ADVERTISEMENT

Overnight Parking Question for the Board

ChiStyle

Sep 30, 2020
Hey All,
I have an ORV pass for me and my kids but my brother is coming up with his kids. Can he buy a parking pass for lot 24 for Friday night overnight and leave his car there or does he have to wait until Saturday to get into the lot to park?

I appreciate any insight any of you could add to this.

There is a lot across orchard to the ORV lot where they let you park overnight but I would think getting a permit for that lot is as difficult as getting the ORV pass.

Every ORV pass is able to purchase one car parking permit for lot 24. You can buy as you enter with your RV. $60.00. Your brother can enter on Friday night if you enter on Friday with your RV. Just meet him on Orchard when he arrives and hand him the pass.

I HATE the ORV policy. Stupid. The decision to limit the number of overnight RV's was made to prevent people from coming to the game, but not going into the game. This has jacked up the price of the pass ten fold. Nice job Sandy.

I HATE the ORV policy. Stupid. The decision to limit the number of overnight RV's was made to prevent people from coming to the game, but not going into the game. This has jacked up the price of the pass ten fold. Nice job Sandy.

Well as regular ORV patron for 12 years I like the bigger spaces, and knowing I'll have a spot when I get there. I sat through that Michigan debacle in 2013 when almost 1000 RV's showed up. I sat in my RV from 11:30pm to 4am about 1/4 mile from entrance as they figured out where to put us. That wasn't fun. I do agree it has created people trying to double or triple their money on the passes which I don't appreciate or agree with.

I’m not an RV guy, but there is no reason they cannot come up with a way to accommodate all of the people who want to park ORV at the stadium. There is a lot of space there. That’s a bit of a mystery to me. Why wouldn’t they want that?

I’m not an RV guy, but there is no reason they cannot come up with a way to accommodate all of the people who want to park ORV at the stadium. There is a lot of space there. That’s a bit of a mystery to me. Why wouldn’t they want that?
Only other grass area that is flat enough is lot 12 (IM Fields). And any rain would take that offline for RVs. No other area on grass that would work now and on campus prior is not an option either. So there are many reasons why they cannot accommodate.

I am pretty sure they limited it due to the skinny spaces and some RVs with slide outs couldn't slide them out without hitting the RV in the sport next to it. Also, for the rentals that show up with inexperienced operators as well as the places that park the RV, set everything up for you when you get there and you just have to show up. They were causing safety problems in the lots because there are some dangers with RVs like the the big propane tanks on them and people have firepits and charcoal gilling and then dumping the ashes under the RV, you know, near the propane tank. I also heard of drunk people dancing on the roofs and falling off getting hurt. Then again, that one is from the rumor mill. I know of many ORV lot RV owners that weren't happy with the situation. When you buy something upwards of 6 figures that you own, you don't want some arseholes who don't care farqing it up on you.

ADVERTISEMENT