank that!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT