ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Lol I’d say. I’d guess 141. Would be a nice prospect to work in there once Beau graduates.
According to RBY......this will most likely be his last year. Who plugs in there next year? Howard? Then who plugs in at 125? Davis and McGowan are Jrs. in high school. They are two years from doing any plugging. Is there a transfer on his way or are Howard and Steen going to be the chosen ones?

Barring someone else stepping up or RBY having a change of heart, I’d imagine those will be filled by some combination of Steen, Howard, Shunk, and Meredith.

At the moment, Steen seems likely to build into 125 over the next year. Shunk seems to be holding his own well enough at 125 so, imo, I don’t think he’d move up a weight. Howard is a little bit of a question mark though. When he’s healthy, he’s a world class hammer. But, a year off to address some nagging injuries could see him build into 133. Meredith seems like the next most likely option for 133. He’d be a little closer to his natural weight so the cut wouldn’t be as hard for him and he would be a fine stopgap until the addition of a potential plug and play freshman in 2023

According to RBY......this will most likely be his last year. Who plugs in there next year? Howard? Then who plugs in at 125? Davis and McGowan are Jrs. in high school. They are two years from doing any plugging. Is there a transfer on his way or are Howard and Steen going to be the chosen ones?
They think Howard is a career 125. Davis could end up being the 133

I’d be pretty surprised if PSU doesn’t look to the portal at 133 next year.
Im still not counting out a return of RBY but if he doesn’t I wouldn’t blame him at all. With or without him I think PSU will be the favorite. A 133 looking to experience a little of what they got going on there could hit the lottery next year. Lol

Sure, but that does assume a worthy 133 enters the portal, which nobody knows yet.
Which now makes me want to do put together an all-portal team for this year.

125: Suriano
133:
149: Parco
157:
165: Wick
174:
197: dean
285:

So who fills in the blanks. Imagine the resulting team is pretty damn good.

Willie had us decently ahead in the 2023 projections with nothing at 133 and 157 but is assuming the following projections:

RoHo - 5th at 125
Bartlett - 2nd at 141
SVN - 6th at 149
Facundo - 5th at 165
CStar - 1st at 174
Brooks - 1st at 184
Dean - 6th at 197
Kerk - 4th at 285

Add RBY and we're up to 140 over Oklahoma State at 90 right now.

Willie had us decently ahead in the 2023 projections with nothing at 133 and 157 but is assuming the following projections:

RoHo - 5th at 125
Bartlett - 2nd at 141
SVN - 6th at 149
Facundo - 5th at 165
CStar - 1st at 174
Brooks - 1st at 184
Dean - 6th at 197
Kerk - 4th at 285

Add RBY and we're up to 140 over Oklahoma State at 90 right now.

And that's with rather conservative projections at 197 and 285.

And that's with rather conservative projections at 197 and 285.
with quite rosy projections at 125, 141, and 165 to balance that out. a lot of talent, but limited results. i think dean has been very good though. excited to see him run into a top 197 soon.

Too bad that won't happen until nationals.

(Too easy to resist.)
i think warner is an interesting match up. definitely one of the bigger 197’s and moves well. i’ll be curious to see how aggressive dean is. probably a pretty boring match honestly.

Reactions: Kuch96
with quite rosy projections at 125, 141, and 165 to balance that out. a lot of talent, but limited results. i think dean has been very good though. excited to see him run into a top 197 soon.
A major blue chip recruit with major HS folk and free success at a weight where Cael and Casey has won 4 championships and 3 more finals appearances placing 5th is rosy?

Reactions: mcpat
i think warner is an interesting match up. definitely one of the bigger 197’s and moves well. i’ll be curious to see how aggressive dean is. probably a pretty boring match honestly.
I’ll be curious if Warner chooses bottom, Dean has been folding guys in half regularly,and dont consider Warner strong off bottom.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT