ADVERTISEMENT

PA wrestling vs Iowa

Verolion

Mar 19, 2021
My biggest issue with Iowa wrestling fans. They always say before Cael, Penn St was nothing. They claim the best wrestling comes from Iowa. If memory serves me right PSU wrestling has always been ranked in top 10. Just not #1.

I got into an minor argument with Iowa fans at the duals. I told them the state of Pennsylvania has better wrestlers. PSU just didn't pull them in before Cael. I said 1/2 the wrestlers here (duals) are originally from PA. I finally got them to understand PA always had the wrestlers.

They then said when Cael leaves PSU will be done. I said wrong there too. I said some great wrestler from PSU will take over David Taylor, Nick Lee, Zain Retherford etc...

Ugh. Are we all tired of the constant Iowa conversation and badgering. Let’s just talk about our stuff huh. Ugh. Sorry…here we go….3 ,2, 1

Reactions: dbldoofus
My biggest issue with Iowa wrestling fans. They always say before Cael, Penn St was nothing. They claim the best wrestling comes from Iowa. If memory serves me right PSU wrestling has always been ranked in top 10. Just not #1.

I got into an minor argument with Iowa fans at the duals. I told them the state of Pennsylvania has better wrestlers. PSU just didn't pull them in before Cael. I said 1/2 the wrestlers here (duals) are originally from PA. I finally got them to understand PA always had the wrestlers.

They then said when Cael leaves PSU will be done. I said wrong there too. I said some great wrestler from PSU will take over David Taylor, Nick Lee, Zain Retherford etc...
I’ve found that their hate for Cael far exceeds their hate for PA wrestling. When they run their mouths, I’ve found that it’s best to just agree and say that Cael brought us stud recruits, individual and team championships, a top RTC and built a huge fan base for the University. Then tell them because of all that, Cael is a wrestling God.

I’ll promise you this, you will never ever ever have someone hating you more even AFTER agreeing with them. But if your unlike me and don’t thrive on their hating you, I’d probably take the approach you are taking now and just argue with them.

Ugh. Are we all tired of the constant Iowa conversation and badgering. Let’s just talk about our stuff huh. Ugh. Sorry…here we go….3 ,2, 1
You've lost hope now with the berge news.. I can see your head hanging in your typing tone.

Reactions: SJP80
I’ve found that their hate for Cael far exceeds their hate for PA wrestling. When they run their mouths, I’ve found that it’s best to just agree and say that Cael brought us stud recruits, individual and team championships, a top RTC and built a huge fan base for the University. Then tell them because of all that, Cael is a wrestling God.

I’ll promise you this, you will never ever ever have someone hating you more even AFTER agreeing with them. But if your unlike me and don’t thrive on their hating you, I’d probably take the approach you are taking now and just argue with them.
I don’t hate Cael or PA wrestling. I actually enjoy the rivalry even if it has been one sided for awhile. It’s going to be a bit of a long shot to repeat without Spencer but I will still enjoy watching the team compete and hope they can overachieve this year. The only thing I don’t get are the posts where grown men are fawning over Cael like teenage girls do boy bands or see him as a deity. Maybe it’s just me but it creeps me out.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I don’t hate Cael or PA wrestling. I actually enjoy the rivalry even if it has been one sided for awhile. It’s going to be a bit of a long shot to repeat without Spencer but I will still enjoy watching the team compete and hope they can overachieve this year. The only thing I don’t get are the posts where grown men are fawning over Cael like teenage girls do boy bands or see him as a deity. Maybe it’s just me but it creeps me out.
I suppose it is no less than weird than pretending one of your coaches isn’t a buffoon who behaves like a child and makes an ass of himself, his brother and the Iowa program on a regular basis.

Well, get to creepin'.

I thought you went into 100% GIF mode?

This is basically a Talk about Iowa board with a little PSU wrestling info sprinkled in.

Hmmm…Cael as the lead singer of the Nat Champ Boys.

I like it!

Iowa fans are as bad, if not worse, at this exact same thing about their two coaches.

Last edited:

Breathe. In. Out. In. Out. Let it go.

I hear the in thing these days is to have a therapist.

Reactions: backdrft76
In all honesty how would any college student afford to buy a house?
I was eating the 3 for a buck fake mac and cheeses when I was in school.
I'm sure this is in reference to something stupid written in the HR..

In the end nothing speaks louder than the results. First it was Okie State, then Iowa, now its PSU's time. Each took advantage of resources made available and prospered. Let's just enjoy the ride in what has become an era that is more competitive than ever.

I thought you went into 100% GIF mode?
Last time we had the GIF throwdown, @jmadden1998 left for 6 months to reload with some new Netflix and Paramount+ gifs.
giphy.gif

In all honesty how would any college student afford to buy a house?
I was eating the 3 for a buck fake mac and cheeses when I was in school.
I'm sure this is in reference to something stupid written in the HR..
"Something stupid written" and "in the HR" somethings just go together.

Reactions: danoftw
If you’re still so concerned about my posts, tell your admins to let me back on HR.
I'm not that concerned. I'm just curious as to why you and Cy Twins did Alex and Moriah dirty like that.

What did you get banned for on HR?

I'm not that concerned. I'm just curious as to why you and Cy Twins did Alex and Moriah dirty like that.

What did you get banned for on HR?
Didn’t do anything dirty in my opinion, but don’t really want to discuss that here. You must watch CF, so I’d be happy to discuss there.

Wasn’t given a real good reason, and didn’t do anything vulgar or offensive. I was messing with Gobblin a bit, so pretty sure he went crying to the admins. But I also was critical of Sir Nichols, and you know money talks.

Last edited:
Reactions: slushhead
ADVERTISEMENT