ADVERTISEMENT

Football Parker Washington ruled out for remainder of 2022 season

Damn. Tough break. Is he sophomore or junior? I think the kid's good enough to play in the league.
He's a Jr. He can declare for the draft or come back next year. In fact, he can come back the year after as well as he was on the team during the COVID year and gets a year back for having to play through that shit show.

Reactions: bison13
BTW, I saw a very good analysis by a person who stated that players should only come out if they are drafted in rounds 1 or 2. His math showed that the average player gets six years. But the first three years are at that rookie contract. So 1/2 of a good NFL career is dictated by the rookie contract. If you aren't drafted in rounds 1 or 2, and turn out to be a good player (getting six years) you are better off waiting. If you don't turn out to be good, you still get that three-year rookie contract that pays good guaranteed money.

I hope he comes back, gets healthy, and goes in the top two rounds the year after. Right now, he won't get drafted that high.

BTW, I saw a very good analysis by a person who stated that players should only come out if they are drafted in rounds 1 or 2. His math showed that the average player gets six years. But the first three years are at that rookie contract. So 1/2 of a good NFL career is dictated by the rookie contract. If you aren't drafted in rounds 1 or 2, and turn out to be a good player (getting six years) you are better off waiting. If you don't turn out to be good, you still get that three-year rookie contract that pays good guaranteed money.

I hope he comes back, gets healthy, and goes in the top two rounds the year after. Right now, he won't get drafted that high.
He's nowhere near the second round now but I doubt he gets close with more time.

If he can get a second round prediction it would be hard to turn down. Even a third or even a fourth round prediction might be a thought to leave. Think he could be a second round pick or high third. Kids a good ballplayer.

If he can get a second round prediction it would be hard to turn down. Even a third or even a fourth round prediction might be a thought to leave. Think he could be a second round pick or high third. Kids a good ballplayer.
I don't think so..., especially with a major injury. He doesn't have those physical skills that pro teams love. Not to say he won't be good, it's just that he doesn't run a 4.3, stand 6-3, or weigh 230 lbs. He's got 46 catches for 611 yards in 9 games. A full 12 game season still doesn't get to 1,000 yards.

Charlie Jones has 1.056 yards. tOSU's Marvin Harrison has 1037 and Egbuka has 914. Nebraska's Palmer has 878. Pitt's Wayne has 807.

IMHO you either have to have really high production or physical stats that jump off the page to get into the first two rounds. Washington has neither. And, now, will be coming off some kind of major injury.

Reactions: Online Persona
Currently not ranked in the top 100 so that's going to be tough.

How did he get injured and what is the nature of the injury? The article says a possible career ending injury. Tough break for Washington and the team.

How did he get injured and what is the nature of the injury? The article says a possible career ending injury. Tough break for Washington and the team.
season-ending, not career-ending...according to the article. I have no idea other than that.

If Washington's injury is career ending the PSU 2023 WR group will be a crap shoot unless the staff can find some combination of high impact 2023 class player(s) and/or Portal player(s).......

Last edited:
Regarding his draft status, having a season ending (leg?) injury won’t help. Coming back healthy might benefit him in that regard as well.

B.S.
I love how you Buckeye hypocrites encourage our guys to leave and your own to stay. Kinda like ya boy LJ Sr right?

The Article states it may be the ends of his college career because the writer is speculating that Parker may declare for the draft. Not that the injury is career ending.

Washington was projected late 4th to 5th round prior to his injury. He's firmly in undrafted free agent status now.

Should he return healthy as the clear-cut #1 WR with 5 star Allar throwing ropes to him, he could potentially double his 600 yards this season and end up late 1st to 2nd round in a year.

Reactions: Ian and Cowbell Man
I don't think so..., especially with a major injury. He doesn't have those physical skills that pro teams love. Not to say he won't be good, it's just that he doesn't run a 4.3, stand 6-3, or weigh 230 lbs. He's got 46 catches for 611 yards in 9 games. A full 12 game season still doesn't get to 1,000 yards.

Charlie Jones has 1.056 yards. tOSU's Marvin Harrison has 1037 and Egbuka has 914. Nebraska's Palmer has 878. Pitt's Wayne has 807.

IMHO you either have to have really high production or physical stats that jump off the page to get into the first two rounds. Washington has neither. And, now, will be coming off some kind of major injury.
I think he's one of those guys that goes about the third round and stays in the league for 5-6 years. It depends on the team and situation, plus there's like anywhere else politics to fight. Think the kids a great possession receiver like the Patriots used to have. No encourage intended. Gotta make that decision himself

Reactions: Obliviax
I think he's one of those guys that goes about the third round and stays in the league for 5-6 years. It depends on the team and situation, plus there's like anywhere else politics to fight. Think the kids a great possession receiver like the Patriots used to have. No encourage intended. Gotta make that decision himself
He's one of those guys who can beat your defense which is why you want him to leave early.

Washington was projected late 4th to 5th round prior to his injury. He's firmly in undrafted free agent status now.

Should he return healthy as the clear-cut #1 WR with 5 star Allar throwing ropes to him, he could potentially double his 600 yards this season and end up late 1st to 2nd round in a year.
The draft board I found showed him at #163 before the injury. It makes sense for him to return.

The draft board I found showed him at #163 before the injury. It makes sense for him to return.
Yes. Also Curtis Jacobs should be coming back and so should 19 year old Olu Fashanu and I don't give a damn what any mock draft says.

Yes. Also Curtis Jacobs should be coming back and so should 19 year old Olu Fashanu and I don't give a damn what any mock draft says.
Jacobs isn't even listed in the top 500 draft-eligible prospects right now. He's coming back because he isn't draftable yet. Either that or someone is selling him ridiculous snake oil.

Last I've seen has Fashanu late 1st round/early 2nd. That could be enough but one more year of growth for a 19 year old could put him as a top 5 overall pick. Huge difference in money there and he could support a huge insurance policy that the school and NIL would cover. Lots of upside if he returns but for some that's too tempting to get their money now. Sounds like momma wants him to get his degree as well so don't discount that.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Jacobs isn't even listed in the top 500 draft-eligible prospects right now. He's coming back because he isn't draftable yet. Either that or someone is selling him ridiculous snake oil.

Last I've seen has Fashanu late 1st round/early 2nd. That could be enough but one more year of growth for a 19 year old could put him as a top 5 overall pick. Huge difference in money there and he could support a huge insurance policy that the school and NIL would cover. Lots of upside if he returns but for some that's too tempting to get their money now. Sounds like momma wants him to get his degree as well so don't discount that.
Exactly. I'm also sick and tired of posters on this site that keep preaching for every Tom dick and Harry to leave early. That is not how things need to work.

ADVERTISEMENT