ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Didn't Kyle Snyder not come to Penn State because he was sure he was a career 197?
On a podcast, Snyder stated that Cael recruited him as a heavyweight. Snyder believed himself to be a 197...had Snyder bought in, good chance he would have come to PSU.

Reactions: nitlion6
On a podcast, Snyder stated that Cael recruited him as a heavyweight. Snyder believed himself to be a 197...had Snyder bought in, good chance he would have come to PSU.
Strange, I wonder what weight class Snyder won his 3 titles at? :p

Exactly. I deal with a lot of rich, blowhard Texans who … will change deal terms on a dime.
Texans in their big hats are the worst! :)

cCVqHor.jpg

Gonna partially disagree on Snyder. He would've won his JR year pretty much anywhere. But there were a very few schools where he would've beaten Gwiz and Coon.

Not intended as a knock on Snyder, just recognizing that those are 2 world medalists. One lost to Snyder in OT, the other beat Snyder in the dual.

Ryan deserves some credit for that.
Defending Thomas Aruba Ryan has to hurt just a little bit. Woody approves.

All iowa or all midwest won't work out well.

M* not paying attention to the new binder
Best stretch Brands has had since his threepeat came with PA kids that wouldn't have started at PSU all 4 years

Let's go away from recruiting PA kids!

Reactions: nitlion6
Best stretch Brands has had since his threepeat came with PA kids that wouldn't have started at PSU all 4 years

Let's go away from recruiting PA kids!
Well, they did just get Henson in 2021 ...

The flip side of this is: which PA kids did Iowa have much of a chance with anyway?

2022: they tried with Bouzakis and Gibson. Franklin just visited there. Otherwise, few if any that I'm aware of even had Iowa as a finalist. Some guys wanted to stay near home (Crookham, PItzer, Stout, etc.). Some guys felt they would develop and/or fit better elsewhere (Feldman, Arrington, Solomon, etc.). Hard to argue they should've pressed for Van Dee considering they have Ayala, Schriever, Ybarra all with 4 yrs remaining, and just added Jesuroga.

Speaking of better fits elsewhere: Iowa a serious contender for Haines? Hahahahaha.

2023: they're a finalist for Welsh. MacKay is gone (Pitt). I'm too lazy to go thru the rest.

Tan Tommy strikes again. I heard Kilkeary is next to tOSU
Overload of Pennsylvania.
That would be interesting since the linked article said Welsh plans to recruit Kilkeary -- translated, Kilkeary is still a free agent.

Interesting that Kilkeary lost to Kamdyn Williams in March who also just committed to Ohio State. Kamdyn looked nearly a foot taller than Kilkeary in that match. It's on Flo for those interested.

Interesting that Kilkeary lost to Kamdyn Williams in March who also just committed to Ohio State. Kamdyn looked nearly a foot taller than Kilkeary in that match. It's on Flo for those interested.
all these kids go out of state,their loss not PSU!!

Eight grade age is typically 13 or 14 years old. Hmmm, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. I think PSU will be fine.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Up to five more years of Robbie Howard and Gary Steen?
A lot can happen in that time frame.
I was curious who the better lightweights than Kilkeary were in PA that might be PSU recruiting targets. Steen isn't a bad back up option for Howard but we haven't seen him wrestle yet. And this is assuming Robbie can maintain 125 and is healthy.

Kilkeary wouldn’t be a loss, better light weights in the state.
Name them. And remember that Kilkeary won Super 32 last year. Trying to think of PA lightweights at that level ... (and we all know Gibson won't be a college lightweight).

If your answer is Williams, he's already committed to Ohio State.

If your answer is an 8th grader ... yeah, we should just wait 5 years and hope we get him and hope he remains a lightweight.

In which case, damn shame we landed Cenzo. He got headlocked twice in the first period of one match.
All the more irony when Cenzo took the job at Stanford. Do you think he & Subjeck run it back for the rubber match on homecoming?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I believe there are 11 kids ranked in top 50 sophomore class between 106-120. Yes great kids in jr high plus a bunch of freshman. I realize you delusional fans want a zain, nolf, cenzo, bo ect.. at every weight but your living a fantasy. We have very promising kids at 125 for the next, probably 3-4 yrs. the PSU line up has 1 senior, with most weights manned by underclassman with 3-4 yrs left. Get a life for christ sakes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT