ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

If Arnold comes here, how much you want to bet Iowa fans bring up the 6th place finish at Powerade?

May want to look 3 posts above yours...
giphy.gif

Big question is if Mullen is ready to commit to wrestling yet. He can try to get some offers with strong camp performances next summer and if it doesn’t happen, he can wrestle. Don’t think his offers are expiring anywhere for wrestling.

Arnold’s tweet had a lot of Iowa wrestler likes on it FWIW, psuyankee23 posted a big smile on 247

Willie hinted Josh Barr to Ohio State
That’s interesting. I know Josh Barr really likes PSU but he might not see a way on to the lineup.
I don’t get why everyone is down on Arnold. Kid is a beast. Yes, I know he just took 6th but he also won Ironman. Kid will be a stud in college. Now if I had to pick between Shapiro and Arnold I’m taking Shapiro all day especially because he seems to fit weight wise a bit better.
The one kid no one has mentioned yet is McGowan. I know Davis just signed but that shouldn’t shut the door on McGowan. I would be super stoked if he signed here!

That’s interesting. I know Josh Barr really likes PSU but he might not see a way on to the lineup.
I don’t get why everyone is down on Arnold. Kid is a beast. Yes, I know he just took 6th but he also won Ironman. Kid will be a stud in college. Now if I had to pick between Shapiro and Arnold I’m taking Shapiro all day especially because he seems to fit weight wise a bit better.
The one kid no one has mentioned yet is McGowan. I know Davis just signed but that shouldn’t shut the door on McGowan. I would be super stoked if he signed here!
Agree with all you just said and if Cael wanted Arnold before Powerade (and I imagine he did), he'll want him after Powerade. Cael never recruits on straight high school results. He always watches stylistically how kids get their wins or takes their Ls.

Just to clarify, Davis is a junior in high school and hasn't "signed" anything related to a college commitment. And won't be able to sign a letter of intent for another 10 months or so. Same goes for McGowan or any other kid in the 2023 recruiting class.

Gabe Arnold to Iowa:

Reactions: WildTurk
ADVERTISEMENT