ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Just a hunch, no real evidence.

Kasak too PSU, Mullins will wait until next football season & Shapiro to Iowa or Nebraska

I’ve felt good on Shapiro throughout, but my one concern is if Haines ends up being a career 57 and Facundo is a career 65. That being said, I could certainly see them both going up and Barr being a 74/84 over time.

I imagine Ohio State will be in play for Shapiro right? Long term, Kharchla and Paddy go up and Sasso is just a career 149. Tom Ryan has been knocking it out of the park recruiting so he'll be a factor anywhere.

I’ve felt good on Shapiro throughout, but my one concern is if Haines ends up being a career 57 and Facundo is a career 65. That being said, I could certainly see them both going up and Barr being a 74/84 over time.
I forgot about barr. Holy shit we got some.youmg guns coming in. Will we have any seniors next year

giphy.gif

Facundo seems like he has all kinds of room to grow and I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t.

I imagine Ohio State will be in play for Shapiro right? Long term, Kharchla and Paddy go up and Sasso is just a career 149. Tom Ryan has been knocking it out of the park recruiting so he'll be a factor anywhere.
Doesn’t seem like a culture or style fit but maybe

I agree. He has a frame to get big.
I was surprised to see him at 65 this year, but I’ve heard talk the stall thinks he stays there. Personally I think he’ll have a couple years there in the lineup then slide up to 74 when Starocci graduates.

So something like
22-23
57: Haines
65: Facundo
74: Starocci

23-24
57: Haines (Shapiro RS)
74: Starocci (Barr RS)

24-25
57: Shapiro
65: Haines
74: Facundo
84: Barr

I also don’t think Brooks or Starocci take the extra year. We’ve seen that 5 years of college wrestling is a lot and Nick Lee tends to be the exception to prove the rule, though he never had a RS year.

Doesn’t seem like a culture or style fit but maybe
I know we've been working on this one for a long long time. I know a kid like Shapiro isn't likely to worry about who's where and hopefully is more focused on getting the best coaching but it does make sense when he can walk into Iowa or Nebraska's 157 spot for sure. I can't see Shapiro being the one blocked out if he reaches his potential.

Willie said on his show Josh Barr did have a little bit of logjam concern but then his ultimate thought is he wants to train with Haines, Facundo (plus all the studs at NLWC)

I was surprised to see him at 65 this year, but I’ve heard talk the stall thinks he stays there. Personally I think he’ll have a couple years there in the lineup then slide up to 74 when Starocci graduates.

So something like
22-23

23-24

24-25

I also don’t think Brooks or Starocci take the extra year. We’ve seen that 5 years of college wrestling is a lot and Nick Lee tends to be the exception to prove the rule, though he never had a RS year.
What if Starocci is 4/4 though and could go 5/5!?

All kidding aside, I actually do agree with you. International wrestling lifestyle if you have the right funding is a way better life. Just focus on the big events and you can eat most of the year lol.

Then who knows. A lot can happen between now and then. I think with Brooks especially, his international goals may come into play by the time he’d have an extra year.
I feel it was a perfect storm of 2020 being cancelled then 2021 having no fans that encouraged most of the Iowa team to return. There obviously was pressure (even if not direct) to not be a guy who didn't return. I know Willie said Kemerer almost didn't take the 6th year even, which is insane that it was a thought for him to walk away knowing his points dropping could cost the team a title period (before they win even one) The life is not an easy grind.

I feel it was a perfect storm of 2020 being cancelled then 2021 having no fans that encouraged most of the Iowa team to return. There obviously was pressure (even if not direct) to not be a guy who didn't return. I know Willie said Kemerer almost didn't take the 6th year even, which is insane that it was a thought for him to walk away knowing his points dropping could cost the team a title period (before they win even one) The life is not an easy grind.
Rubbish..all Rubbish I tell you.. lol

Changing of the guard in D4 Duals: Benton vs Montgomery in the finals. State powers Southern Columbia and Montoursville faced off in the consi quarters (with Montoursville eliminated).

Some good wrestling this afternoon. Southern is just too shorthanded (Lost 3 top wrestlers) to compete with full rosters. Warrior Run wrestled Benton tough, if I had to bet, they will probably take third on the back side. Headed back in a bit to see if Denny fights with the crowd in the finals.

Reactions: Chris Watts

So something like
22-23

23-24

24-25

You don’t think Brooks goes for 4 titles if he has the chance? I get Starocci not going a 5th postseason but Brooks won’t get 4 unless he uses all his eligibility

You don’t think Brooks goes for 4 titles if he has the chance? I get Starocci not going a 5th postseason but Brooks won’t get 4 unless he uses all his eligibility
I wouldn’t rule it out. I don’t have any inside info here, I just think you’ll see fewer kids doing it going forward.

Reactions: jbkeller72
I wouldn’t rule it out. I don’t have any inside info here, I just think you’ll see fewer kids doing it going forward.
My guess would be if you are pursuing a masters degree or not depending on field of study would determine large desire to stick around as well. Why not leave with a Master’s? Staying in school never a bad idea if you can afford it

Big doings in D10 Duals: Reynolds, Saegertown, and Erie Prep all failed to qualify for states.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT