ADVERTISEMENT

PA States brackets and worthless predictions

Interesting.

On the other hand, experience didn't stop McCormick from leaving Mike Evans unimpressed by his match with Chris Perry. At least I think that was McCormick.

I know some refs from district 3, many of whom believe that the current system makes it hard for younger refs to "get ranked" so they can work their way up the ranks. I'll have to query them about this.

I’m a WPIAL guy who doesn’t follow much out east. Does Bethlehem Catholic just take from Nazareth, Easton, and Northampton?

Some wild AAA finals matches so far:
106 - Kilkeary F Van Dee 6:31 SV
113 - Berginc dec Lewis 3-2 (both finished 3rd at regionals)
120 - Betancourt dec Chappell 4-2
126 - Phipps dec Welsh 7-6 (was winning 5-0)

The 106 and 113 brackets got completely busted.

Reactions: danoftw
Can someone critique the Robinson match? 11-8 sounds like a lot of action.

Can someone critique the Robinson match? 11-8 sounds like a lot of action.
It was.

1st: T2 Robinson 1:15. R2 Scott 1:03. E1 Robinson 0:57. T2 Scott 0:04. 4-3 Scott after 1.

2nd: Scott chose down. R2 Scott 1:48. E1 Robinson 1:36. T2 Scott 0:31. E1 Robinson 0:19. 8-5 Scott after 2.

3rd: Robinson chose down. R2 Robinson 1:55. E1 Scott 1:52. T2 Scott 0:42. E1 Robinson 0:17. 11-8 Scott final.

It was.

1st: T2 Robinson 1:15. R2 Scott 1:03. E1 Robinson 0:57. T2 Scott 0:04. 4-3 Scott after 1.

2nd: Scott chose down. R2 Scott 1:48. E1 Robinson 1:36. T2 Scott 0:31. E1 Robinson 0:19. 8-5 Scott after 2.

3rd: Robinson chose down. R2 Robinson 1:55. E1 Scott 1:52. T2 Scott 0:42. E1 Robinson 0:17. 11-8 Scott final.
Congrats, Cam Robinson, so close...

CRN got a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. Not bad at all.

Reactions: kevin310
Actually Rock North got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th.
Yeah, 5th as a team.

1. 110.5 Bethlehem Catholic (BECA) 2 - 1 - 3 - - -
2. 88.5 Nazareth (NAZ) - - 3 - 2 - - -
3. 88.0 Waynesburg Central (WYC) 1 1 1 - 1 1 - -
4. 79.0 Erie Cathedral Prep (ECP) 1 1 1 - - 1 - -
5. 64.0 Council Rock North (CRN) - 1 1 1 - - 1 -
6. 58.0 Hempfield Area (HMPA) 1 1 - - 1 - - -
7. 52.5 Mount Lebanon (ML) 1 1 - - - - - -
8. 51.0 Stroudsburg (SDB) 1 1 - - - - - -
9. 49.0 Seneca Valley (SEV) - 1 - 1 - - - 1
10. 48.0 Central Dauphin (CD) - - - 1 1 - 1 1

Reactions: danoftw
I said at start of season that I thought District 11 was pretty deep this year.
Trust me, I understand about the unfair advantage that the private schools get in recruiting to their needs and outside their base. In AAA, 2 of the top 4 schools are private.
As I thought in AA, Notre Dame top talent would be enough to overcome the lack of depth in their lineup this year. Keep in mind they did not win District Team Duals, District or Regionals. If the enrollment guidelines stay the same, Notre Dame is going to become a juggernaut at AA with the thought they will declare to go up to AAA in a few years.

Reactions: royboy
Special recognition to Rafael Portilla of Carlisle at 120 AAA

Lost his first match (to Kyle Hauserman of CR North) and came all the way through the consolations with 6 wins to take 3rd, with his final victory coming over the same opponent, Hauserman

Gotta admire the resilience and determination of Portilla

Aiden Lewis got shafted in the late third period of the 113 finals. He had a clear 2 (he was straddling Berginc's back and had his legs spread out) and nothing was called.

While I am a DOPE on too many occasions to count! This story is 100% not true. Jagger attended NLWC RTC practice in fall of 2018, was partnered with RBY, exchanged many text messages with Coach Cunningham regarding RTC specific schedule details & nothing further. I probably still have the messages on my phone. Ryan Crookham & Jagger were planning to make the trip from the valley at the same time but something came up and Ryan couldn’t make it that day.
Interesting. I may be a sucker for believing Dingers (who started the rumor)

There is no doubt I was critical of JoePa portion of that scandal. We don’t need to rehash that nonsense but I would never limit my son’s opportunities.

No opportunity arose here but honestly he is very happy with his choice. I just wanted to clear the air
Well, I’m probably right there with you with all of that. Appreciate the response.

Best of luck to him in the future

Was actually with Catka today. What a nice and humble kid. He’s wrestling Braxton Amos next week at Dapper Dan. Said he has to be at 225 for the meet. Needs to lose a few pounds
I was born in Catka’s neck o the woods - would have gone to Sun Valley if we hadn’t have moved when I was a baby. Surprised that school produced a top guy as it’s hardly known for wrestling

I was born in Catka’s neck o the woods - would have gone to Sun Valley if we hadn’t have moved when I was a baby. Surprised that school produced a top guy as it’s hardly known for wrestling
They had some good teams (relatively speaking) in the mid 80s with Chuck Grassano as coach.

You should see where Amos is from. There's an old dirt track there that they ruined and that's it. Damn you'd eat so much dust there my contacts couldn't take it. I came with glasses but when I saw people in helmets and goggles I knew I'd f'd up lol.

Amos giving up a ton of size but I'm still rolling with him and I'm assuming fairly easy. Even tho he's going to whisky damn.

Was actually with Catka today. What a nice and humble kid. He’s wrestling Braxton Amos next week at Dapper Dan. Said he has to be at 225 for the meet. Needs to lose a few pounds
That will be a very intriguing match -- one of the few upperweight guys nationally who can hold his own with Amos.

Ryan looked good at states. He'll very much be in the much in the mix next year.

You should see where Amos is from. There's an old dirt track there that they ruined and that's it. Damn you'd eat so much dust there my contacts couldn't take it. I came with glasses but when I saw people in helmets and goggles I knew I'd f'd up lol.

Amos giving up a ton of size but I'm still rolling with him and I'm assuming fairly easy. Even tho he's going to whisky damn.
Chickenman was being colloquial with "neck of the woods." Catka lives in the next town over from me in the thick of the PHL suburbs. Brrokhaven has woods -- about a half-block of woods behind a strip mall.

I wouldn't presume Amos will have an easy match. Catka made the 2019 world team, and in 2018 was 2nd to Kerk.

Chickenman was being colloquial with "neck of the woods." Catka lives in the next town over from me in the thick of the PHL suburbs. Brrokhaven has woods -- about a half-block of woods behind a strip mall.

I wouldn't presume Amos will have an easy match. Catka made the 2019 world team, and in 2018 was 2nd to Kerk.

I actually asked him if he’d had rolled with Kerk ever. He laughed and said “yeah... it wasn’t good “. Said Kerk got him in an ankle lace and it was over.

But again ... I can’t express enough how humble he is. And every bit of 6’3”. Massive kid

ADVERTISEMENT