ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

McCorkel was a monster. He ravaged his way thru the state tourney with a 12-2 blowout and a couple of pins.
'73 was the year the PIAA advanced 2nd place winners to the next tournament for the first time. I was outraged. How could they water down the tournament like that? 'One and done' put hair on a man's chest!- that was my opinion. Then I saw Eric Carr lose at Regions (to a Vollrath!), then win states and my opinion changed.

As for District 3's best year? '73 probably had the highest % of medals, but not numbers. When those Central Dauphin teams started winning, they dragged the rest of District 3 along with them. In 2011, D3 had 6 state champs and 28 medalists.
Former Penn State All American Jerry White beat Central Dauphins Ed Neiswonger in the 73 finals 13-2...in the semis was where White won the title though when he won 2-1 against Solancos Keith Kreider in a very close match.

Just noticed Nick Kunstek is back at Pottsville after spending his Fr/So at Blair. Terrell McFarland is on the roster as well. That’s a helluva 1-2 punch for them. I figured Terrell would get snatched up by a Prep program like Sem or Blair

Just noticed Nick Kunstek is back at Pottsville after spending his Fr/So at Blair. Terrell McFarland is on the roster as well. That’s a helluva 1-2 punch for them. I figured Terrell would get snatched up by a Prep program like Sem or Blair
If he's at the same weight as some combo of Ty Watters, Dylan Evans, Dagen Condomitti, Luke Sipes ... that would be an interesting weight at AAA states.

(And he'd be in the same regional as Condo.)

How can he transfer in and not have to sit out a year. I thought there was a PIAA rule after your freshmen year, you must sit out.

How can he transfer in and not have to sit out a year. I thought there was a PIAA rule after your freshmen year, you must sit out.
He is leaving a non-PIAA private school to return to a public school that he has always lived in the district of. There is nothing that PIAA will do in situations like that because the change could be non-sports related and it adds more talent back into the public schools.

Reactions: Ski
True, but not in this case UNLESS the family MOVED OUT of the district, then back in. Get over it.
My point is rules need to be either followed or not. District 11 brags how good their teams are and that is because they all flock to a few teams. Their district chair and Lombardi have so much to do with their winning teams. Letting a nationally ranked, 10th wrestler join NDGP two months into school and nothing done is crazy.

Then after team states they get to individuals and D7 cleans up.

It sounds like a District 11 high school senior is moving to State College.🤔
Kasak to NLWC. Why the heck would he want to wrestle a watered down PIAA. The kid is ready to make a splash at PsU and a world silver medalist. When you place in the worlds, PIAA is a joke

Harer can scrap. Tough on top and good scrambler. I think he will be a good college wrestler. His little brother could even be better. Cmon D4

ADVERTISEMENT