57kg: Gonzalez wins the Gold 8-2
61kg: Bouzakis wins Gold 10-0
70kg: Mesenbrink wins the Gold 10-0
86kg: Fisher wins Gold 10-0
92kg: J. Smith wins Gold via Pin
97kg: Keuter wins Gold via Pin
125kg: Feldman wins Gold 10-0

Last edited:
61kg final: tOSU on PSU violence. Bouzakis vs. Betancourt (representing Puerto Rico).

Not (edit: originally) mentioned in the above results: 65kg has Vince Cornella in the finals for USA (two guesses where he'll be a freshman next year).

Looks like a slew of nail biters
Fisher's first round....Fisher was exhausted...closer than the score. Feldman vs Canada's Hwt. was pretty competitive. 8-5 or 8-6 at one point. The rest of the matches were Sominex.

Betancourt is a great room guy that I’m really happy to have but I don’t expect him to make much noise here as a starter based on his results at OSU last year. Maybe he makes a huge jump but it shouldn’t be a huge shock he’s not remotely competitive with Bouzakis.

Reactions: fronk71
Betancourt is a great room guy that I’m really happy to have but I don’t expect him to make much noise here as a starter based on his results at OSU last year. Maybe he makes a huge jump but it shouldn’t be a huge shock he’s not remotely competitive with Bouzakis.
All true. But he made Bouzakis look like the 2nd coming and he isn't.

Facundo w 13-0 final to wave old glory.

Nice to see these guys getting this work in. Not much of a tournament but a cool Vaca w some work to justify the expense.

Reactions: danoftw
Facundo vs Cusinga Gomez (Peru)

Facundo snap down almost rolls Gomez. Slick Duck and its 2-0 Facundo. Restart. Single leg and the finish. 4-0. Leg lace gets 2 more. 6-0 1:09 into the match. Sloppy shot from Gomez easily defended. Strange go behind off Gomez clinging to a dump arm and it’s 8-0. Restart. Pushout on action and is 9-0. TD to back and Facundo wins 13-0 in 2:30.

Did Feldman default? Looks like he won round 4 but isn't in the round 5 match

I see round 5 is for bronze matches. They dont have the final listed yet

Did Feldman default? Looks like he won round 4 but isn't in the round 5 match

I see round 5 is for bronze matches. They dont have the final listed yet
It appears round 4 was the Gold Medal match......at least according to FLO

Reactions: Str8DBLz
There is no final in a round robin in which Feldman beat everyone, so he gets the gold.
Yes I missed the earlier matches and just figured out that 125 must have been a round robin. The UWW has something against easy to follow brackets.

I’m confused here. “New school and new weight”. Back to old weight and now back to new weight. What setting is the waffle iron set on?

• Haha
Facundo vs Cusinga Gomez (Peru)

Facundo snap down almost rolls Gomez. Slick Duck and its 2-0 Facundo. Restart. Single leg and the finish. 4-0. Leg lace gets 2 more. 6-0 1:09 into the match. Sloppy shot from Gomez easily defended. Strange go behind off Gomez clinging to a dump arm and it’s 8-0. Restart. Pushout on action and is 9-0. TD to back and Facundo wins 13-0 in 2:30.
looked like Casey was in his corner

Facundo is showing signs of Cunningham-itis.

Also, he’s throwing that underhook in there like AB does.

Speaking only as a matter of fact, the level of wrestling I saw (and I only watched 4 or 5 matches) outside the U.S. wrestlers didn’t look as high as what we are accustomed to seeing domestically. In other words, don’t be too excited with the dominance.

Team USA with complete domination yesterday wining 10 out of 10 brackets.

Congrats to the USA on another Dominating Pan Am performance.
Other than the International experience, why does the USA wrestle at Pan Ams? There is rarely a USA Wrestler that loses there. Is it just for practice running the flag around? I am sure these trips are cheap

• Haha
Congrats to the USA on another Dominating Pan Am performance.
Other than the International experience, why does the USA wrestle at Pan Ams? There is rarely a USA Wrestler that loses there. Is it just for practice running the flag around? I am sure these trips are cheap
Now at least, I believe performance in your continental championship influences seed at worlds. It’s not our fault pan ams is a cakewalk compared to Euros or Asias. Pan Am games can also secure you an Olympic weight qualification in those years.

Now at least, I believe performance in your continental championship influences seed at worlds. It’s not our fault pan ams is a cakewalk compared to Euros or Asias. Pan Am games can also secure you an Olympic weight qualification in those years.
Is there still a WWE belt for the Intercontinental Champion?

• Haha
Reactions: SRATH
ADVERTISEMENT