ADVERTISEMENT

Parents Weekend

yeahtoasty

Dec 23, 2002
Has anyone ever gone up for a Parents Weekend? With a first-year student starting in August, Mrs. Toast and I are considering going up for this but wondering whether it’s worth the trip and expense.

We’ll almost certainly be making some one-day trips up for a game or two this fall, but it might be fun to experience Happy Valley on a non-football weekend. Hotels are mostly sold out so we’ll probably stay in Altoona.

Has anyone ever gone up for a Parents Weekend? With a first-year student starting in August, Mrs. Toast and I are considering going up for this but wondering whether it’s worth the trip and expense.

We’ll almost certainly be making some one-day trips up for a game or two this fall, but it might be fun to experience Happy Valley on a non-football weekend. Hotels are mostly sold out so we’ll probably stay in Altoona.
I found it not worth my while, especially since, like you, we go up on football weekends.

Reactions: yeahtoasty
I found it not worth my while, especially since, like you, we go up on football weekends.
Thanks, that’s kind of what I suspected but would be interested in other opinions as well.

They’re supposed to publish a list of events in August and that will probably sway my opinion one way or the other — problem is, hotels are already scarce so we may not have the luxury of waiting for the events schedule.

Thanks, that’s kind of what I suspected but would be interested in other opinions as well.

They’re supposed to publish a list of events in August and that will probably sway my opinion one way or the other — problem is, hotels are already scarce so we may not have the luxury of waiting for the events schedule.
Just go. You only get to do this once.

Book an air B and B, Staying in altoona won’t be any fun

Don't do this. Very high chance your student won't be thrilled. The only thing you'll learn is that PSU won't tell you anything about your student which I'm sure you're already aware of the situation. If you want to visit more often do so on your own pace.

In a nutshell, parents weekend sucks.

Reactions: cvilleelkscoach
ADVERTISEMENT