ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Horwath knocked off Davis again 1-0 and Barr lost to Rojas. It will be great to watch those two develop once they hit happy valley and crush those kids who beat them. Unless Horwath becomes a Nittany Lion!
Where were these results? Can you post a link because I would love to see all the results.

Where were these results? Can you post a link because I would love to see all the results.
I actually found the match between Barr and Rojas on YouTube. Really good match between 2 very evenly matched kids. Rojas hit a nice double very early in the first and that was the only td. Barr was actually in super deep late in the third and the ref called them out of bounds. I thought it was a bad call and looked like Barr was going to score. If they stay at the same weight it would be awesome to see a rematch for the state title

I don't remember where the scores were but probably can find them all on Track.

Another interesting result: Jesuroga lost to Nicolar Rivera, Wisconsin HS senior who I think is still uncommitted, was once among the best 2022 prospects but has slipped in the past year or so. Still pretty good but this is surprising.

I think I read somewhere, Rivera is committed to Wisconsin. He is a beast and alittle under the radar

As of 12/19 Rivera was uncommitted:
"He might take his wrestling pursuits to the collegiate level, but celebrating his 18th birthday one week ago with a dual match win in the Wisconsin Dells was a big deal."

Also he's hardly under the radar. Every D1 coach has known about him for years. Rivera won Fargo cadets in the offseason before his freshman year.

Reactions: crockster
I said a-little.

You need to relax. I watch you constantly put people down and always being a jerk. I hope your life gets better.
He isn’t a household name like Jeseroga. Is what I meant.
Before you go on another embarrassing rant ala "He isn’t a household name like Jeseroga". Rivera ...who has a lifetime record of 145+ wins and 2 losses just beat Jeseroga 10-6 on 1/8 at the Cheesehead. That would be before your critical post of El-Jefe. Flowers is probably too much.....but a gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings or such might suffice :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rmg78

Was there last night, anytime you can beat SC its obviously a good night but Southern just isnt the team this year that they have been. Football success is coming back to haunt their wrestling program.

Kolb for Benton (State 7th) took out Barvitzkie (State 5th) who beat him 3 times last year. His younger brother is the 106 and that kid is going to be a hammer. He weights in at like 95 lbs eating a hoagie right befor weighins and just horses kids around.

Fun night, Montgomery for Benton on Thursday, win there and they are in the D4 drivers seat.

Was there last night, anytime you can beat SC its obviously a good night but Southern just isnt the team this year that they have been. Football success is coming back to haunt their wrestling program.

Kolb for Benton (State 7th) took out Barvitzkie (State 5th) who beat him 3 times last year. His younger brother is the 106 and that kid is going to be a hammer. He weights in at like 95 lbs eating a hoagie right befor weighins and just horses kids around.

Fun night, Montgomery for Benton on Thursday, win there and they are in the D4 drivers seat.
Yeah I was following along mitch's feed, as I was friends long ago with Barvit and have been following his sons development. Shocked me based on their history. Awesome for Benton really. That area just bleeds grit in its folks.

Reactions: danoftw
I have a recruiting question primarily related to high end recruits. Is it normally Cael who visits the recruits or Casey or Cody? Or is it some combination of the three of them? I can't imagine how exciting it would be for the wrestlers and their families to have these coaches come visit them.
Cael recruited a local kid a few years ago and the recruit and parents stayed overnight at Cael's house. The recruit decided to go elsewhere. Looking back it was a bad choice.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Cael recruited a local kid a few years ago and the recruit and parents stayed overnight at Cael's house. The recruit decided to go elsewhere. Looking back it was a bad choice.
Especially since, if it's the same one I'm thinking of, he's no longer around.

(Though in fairness, there's no way to say he'd still be around with a different college choice.)

Reactions: Callthestall
Spencer will have some local recruits coming up it seems once he's HC

Spencer will have some local recruits coming up it seems once he's HC

Over half the young kids who wrestle at Tulsa won't ever wrestle in HS. I vowed to never take my kid back. It looks like a training video for what constitutes child abuse. We went twice, getting 2nd and 1st. The kid we beat in the finals got drug to the corner and screamed at for 20 minutes. His dad literally asked him if he was a fa*ot. Way to young to push most kids that hard. just not the environment I want my kids in.

In District 11 news , Nazareth just spanked previously unbeaten Northampton 48 -16.
Nazareth is good. It's going to take a real deep team to beat them in a dual. They'll also be tough in year end tournaments, they have 4-5 real good wrestlers that will be near top of podium.
They have a kid by the name of Sasso at 189 really improving. I think he has a brother at Ohio State.😉🤭😒

In District 11 news , Nazareth just spanked previously unbeaten Northampton 48 -16.
Nazareth is good. It's going to take a real deep team to beat them in a dual. They'll also be tough in year end tournaments, they have 4-5 real good wrestlers that will be near top of podium.
They have a kid by the name of Sasso at 189 really improving. I think he has a brother at Ohio State.😉🤭😒
Im not biting…

Reactions: Antaeus
Are all the Nazareth wrestlers from there or who moved in?

Reactions: nitlion6
Im not biting…

image.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: danoftw and GantryZ
As long as kids the caliber of Ayala, Jesuroga, Kueter, and Riggins keep coming out of Sebolt every few years; I'm good with that!
Bookmark this post and let’s revisit this in 5-10 years. I’ll take my chances on a place smack dab in the middle of the figurative Kuwait oil fields of folkstyle wrestling talent

Sebolt has some hammers. They train hard and are always in great shape. My main fear would be how the bodies of Sebolt's guys hold up through a college career since they train so hard so young.
His website basically makes it sound like it's not for the faint of heart:

"This is an opportunity for those wrestlers who are the 1%ers.. Meaning, we will challenge you on a level you’ve never been challenged before - mentally, physically, and emotionally.

We will hold you to a higher standard while providing you technical expertise."

But alas, he's getting results at the national duals and his kids are getting their educations paid for. Seems like his kids have a tight bond.

As long as kids the caliber of Ayala, Jesuroga, Kueter, and Riggins keep coming out of Sebolt every few years; I'm good with that!
Not knowing Iowa geography ... how far do these kids commute to Sebolt?

His website basically makes it sound like it's not for the faint of heart:

"This is an opportunity for those wrestlers who are the 1%ers.. Meaning, we will challenge you on a level you’ve never been challenged before - mentally, physically, and emotionally.

We will hold you to a higher standard while providing you technical expertise."

But alas, he's getting results at the national duals and his kids are getting their educations paid for. Seems like his kids have a tight bond.
Remember the JRob camp ads

Reactions: LDandy and El-Jefe
Bookmark this post and let’s revisit this in 5-10 years. I’ll take my chances on a place smack dab in the middle of the figurative Kuwait oil fields of folkstyle wrestling talent

No argument here about the level of youth/HS talent in PA. I'm sure M2 is going to have quite the list of D1 studs in the near future, with a heavy PSU influence. I wasn't trying to argue if one was going to be better than the other. Simply that if Sebolt is able to even semi-consistently have this level of talent in the room (and they continue to head to Iowa), then the Hawks are in good shape.

ADVERTISEMENT