ADVERTISEMENT

PA States brackets and worthless predictions

145 AA Korenoski, Westmont Hilltop was losing 6-3 with 11 seconds left to Wiant. Hits a headlock (I think), pins Wiant.

Edit: Oops, apparently that wasn't a pin. 4 point move for a 7-6 win.

Last edited:
I live in Mifflin County and have a friend that lives in Mill Hall. We rag on each other a lot. Lol.

The landscape has changed so much in District 6 since I wrestled. Here is what I think happened and please correct me if I am wrong

Mifflin County is a combination of Lewistown, Chief Logan, and Kishacoquillas high schools.

Central Mountain is a combination Lock Haven, Bald Eagle Nittany and Sugar Valley (tiny HS) high schools.

Bald Eagle Area which used to be a AAA powerhouse is now AA.

The landscape has changed so much in District 6 since I wrestled. Here is what I think happened and please correct me if I am wrong

Mifflin County is a combination of Lewistown, Chief Logan, and Kishacoquillas high schools.

Central Mountain is a combination Lock Haven, Bald Eagle Nittany and Sugar Valley (tiny HS) high schools.

Yep. Some genius thought combining Lock Have high school and BEN would somehow produce a powerhouse I think it might have initially because of the Alton's but nothing like it used to be.

Notre Dame Green Pond went 7-0 in the 1st round (all 7 advanced and they had a victory in the prelim round also, so 8-0 so far)

120 AA Quarterfinals should be good

120 Sheldon Seymour, Troy, vs. Nate Smith, Bishop McDevitt
120 Eric Alderfer, Faith Christian, vs. Logan Jaquay, Eisenhower
120 Brandan Chletsos, Notre Dame-GP, vs. Gable Strickland, Benton
120 Cole Bayless, Reynolds, vs. Ryan Michaels, Elizabeth Forward

I'm a novice with regards to the state wrestling tournament. I saw the #1 ranked 126 lb (Bouzakis) is from PA but not in the field. Is he injured or is there another explanation? Have a distant cousin wrestling at this weight in AA bracket. Was state champ at 113 last year. TIA.

I'm a novice with regards to the state wrestling tournament. I saw the #1 ranked 126 lb (Bouzakis) is from PA but not in the field. Is he injured or is there another explanation? Have a distant cousin wrestling at this weight in AA bracket. Was state champ at 113 last year. TIA.
Nic goes to Wyoming Seminary—a private school that isn’t eligible to compete in PIAA. He did win a Prep National championship last week though.

Reactions: hlstone and Ja1339
Hayden Cunningham wins with a 3rd period pin in his opening (pigtail) match. I believe he now gets the #2 seed.

H.C. jumped out to a 6-0 lead, but was then ridden hard in the second period and gave up 3 back points. He was very, very close to being pinned in fact. In the 3rd period, his opponent took top position, but then H.C. reversed him and put him on his back for the fall

Hayden with a 3rd period takedown but drops a 3-2 decision to Manuel.
Hayden was clearly the aggressor the 3rd period....scoring a takedown and earning a stalling call. Couldn't quite get the last one. Lots of blocking
Hayden taking down in the 2nd instead of neutral and getting ridden for 2 min. may not have been the best decision :( Good effort

Last edited:
Nic goes to Wyoming Seminary—a private school that isn’t eligible to compete in PIAA. He did win a Prep National championship last week though.
Anyone know anything about Nic? I know he's from FL and transferred Sem. He better than Crookham?

Notre Dame Green Pond went 7-0 in the 1st round (all 7 advanced and they had a victory in the prelim round also, so 8-0 so far)

120 AA Quarterfinals should be good

120 Sheldon Seymour, Troy, vs. Nate Smith, Bishop McDevitt
120 Eric Alderfer, Faith Christian, vs. Logan Jaquay, Eisenhower
120 Brandan Chletsos, Notre Dame-GP, vs. Gable Strickland, Benton
120 Cole Bayless, Reynolds, vs. Ryan Michaels, Elizabeth Forward
How nice to see the same uneven joke of a playing field for piaa wrestling as it is in all other spots. For Christ sake just divide them already

Reactions: PerryLion1997
How nice to see the same uneven joke of a playing field for piaa wrestling as it is in all other spots. For Christ sake just divide them already
I would think Notre Dame will declare up to AAA in next few years. The coach has only been there 2 years. He's a recruiting machine with roots to some of New Jersey talent.
Keep in mind BECA and Notre Dame GP are only about 5 miles apart from each other.

Hayden with a 3rd period takedown but drops a 3-2 decision to Manuel.
Hayden was clearly the aggressor the 3rd period....scoring a takedown and earning a stalling call. Couldn't quite get the last one. Lots of blocking
Hayden taking down in the 2nd instead of neutral and getting ridden for 2 min. may not have been the best decision :( Good effort

Natural instinct to wanna take down while losing by 1or 2, what I thought was even odder, and could have cost him the match was Manuel taking neutral (and then getting taken down in 10 seconds),after it was clear Hayden could do NOTHING on bottom.

Reactions: diggerpup
This kid from philipsburg Osceola might shock the world at 195. Also, Ed Scott just a complete unpredictable whirlwind

Pouring a 40 out in remembrance of Chief Logan, the Mingoes are missed

This kid from philipsburg Osceola might shock the world at 195.
LOL.

SCA.JPG

Reactions: diggerpup
Well Garcia gave Thayne all he wanted, but ran out of steam in the 3rd. Lear won in UTBs , he'll have his hands full with NDGP (Im not even going to try to spell it).

Reactions: danoftw
Before the preview, some data about this year's tournament:

Weights with multiple returning state finalists:
AAA 120 – Chappell (S2), Delaney (S2)
AAA 138 – Hillegas (2x S1), Henson (Missouri S1) Farber (S2)
AAA 152 – Scott (S1), Robinson (S2)
AA 113 – Steen (S1), Ungar (NJ S1)
AA 120 – Seymour (S1), Biscoe (S2)
AA 126 – Crookham (S1), Arrington (S1), Haines (S2)
AA 138 – Kiser (S2), DeMark (S2)
AA 145 – McClenahan (S2)
AA 160 – Lawrence (2x S1), Cerniglia (S1)

Weights with multiple nationally ranked wrestlers – too many to list. This is PA!

Weights with returning state finalists:
AAA 113 – Dibert (S1)
AA 126 – Phipps (2x S2)
AAA 132 – Herrera (2x S1)
AAA 152 – Scott (S1)
AAA 160 – Ulrey (S2)
AAA 170 – Kibe (S1)
AAA 182 – Nijenhuis (S1)
AAA 195 – Stout (S2)
AAA 220 – Schon (defending champ)
AAA 285 – Catka (S1)
AA 132 – McMillen (S1)
AA 170 – Schultheis (S2)
AA 195 – Garcia (defending champ)
AA 220 – Ryan (S2)
AA 285 – Whitehill (defending champ)

Best names:
AA 160 – Max Delaye. With a name like that, future Stall Camp counselor.
AA 195 – Marshall Van Tassel. When not wrestling, he runs a German strip club.

Feel good story:
AA 170 – last year, Canton’s Timmy Ward beat a much bigger opponent: cancer.
Thanks for all your work ,predictions and information on PIAAs. It has made watching them much more interesting. Much Appreciated.

Reactions: hlstone
Not sure how you think a photo of a kid is funny, but whatever.
That's the undefeated defending champ, ranked #2 nationally, who has WBF in 36 of his 41 contested matches.

Who also happened to pin the P-O kid in 0:23 earlier this year.

Shock the world, LOL.

PS, the P-O kid got pinned in under a minute in the quarters.

Last edited:
This kid from philipsburg Osceola might shock the world at 195. Also, Ed Scott just a complete unpredictable whirlwind

Forgotten in most conversations is Cam Robinson of CR North. He is ridiculously long, and he uses his length beautifully. I think the 152 final will be the AAA marquee matchup. Can Scott get the headlock on Robinson? If not, there is going to be trouble.

In yesterday's bout, the Clearfield kid picked up Robinson's foot and they went in the 'dance around on one foot' routine. McGonigal didn't have a chance of tripping Robinson, cause Robinson's leg is so long that he was totally out of McGonical's reach. Robinson was hoping around the mat on one foot, smiling. We were all laughing in the stands, it looked so funny,

The rest of the match, Robinson just trashed McGonical. It was awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: papride1
Forgotten in most conversations is Cam Robinson of CR North. He is ridiculously long, and he uses his length beautifully. I think the 152 final will be the AAA marquee matchup. Can Scott get the headlock on Robinson? If not, there is going to be trouble.

In yesterday's bout, the Clearfield kid picked up Robinson's foot and they went in the 'dance around on one foot' routine. McGonigal didn't have a chance of tripping Robinson, cause Robinson's leg is so long that he was totally out of McGonical's reach. Robinson was hoping around the mat on one foot, smiling. We were all laughing in the stands, it looked so funny,

The rest of the match, Robinson just trashed McGonical. It was awesome.
easy now, I was rooting for that Clearfield kid!

Sorry if I missed it...the last post I read about Kibe was he was in the hole, but never saw a result?

ADVERTISEMENT