ADVERTISEMENT

Parking issue!

PSU210

Oct 20, 2019
Accidently purchased RV parking pass on StubHub rather than just vehicle.
I tried calling ticket office but closed till tomorrow. Anyone know if they would just
let me park in regular car lots or am I going to have to go through the BS of getting another
pass? Thank you in advance.

You'd assume they'd let you given that RV parking is more expensive

But this is Penn State so you will likely have to pay again

I'd imagine they won't let you in with it because it will look different than the car passes and the people working the lots won't have any idea what your pass is for. PSU will hopefully exchange it for you and refund the difference but I'd get it done prior to game day.

I tried calling ticket office but closed till tomorrow. Anyone know if they would just
let me park in regular car lots or am I going to have to go through the BS of getting another
Just tell them you bought it so you'd have more room and may want to sleep in your vehicle. It's paid for and they can't decide what your RV looks like.

Reactions: bison13
Starting 3 or 4 years ago they allow non-rv's in the rv lot. Last time I parked in one several a-holes (female psu fans that apparently think they own the lot) started yelling at me but I just flipped them the bird. Seriously, three different women thought they could bully me. smh. BTW, two the husbands stopped over and apologized and were handsomely rewarded with food and beverages.

Anyway, they allow this now because sometimes rv's are known to breakdown and previously those with rv passes couldn't use them without an rv. Call the ticket office and explain your dilemma and make sure the rules haven't changed for this year. Be prepared to be harassed and have to ticket office number handy in case you need them to explain.

edit: It's a great place for a tailgate since you get a very large space. I had a mini-van, two 10x10 canopies and all the gear needed for a tailgate. We had about 40 people, mostly college students hanging out for most of the day. The old guys in the lot hadn't seen that many young college girls in their lot in a long time.

When I had parking stall 1438 in the red parking, the there was RV parking scattered among regular parking. I was in that lot for 11 yrs and knew the RVs in the area. On ocassion, sometimes the RV people left the motor homes and brought their cars.

I would believe if you rent the stall, you should be able to park a car, chuck wagon, or blue bus ....no 10 yard tri-axles, the university has a precedent

read the info on the pass. Our RV pass says if you show up without an RV, they will direct you to closest general parking lot.

Reactions: step.eng69
read the info on the pass. Our RV pass says if you show up without an RV, they will direct you to closest general parking lot.
A few years back one of the new parking attendants was directing non-RVs with an RV pass into a general lot. It was pissing of people who paid good money for those spaces. As mentioned above, sometimes the RV may break down and not be available. Anyway, someone told one of the parking attendants who had been working the lot for years. He was/is a great guy who everyone in the lot knew on a first name basis. He was not happy. He had a talk with the new attendant and assured everyone it wouldn't happen again. His philosophy was if someone paid for the parking space they should be allowed to use it, fine print be damned.

I think the non-RV rule may be applied similarly to the no drinking in the lot during the game rule. it gives cover if someone is abusing the rule but if people aren't jerks and don't call attention to themselves, nobody will care. After all, the vast majority of people are at the game to have a good time. A hard ass parking attendant needs to lighten up.

A few years back one of the new parking attendants was directing non-RVs with an RV pass into a general lot. It was pissing of people who paid good money for those spaces. As mentioned above, sometimes the RV may break down and not be available. Anyway, someone told one of the parking attendants who had been working the lot for years. He was/is a great guy who everyone in the lot knew on a first name basis. He was not happy. He had a talk with the new attendant and assured everyone it wouldn't happen again. His philosophy was if someone paid for the parking space they should be allowed to use it, fine print be damned.

I think the non-RV rule may be applied similarly to the no drinking in the lot during the game rule. it gives cover if someone is abusing the rule but if people aren't jerks and don't call attention to themselves, nobody will care. After all, the vast majority of people are at the game to have a good time. A hard ass parking attendant needs to lighten up.
We park in an numbered RV lot. They came by a few years ago and told people they needed an RV to park there. One of the guys told them his family did not join him and he drove his car. Asked the attendant to show him the policy. Was researched and he was informed he did not need an RV. There was a push a few years ago because people were complaining that they could not get an RV pass and saw many people with cars in the lots.

I’ve always wanted to get an RV pass and show up with a lawn chair, radio, six pack, and a hoagie.

many years ago, I pulled into a parking garage to find a space available just to the left of a large pillar. There were signs saying you were not allowed to back into spaces. But backing in was the only way to get into that space. So I did. When I came back after the game, I had a ticket from the SC police. I took a photo of the space and the ticket, put them into an envelope and sent them a polite letter stating that this "no backing in" policy was BS for that particular space and politely asked them to waive the ticket. I signed the letter. I then added a PS: If you don't waive the ticket I am not going to pay it anyway." I never heard anything back.

ADVERTISEMENT