ADVERTISEMENT

Our signals being stolen

jbenedict

Nov 28, 2017
How do we know that our signals are not being stolen. I understand that there are big and new poster board pictures every week. It would not be very difficult to see what plays follow after signals being observed. Opposing teams probably has all this video taped from past years and sees the pattern. When a particular photo is displayed and this guy does these hand gestures we do this. Try running in the plays and see how teams do.

Maybe switch to encrypted version of Morse Code.
250px-Seaman_send_Morse_code_signals.jpg

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
It might not be our signals being stolen but we maybe tipping our hand with our tendencies. This was discussed a few years ago that the OL was giving tells if we were running or passing so there could be something to this.

How do we know that our signals are not being stolen. I understand that there are big and new poster board pictures every week. It would not be very difficult to see what plays follow after signals being observed. Opposing teams probably has all this video taped from past years and sees the pattern. When a particular photo is displayed and this guy does these hand gestures we do this. Try running in the plays and see how teams do.
Or maybe the Team isn't as good as we think the could be. No more excusses, just get it done!

If we thought the signals were being stolen, it would be SO easy to go in on a series with everyone on O knowing they were gonna run a TOTALLY different play than what was being flashed in from the sideline.

Reactions: step.eng69
We had signals? Judging by the posts since last night, there were no signals.

Teams have figured out the air guitar signal from anyone wearing a red hat is for the shotgun snap.

We only ran about 6 or 7 different plays all game...not much to steal.

You mean the other team sees our sideline hold up that sighs that says 3rd and very long?

Reactions: Chris92

I would ask if the team has had anyone from the school's cyber security depart ment look at e algorithm.

I suspect the algorithm is simple, so v that it works for our own team reliably. Probably by 4th quarter each game, it's cracked to 95 percent certainty.

This could easily account for a 10 point swing late in games.

ADVERTISEMENT