Our commander and chief dropped 2 one ton bombs in Iraq killing civilians

Steve G

May 29, 2001
Do liberals even care? Will they dismiss it as a necessary tactical strike to win this war on terrorism? One can only imagine the whining if a conservative president were in office and this happened........

http://news.yahoo.com/air-strike-iraqs-mosul-targets-millions-cash-us-203832907.html
we should not be wasting one more dollar, one more American life in that God Forsaken mess of a country, or region for that matter. If the Shiia and Sunni want to fight it out and commit all manner of atrocities o each other, let then have at it. Best move Obama ever made was pulling out of Iraq (pull out doesn't sound manly to me dave better leave it in there and get the job done right) pulling out lock, stock and barrel. He should have pulled the hell out of Afghan after bin Laden was killed (that was the reason to be therein first place). If ISIS wants to attack the Ramada and the Syrians want to tear each other apart, let them. Worst move Obama made was getting back into that mess with men and materiel.

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001
we should not be wasting one more dollar, one more American life in that God Forsaken mess of a country, or region for that matter. If the Shiia and Sunni want to fight it out and commit all manner of atrocities o each other, let then have at it. Best move Obama ever made was pulling out of Iraq (pull out doesn't sound manly to me dave better leave it in there and get the job done right) pulling out lock, stock and barrel. He should have pulled the hell out of Afghan after bin Laden was killed (that was the reason to be therein first place). If ISIS wants to attack the Ramada and the Syrians want to tear each other apart, let them. Worst move Obama made was getting back into that mess with men and materiel.
You were doing good until you got to Obama pulling out the troops. He should have left a small contingency in Iraq which would have thwarted ISIS. Instead he left them high and dry and now the region is a cluster f**k.

Obama really has zero sense when it comes to foreign policy or military operations.

Steve G

May 29, 2001
You were doing good until you got to Obama pulling out the troops. He should have left a small contingency in Iraq which would have thwarted ISIS. Instead he left them high and dry and now the region is a cluster f**k.

Obama really has zero sense when it comes to foreign policy or military operations.
it is Iraq its not Iowa! It is there country, not ours. They asked us to leave, Bush negotiated for us to leave and we left. The fact we should not have been there is first place aside, they wanted us out, we negotiated to leave and so we left. What happens next is up to them, not us, not Obama. They don't care enough about the country or their communities to maintain a peaceful organized country is on them. He was absolutely right to pull out and wrong to go back in. Congress would not let Gerald Ford get back into Vietnam at the end and they should have blocked us getting back into this mess now. Let the Iraqis and Syrians and whoever fight it out among themselves if thats what they want to do. Or govern and defend their countries responsibly if that what they want to do.

Proudlion1

Aug 25, 2004
Always love the Left's "if I knew then what I know now" type of arguments. Obama played the cards he was dealt poorly.....he cut and ran from Iraq due to a campaign promise. Period.

Suggesting he is able to throw his cards back to the dealer and demand a re-deal is childish.

Obama f'd up by not leaving 4-5000 troops behind in Iraq(see Afghanistan)and ISIS would not have grown to the force they are. Obama's own CIA Director(Brennan)commented that ISIS/AQ were decimated when our troops were in Iraq.

The Left always want to lay the problem on someone else after the Left f's it up. See Libya, Egypt for examples.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Well, I don't care if they all kill each other either.

However, in the absence of a "strong man" that we can play "footsie" with, that fears us, that can get the crazy's in check, and that knows that's it's in his best interest to not mess with us, then I strongly predict that we are heading for major problems and will get drug into a bigger mess with inconceivable stakes. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
it is Iraq its not Iowa! It is there country, not ours. They asked us to leave, Bush negotiated for us to leave and we left. The fact we should not have been there is first place aside, they wanted us out, we negotiated to leave and so we left. What happens next is up to them, not us, not Obama. They don't care enough about the country or their communities to maintain a peaceful organized country is on them. He was absolutely right to pull out and wrong to go back in. Congress would not let Gerald Ford get back into Vietnam at the end and they should have blocked us getting back into this mess now. Let the Iraqis and Syrians and whoever fight it out among themselves if thats what they want to do. Or govern and defend their countries responsibly if that what they want to do.

Oh we left alright.... only to drop 2 one ton bombs on money while killing innocent civilians......

Reactions: psuted

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
1. The term is Commander In Chief, not commander and chief.
2. Taking out $$millions (cash) is a good thing. No money = no state. WEe are also bombing their oil trucks. If any group can't feed and care for their 'people' that governmebnt will not last long (NK maybe an exception).
3. We left Iraq because we had agreed to do so (Bush). The Iraq government said they could go it alone (Baghdad Bob revisited). We did what we said we would do - they screwed the pooch, not us.
4. The 'civilian' deaths were kept top a minimum based on observation of the target over days/nights.
5. William T. Sherman said 'War is Hell' - I agree that's what it should be. We just needs the wussies in Congress to declare there is a war.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
1. The term is Commander In Chief, not commander and chief.
2. Taking out $$millions (cash) is a good thing. No money = no state. WEe are also bombing their oil trucks. If any group can't feed and care for their 'people' that governmebnt will not last long (NK maybe an exception).
3. We left Iraq because we had agreed to do so (Bush). The Iraq government said they could go it alone (Baghdad Bob revisited). We did what we said we would do - they screwed the pooch, not us.
4. The 'civilian' deaths were kept top a minimum based on observation of the target over days/nights.
5. William T. Sherman said 'War is Hell' - I agree that's what it should be. We just needs the wussies in Congress to declare there is a war.

Just one civilian death is too many........

Reactions: TN Lion

Osprey Lion

Dec 16, 2011
Osprey, Florida

Stupid and delusional.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Obama overrode General Petraeus and Defense Secretary Gates to leave Iraq the way we did.

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Obama overrode General Petraeus and Defense Secretary Gates to leave Iraq the way we did.
As he should have. Remember they answer to the CIC he doesn't answer to them . Obama was simply abiding by an arrangement made by the prior CIC. It was also not negotiable with the host country - Iraq.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
As he should have. Remember they answer to the CIC he doesn't answer to them . Obama was simply abiding by an arrangement made by the prior CIC. It was also not negotiable with the host country - Iraq.
Non negotiable? I don't think so.

Proudlion1

Aug 25, 2004
If Obama had wanted to leave troops in Iraq, it would have happened. Obama didn't want to(campaign promise) and the troops left. Obama blew it and owns that decision. The Liberal blame Bush stuff is total horsesh#$t!

bdgan

May 29, 2008
If Obama had wanted to leave troops in Iraq, it would have happened. Obama didn't want to(campaign promise) and the troops left. Obama blew it and owns that decision. The Liberal blame Bush stuff is total horsesh#$t!
I think it's fair to debate the wisdom of our long drawn out presence in Iraq. But there is no doubt about what happened when we pulled out 100% w/o a residual force. ISIS came and seized territory and (American) weapons. Iran took control of other areas. Look where we are now? Especially with the deal to release $150 billion to Iran. What could go wrong?

Steve G

May 29, 2001
The Iraqis lost Iraq, not Obama and not the US. We were out of there 3 years before they fell apart, frankly I expected it to not last even that long. And who cares?? What difference does it make which Islamic sect or faction holds what worthless stretch of dirt or town in that country? (and I use the word country advisedly) ISIS is bad and cuts people heads off, so does the Saudi government. One is bad and one is our ally. It matters not one bit to me, my family, or you for that matter who is in charge in sections of Mesopotamia. Its not going to change my life one bit, and won't change yours either!! That the Iraqi population, military and political structure did not care enough to maintain their country, is not my or your problem. Someone in this thread said something about installing a "strong man" who would answer to us. Like Saddam Hussein!! And all the other oppressive dictators we installed over the decades (familiarize yourself with Iranian history to how well that works out) Maybe we should have never invaded, left our closet ally Saddam in power and then ISIS would be no where near the Ramada or Cleveland or Me Hi Co.......

Reactions: 2lion70

bdgan

May 29, 2008
The Iraqis lost Iraq, not Obama and not the US. We were out of there 3 years before they fell apart, frankly I expected it to not last even that long. And who cares?? What difference does it make which Islamic sect or faction holds what worthless stretch of dirt or town in that country? (and I use the word country advisedly) ISIS is bad and cuts people heads off, so does the Saudi government. One is bad and one is our ally. It matters not one bit to me, my family, or you for that matter who is in charge in sections of Mesopotamia. Its not going to change my life one bit, and won't change yours either!! That the Iraqi population, military and political structure did not care enough to maintain their country, is not my or your problem. Someone in this thread said something about installing a "strong man" who would answer to us. Like Saddam Hussein!! And all the other oppressive dictators we installed over the decades (familiarize yourself with Iranian history to how well that works out) Maybe we should have never invaded, left our closet ally Saddam in power and then ISIS would be no where near the Ramada or Cleveland or Me Hi Co.......
But you want to bring 100k Syrians to the USA at our expense, then provide housing & other social welfare?

Steve G

May 29, 2001
But you want to bring 100k Syrians to the USA at our expense, then provide housing & other social welfare?
ummmm no I don't actually want to do that. I want to repatriate the Syrians back in Syria. Would be nice if they were not all drowning and all that, but no I feel no great obligation to bring them here........

bdgan

May 29, 2008
ummmm no I don't actually want to do that. I want to repatriate the Syrians back in Syria. Would be nice if they were not all drowning and all that, but no I feel no great obligation to bring them here........

Fair enough, but your liberal buddies want this (as does Obama). In my opinion that means high cost, security issues, language problems, incompatible cultures, etc.