ADVERTISEMENT

Ozark season 4 (first seven episodes) drops Friday at 3am.

Wife and have been going back and watching last 10 episodes. It’s been so long we could remember where things left off. We wanted to be ready to roll when the new season starts.
I understand, due to the length of time, they've produced a long recap review episode. I haven't seen it though.

BTW, here is a direct link to the trailer

Have you watched 1883 (prequel to Yellowstone) on Paramount Plus. Best show I’ve seen in years. If you’re able watch the 40 min special on filming. Very informative on the history surrounding the show. Show is as authentic as it gets.

Reactions: psualt and Obliviax
Have you watched 1883 (prequel to Yellowstone) on Paramount Plus. Best show I’ve seen in years. If you’re able watch the 40 min special on filming. Very informative on the history surrounding the show. Show is as authentic as it gets.

I have, it's definitely worth watching, excellent.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Reactions: Obliviax
Wife and have been going back and watching last 10 episodes. It’s been so long we could remember where things left off. We wanted to be ready to roll when the new season starts.
I hope you aren't saying you can't remember how the last episode of season 3 ended, because that would be pretty hard to forget.

Last edited:
Bout to finish last season last episode before bed. Started Season three again a few weeks back so I’d be ready. Ya ****ing bitch wolf.

The commercials look awesome. But did they show the first for episodes for free then switch to having to pay on peacock + to see the rest? If so, not cool

On my list: Ozark, season 3, 1883, Yellowstone (resume season 2), finish (very creepy) Archive 81, and start Stay Close on Netflix.

The commercials look awesome. But did they show the first for episodes for free then switch to having to pay on peacock + to see the rest? If so, not cool
The first 2/3 episodes were indeed free. The new episodes are paramount plus. It worked, I just signed up for $10 per month.

The first 2/3 episodes were indeed free. The new episodes are paramount plus. It worked, I just signed up for $10 per month.
I pay for HBO Max, Netflix, Apple + and Amazon. I told myself that if I add a premium channel, one has to go. Apple has two really good shows (morning show being one). So if I added Paramount, not sure what I would dump. Amazon is really free as an Amazon Prime member. HBO and N-flix are the cream of the crop.

I pay for HBO Max, Netflix, Apple + and Amazon. I told myself that if I add a premium channel, one has to go. Apple has two really good shows (morning show being one). So if I added Paramount, not sure what I would dump. Amazon is really free as an Amazon Prime member. HBO and N-flix are the cream of the crop.

Paramount+ does include the Star Trek franchise, there are still shows being produced including Discovery and Picard and some offerings for kids. I signed up last March when they had a $50/year special.

Paramount+ does include the Star Trek franchise, there are still shows being produced including Discovery and Picard and some offerings for kids. I signed up last March when they had a $50/year special.
I may replace Apple+ with that. I also see Netflix is increasing prices and their programming hasn't been the best lately.

I may replace Apple+ with that. I also see Netflix is increasing prices and their programming hasn't been the best lately.
You right about Netflix. However, Netflix has most of my favorites so I can just watch them over and over and over again.

You right about Netflix. However, Netflix has most of my favorites so I can just watch them over and over and over again.
i guess the other option is to cut down on my TV channels (but need Fox Sports, Bally [guardians), B1G network and ESPN (times X) to get the sports. By the time I am done, not sure what I can cut.

i guess the other option is to cut down on my TV channels (but need Fox Sports, Bally [guardians), B1G network and ESPN (times X) to get the sports. By the time I am done, not sure what I can cut.
no matter what, even with all of those things you are cheaper in th end than Direct TV or DISH.

I'm still playing the "give me a discount or I'll cancel" game with DirecTV. Just did it yesterday, locked in a discount for another year, will be paying $105/mo which includes HBO Max and Ballys Cardinals and Blues.

Afraid I’ll soon be forced to joint Apple TV. Steven Spielberg Tom Hanks are producing a WWII series about B-17 bombers over Europe. Should be titled Masters of the Air. It looks to fantastic!

Afraid I’ll soon be forced to joint Apple TV. Steven Spielberg Tom Hanks are producing a WWII series about B-17 bombers over Europe. Should be titled Masters of the Air. It looks to fantastic!
When is that coming out? Those were HBOs (BoB and the pacific). The man who hired me out of college was the lead navigator for the Bloody 100th when the war ended. He used to tell us stories that had us on the edge of our seats: One of the first to see a jet, only navigator to shoot down a 109, bailed out when the pilot accidentally discharged the flare gun in the cockpit when they were on approach to land, seeing a concentration camp shortly after liberation...dude is my hero.

Apparently, he flew with a guy named "Paterno" in 1944. I always wondered if Paterno, Alfred V. Paterno, was related to Joe. the man who hired me out of college was Norm Graham. I believe he flew in late 1944 and all of 1945.

When is that coming out? Those were HBOs (BoB and the pacific). The man who hired me out of college was the lead navigator for the Bloody 100th when the war ended. He used to tell us stories that had us on the edge of our seats: One of the first to see a jet, only navigator to shoot down a 109, bailed out when the pilot accidentally discharged the flare gun in the cockpit when they were on approach to land, seeing a concentration camp shortly after liberation...dude is my hero.

Apparently, he flew with a guy named "Paterno" in 1944. I always wondered if Paterno, Alfred V. Paterno, was related to Joe. the man who hired me out of college was Norm Graham. I believe he flew in late 1944 and all of 1945.

HBO turned down the series. I was shocked they turned it down. Band of Brothers and Pacific were huge hits. This was to be the 3rd sequel in the WWII series. Thank God HBO stepped up and said they’d air it.

I grew up in a town full of WWII vets. None of those guys ever talked about the war. I understand why they didn’t. But what a shame those stories weren’t passed down to the younger generation.

This is a bit off topic. I heard a story of my grandfather trying to enlist after Pearl Harbor. Officer asked anyone who’s 30 or older take one step forward. He next asked the over 30’s to take another step forward if they had 2 or more kids. My grandfather was in the group that took 2 steps forward. Officer dismissed the 2 step group. He started weeping in front of the other men after being dismissed. The devastation he must have felt has always stuck with me.

Good strategy. Me and my wife might do the same. Only learned last night new episodes were on.

Good strategy. Me and my wife might do the same. Only learned last night new episodes were on.
New episodes are absolutely great! Watch the 40 min special on the background and filming the series. It’s what sucked me in! Do you know more people died from falling off wagons or crossing rivers than were killed by Indians or bandits?

Last edited:
New episodes are absolutely great! Watch the 40 min special on the background and filming the series. It’s what sucked me in! Do you know more people died from fall off wagons or crossing rivers than were killed by Indians or bandits?

Thanks for the heads up. We generally forego those things.

I finished 1883. Good actors, good acting, waste of time story. You could have started with episode 8 and really not missed anything.

I finished 1883. Good actors, good acting, waste of time story. You could have started with episode 8 and really not missed anything.
Was really impressed with the series. Thought they did a great job at showing hardship of the wagon trains. I was amazed to find out that ads were run in European papers for wagon trains. A good bit of those people traveling west were straight out of Europe. The ending ripped my heart out. Next up for the Yellowstone prequels is 1932.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
Was really impressed with the series. Thought they did a great job at showing hardship of the wagon trains. I was amazed to find out that ads were run in European papers for wagon trains. A good bit of those people traveling west were straight out of Europe. The ending ripped my heart out. Next up for the Yellowstone prequels is 1932.

It was good when you forget the fact it was supposed to be a prequel. By the end it just felt like a money grab to capitalize on the popularity of Yellowstone and not really any meaningful pre-Yellowstone story telling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT