ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

giphy.gif

Assuming Suriano does join in January I have a stupid question: What can/can't Suriano do as far as practicing until he's a full-time student at Penn State.

Assuming Suriano does join in January I have a stupid question: What can/can't Suriano do as far as practicing until he's a full-time student at Penn State.
If he is in State College, he can stop by NLWC anytime he wants.

We'll probably find out he's coming to Penn State officially when Bo Bassett and Sam Herring take a picture with him there

This is funny. Still can’t believe they get to train with NLWC and in Hs. What an opportunity and advantage imo

Crap that is big words. I heard the kid is good but dang could you imagine. Someone said FLO had a video of him beating up the college kids from a college near his house. Not sure if that is true

Willie and Fellers stated on "Hager Happy Hour" yesterday that they both believe we'll see Suriano at Penn State January of 2022.

Fellers being an Iowa homer tried to bring up a few negative parts of it (tbh it's what's regurgitated here a lot)

1. He said "this goes against everything Cael stands for" (because he knows all about that!) as a program to cater to a mercenary for team points but "Cael just wants to win that bad". Hager and Willie both countered that with "That's literally his job"

2. He also said "Suriano TRASHED Penn State on the way out" Willie said that's not an issue at all. That might be more for the camera and drama. He said Cael and Nick really couldn't get along better. Nick actually loved the team a lot and loved Cael as his coach. Him and Cael were actually on good terms as he was already on the way out. Obviously mentioned Bob being where the issues in 2017 came from.

3. Will he butt heads with Gilman? Willie said Cael will take care of that and that he doesn't think Nick will be around for longer than 3 months. Mentioned he wouldn't be shocked if he packed up and moved out right after NCAAs next year.

Willie and Fellers stated on "Hager Happy Hour" yesterday that they both believe we'll see Suriano at Penn State January of 2022.

Fellers being an Iowa homer tried to bring up a few negative parts of it (tbh it's what's regurgitated here a lot)

1. He said "this goes against everything Cael stands for" (because he knows all about that!) as a program to cater to a mercenary for team points but "Cael just wants to win that bad". Hager and Willie both countered that with "That's literally his job"

2. He also said "Suriano TRASHED Penn State on the way out" Willie said that's not an issue at all. That might be more for the camera and drama. He said Cael and Nick really couldn't get along better. Nick actually loved the team a lot and loved Cael as his coach. Him and Cael were actually on good terms as he was already on the way out. Obviously mentioned Bob being where the issues in 2017 came from.

3. Will he butt heads with Gilman? Willie said Cael will take care of that and that he doesn't think Nick will be around for longer than 3 months. Mentioned he wouldn't be shocked if he packed up and moved out right after NCAAs next year.
If he finishes second at NCAAs and helps PSU win the title he can leave the morning after NCAAs for all I care! Just win, Baby!!!

If he finishes second at NCAAs and helps PSU win the title he can leave the morning after NCAAs for all I care! Just win, Baby!!!
I'm actually shocked Fellers said "This goes against what Cael stands for" ... I think that was an unintended compliment lmao. I fully expected him to say "This is Cael in a nutshell, he'll sell his soul for ringers to win a team title" ...

Love the development potential for Steen and Robbie with Suriano, Gilman, and RBY to tangle with on a daily basis.

This should prove especially interesting given Steen is now 'huge'! I am picturing a Nato body with Steen's head on top. ;-/

Maybe that pic of cassiopi on the other thread is a really durians body with Cass s head photo shopped on it lol

Nate Jesuroga committed to iowa per willie Twitter
F.... We've sure missed on a lot of potential 125 blue chippers in recent years. Only hope now is McGowan. Unless Howard can come back at 125 and stay healthy or Steen can surprise us.

Not shocked, was going to be a hard pull from Iowa. Kid obviously saw it was a great fit since he committed so early, good for him.

Do people really think Cael wants to win more than other coaches in the NCAA? The Brands? Tom Ryan? Rob Koll? Every single coach wants to win "that bad." Since when is wanting to win as a coach a negative? Because that's what that accusation is, that wanting to win is a negative. Nick Suriano is a kid who has never been in any trouble at any school he has ever been to. The idea that him coming back to PSU somehow makes or prove that Cael Sanderson is some evil vile person is just ridiculous. It's simple jealousy. That's all it is. People are tired of seeing Penn State own the college wrestling world and are afraid that the next decade is going to look just like the last one.

F.... We've sure missed on a lot of potential 125 blue chippers in recent years. Only hope now is McGowan. Unless Howard can come back at 125 and stay healthy or Steen can surprise us.
hell who cares as long as we get one real good one every 4 yrs were good!!

ADVERTISEMENT