ADVERTISEMENT

Pa eminent domain law

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
I’m experiencing a construction project that will affect a portion of my property with a temporary easement and .12 acres that the govt will take. I understand that Pa homeowners can receive up to $4000 in reimbursement from the state for legal fees, appraisal, engineers, etc. related to the matter. PennDot has informed me that I need to have itemized bills listed on a 710 form to submit for reimbursement. Does anyone know if I can submit monthly lawyer bills to PennDot as they arise or is it necessary to submit one 710 form with the aggregate of all lawyer fees at the conclusion of a settlement? Paying a lawyer $700 here or $1000 there and then getting reimbursed would be easier then paying $4000 out of pocket initially.

I have no idea on that but are you going to be able to charge for your time to document and itemize all of this stuff and the other time it will take of yours?

I’m experiencing a construction project that will affect a portion of my property with a temporary easement and .12 acres that the govt will take. I understand that Pa homeowners can receive up to $4000 in reimbursement from the state for legal fees, appraisal, engineers, etc. related to the matter. PennDot has informed me that I need to have itemized bills listed on a 710 form to submit for reimbursement. Does anyone know if I can submit monthly lawyer bills to PennDot as they arise or is it necessary to submit one 710 form with the aggregate of all lawyer fees at the conclusion of a settlement? Paying a lawyer $700 here or $1000 there and then getting reimbursed would be easier then paying $4000 out of pocket initially.
Southern beltway/mon Fayette project?

Suggest, if at all possible, that your lawyer bills PennDot directly with CCs of the bills to you.

I work for DEP. We typically do a single lump sum reimbursement with property owners. We even pay lawyer fees direct in some cases. However, I am not sure if PennDOT does the same, especially when it concerns eminent domain. I would call the District office or even talk to the project manager on site if you can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT