ADVERTISEMENT

PA Regionals weekend

Hayden if he can get to the finals can beat Allison. Last weekend he was up 2 with 8 seconds left before he got thrown to his back. He has also teched Allsion in freestyle. Very beatable for Hayden if he can get there

hayden closing the gap .... always was told Casey could coach'em up....

Interesting neighborhood.

To digress further, I lived in several different places in PA, but very little experience with the Northern Tier.
Someday, I'd like to make the trip across US Route 6 the length of the state from Ohio to NY.

Any posters know that route well, and have some must see stops?
I've driven most of it, just not all at once. Beautiful scenery but little else. PA Grand Canyon is worth a stop especially in the fall. Not too far off of route 6 (SR 44 I believe) you can find the headwaters of the Allegheny River near Gold.

Reactions: royboy
I've driven most of it, just not all at once. Beautiful scenery but little else. PA Grand Canyon is worth a stop especially in the fall. Not too far off of route 6 (SR 44 I believe) you can find the headwaters of the Allegheny River near Gold.
A high school friend has a dairy farm in Gold. He took 2nd at states his senior year. Was up by 1 with under 15 seconds and lost to a kid from Oil City I believe. He busted my elbow my Jr year - good times.

My original ancestors from France settled in Sullivan county. Farm is still in the family
Not doubting you, but that's interesting because to my knowledge there are not many folks of French descent in the area. Where's the farm, if you don't mind me asking? If you rather not answer, that's also fine.

Grizzly bear story is on a spoof site. Would be carrying regularly if their was a grizzly in the Pennsylvania woods.
Yeah, not buying a grizzly sighting in Sullivan County, or anywhere in PA for that matter.
This made me chuckle a little. Don’t know if I’d consider any part of Sullivan county suburban. Nice area up there, we go up for pa bow hunters festival every year.
A family member helped organize and run the Bow Hunters Festival for several years, LONG time ago. That event used to bring in and release several wild boar and organize a boar hunt, though I believe that was discontinued a good number of years ago.

Reactions: Crunched
Yeah, not buying a grizzly sighting in Sullivan County, or anywhere in PA for that matter.

A family member helped organize and run the Bow Hunters Festival for several years, LONG time ago. That event used to bring in and release several wild boar and organize a boar hunt, though I believe that was discontinued a good number of years ago.

I grew up in Sullivan County and years ago I could have swore I saw a mountain lion but I did have a few adult beverages that day.

Not doubting you, but that's interesting because to my knowledge there are not many folks of French descent in the area. Where's the farm, if you don't mind me asking? If you rather not answer, that's also fine.
Not exactly sure last name was Ball. Haven't been there in forty years. I believe the last name mag have originally Bahl they came over when Napoleon was defeated

Not exactly sure last name was Ball. Haven't been there in forty years. I believe the last name mag have originally Bahl they came over when Napoleon was defeated
The French decent came from my grandmother's side. John Bahl or Ball bought the land as the story goes. My great aunt and uncle's grew up in Troy area

A high school friend has a dairy farm in Gold. He took 2nd at states his senior year. Was up by 1 with under 15 seconds and lost to a kid from Oil City I believe. He busted my elbow my Jr year - good times.

I don't think it was Oil City. I coached once upon a day at Oil City. Our only state champ was Bret Ruth in (I think) 1993 at 171. If I remember correctly he lead wire to wire in the finals.

Reactions: danoftw
The pride of Sullivan County Nathan Higley headed back to the Finals tonight...#goodcleanliving

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw

Yes they used to release wild boars. Now they have a steel boar challenge. Win that and you win a hog hunt. Many arrows get thrashed hitting the steel as the spot you have to hit to avoid the steel is small and gets smaller as the stakes get higher. Pretty fun to watch.

Hayden on deck for his semi
Down 2-0 in first
Match ends at .05 of first... Someone got pinned or defaulted
VanDee wins via fall :(

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of where live info is available for all regional tournaments? Twitter, facebook, etc. Particularly interested in NW AAA.

Two state #1 ranked wrestlers failed to qualify for states:
106 AA - Cade Wirnsberger, Meadowbrook Christian
126 AAA - Finn Solomon, Franklin Regional

Solomon got pinned in both the semis (by returning state finalist Kurtis Phipps, who he beat last week at sectionals) and consi semis.

Two state #1 ranked wrestlers failed to qualify for states:
106 AA - Cade Wirnsberger, Meadowbrook Christian
126 AAA - Finn Solomon, Franklin Regional

Solomon got pinned in both the semis (by returning state finalist Kurtis Phipps, who he beat last week at sectionals) and consi semis.
Wow. Wrestling in pa is tough

ADVERTISEMENT