ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Wick, Bull, Wentzel, Valencia and Hartmann all graduate and i think Griffith moves to 174.

Facundo as a back half AA isnt crazy. Squarely in the 5 to 12 range.
you’re right. i threw that one in at the end with 165’s depth this year in mind, though i’ve still been a little underwhelmed with his development the past few years. really hope we get a good look at him at the scuffle.

howard is the one i think is the rosiest. between the injuries and what we saw last year, i have a hard time seeing it at this point.

just nitpicking though. your crystal ball rankings are great content.

Reactions: backdrft76
howard is the one i think is the rosiest. between the injuries and what we saw last year, i have a hard time seeing it at this point.
I thought the opposite. True freshman, off injury, in a shortened season where they couldn’t even practice for half of it, wrestled his 10th collegiate match at NCAAs and wins two matches there while reinjuring his shoulder. I’m very high in him (with the thought that a year off heals the troublesome shoulder).

I think the portal is going to prove more dumb luck to land an AA you really need, than an off season shopping spree for the top teams. On balance most elite kids will stay where they are. More NQ type talent will jump because they are behind a stud. Covid has thrown a monkey wrench into the works a bit (Dean, Surriano/Spencer). I suspect Hildebrandt made up his mind and then put in for the portal as just a formality.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Willie had us decently ahead in the 2023 projections with nothing at 133 and 157 but is assuming the following projections:

RoHo - 5th at 125
Bartlett - 2nd at 141
SVN - 6th at 149
Facundo - 5th at 165
CStar - 1st at 174
Brooks - 1st at 184
Dean - 6th at 197
Kerk - 4th at 285

Add RBY and we're up to 140 over Oklahoma State at 90 right now.
So then 8 scoring wrestlers? I’m old enough to remember that blue print for success. 2 champs seems low we usually have 4 or 5 😁. Kirk/Daniel, SVN I’m looking at you

The Catholics are taking over. They should have their own championships.

That faith Academy looked tough at beast. Heard they will be dominating AA soon.
Mcort had three wrestlers at Powerade. The are a flash in the pan.
Just a hunch.......I'm guessing their theme song is "You Gotta Have Faith" by George Michael. .....Wait....No Way? Why Not? Tee Hee

Erie prep has always been a powerhouse
giphy.gif

I'm with Clay on the 2023 class. This year there was not a lot of need/room at the inn. 2023 could be a MONSTAH class with Shapiro, Mullen, Arnold and maybe more.

WE ARE!!!

Pardon in advance for the nitanny lion puns .

I think the cat may be out of the bag so to speak re: our guy. In general, I am not a fan of these 'later this week' teasers.

You've gotta love that Cael seems to be on an aggressive hunt in this junior class.

Pretty soon we'll have a pretty good look at who, for the next half decade, will be beating Tan Tom's greatest recruiting class ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunkej01
Gabe Arnold is definitely one of the commits. Where to is the question. If us, I wonder who Iowa got and vice versa if it's them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT