ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense in the second half was an absolute joke

walleye38

Jul 29, 2003
You can't impress the CFP committee with a defense like that. Even if they were 5th string.

Playoffs? Playoffs? What pill you been taking? Chill. Game was over at half. Franklin was happy to run it out. Riley was trying to save his job. 9-2, baby. Not many programs are there or better. Team is ascending. Enjoy the ride.

If our 2nd half was an indication of our defense next year, we are in big trouble.

Up 32 pts with 10 minutes left in the game and most starters pulled.. I doubt that gets overlooked. Still somewhat moot. A 10-2 PSU team will be top 10 in the playoff poll and in the NY6.

Reactions: Sharkies
Up 32 pts with 10 minutes left in the game and most starters pulled.. I doubt that gets overlooked. Still somewhat moot. A 10-2 PSU team will be top 10 in the playoff poll and in the NY6.
I'll just add that we were killing Nebraska. We called the dogs off. Sure, blame the defense, but Barkley didn't play the last 1.5 quarters and then McSorely came out shortly after Barkley. If offense is on the field more in 4th quarter, the defense (even 2nd and 3rd string) can rest. regroup, and get coached.

Playoffs? Playoffs? What pill you been taking? Chill. Game was over at half. Franklin was happy to run it out. Riley was trying to save his job. 9-2, baby. Not many programs are there or better. Team is ascending. Enjoy the ride.

Totally correct. Why can't people give Nebraska a little credit for playing well in the second half? Their QB made a bunch of pinpoint throws under pressure. I'm content with the W and the progress with this team.
Savvy fans know we are probably two years away from being where we need to be. The others are just fans, and a little too whiney after every game in my book.

Future DB s really struggled today. Let's hope they get it clicking. They are young and learning. Most important they are getting some important playing time to get the feel for this level.

Our CBs were struggling a bit, but consider you were looking at two true freshmen, one of whom did not have the benefit of spring practices. Also remember that Reid will be back next year. I wasnt thrilled Nebraska scored 44 points, but shit happens. Sure, I was cursing Pry at the time :rolleyes: , but I don't think our straits are quite as dire as some expect.

Doesn't seem to hurt Oklahoma

That’s because no one is looking at Oklahoma’s D. They are too focused on Oklahoma’s quarterback and whatever new offensive gesture he’s doing toward his opponent, (and then apologizing for), each week. ;)

People seem to forget about the 6 straight 3 and outs before halftime. We were up big, emptied the benches, and gave the Huskers a moral victory. Big deal.

Reactions: Judge Smails
On the bright side, they won't have a chip on their shoulders next time we play them since the game ended close. Think positive.

Our CBs were struggling a bit, but consider you were looking at two true freshmen, one of whom did not have the benefit of spring practices. Also remember that Reid will be back next year. I wasnt thrilled Nebraska scored 44 points, but shit happens. Sure, I was cursing Pry at the time :rolleyes: , but I don't think our straits are quite as dire as some expect.
So which is the real defense? The one that created 3 and outs throughout the second quarter when the game wasn't decided and held the fort on short fields in the first or the one that got scored on a lot in the 4th quarter when the game was already decided? Think about that for a moment before freaking out.

Let's worry about next year, next year. Players have an extra 13 practices, then weight room, then spring practice, then pre-season practice, and then the 2018 season.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
So which is the real defense? The one that created 3 and outs throughout the second quarter when the game wasn't decided and held the fort on short fields in the first or the one that got scored on a lot in the 4th quarter when the game was already decided? Think about that for a moment before freaking out.

Let's worry about next year, next year. Players have an extra 13 practices, then weight room, then spring practice, then pre-season practice, and then the 2018 season.

I thought I was doing the opposite of freaking out. I must be losing touch with myself!

wow, what a great game yesterday.

starters looked great in the first half.

backups got much needed playing time, coaches got a lot of tape to watch and correct.

anyone who thinks the final score was a joke needs to stop watching college football. what was learned yesterday will continue to build championships in the future.

Some very highly rated younger players look totally lost out there, and some of the DT's are getting pushed around big time!

I will worry about next year when it comes, but loosing Cothren, Cothran, and Chavez is going to be a big problem if anyone thinks their replacements will be ready in 9 months!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT