ADVERTISEMENT

OU Covid 19

So if this happened the week before the game the game would have be cancelled, no?

They have 85 on scholarship and more walk-ons. Why stop. Just don't let them go home during the season, properly quarantine and move on. Maybe Oklahoma is using the Clemson tactics of getting covid out of the way by having everyone get it and recover before the practices start.

Was it just football players or also staff too? Or were those 9 positive tests from all fall athletes?

Would it matter? The question was : "if this were a game week would you still play a game". And IMO, regardless of whether it's all players, or a mix of players & coaches, I'd still play. 9 out of 85.

The only way I think 9 out of 85 would cause reason to cancel a game is if all 9 were coaches. I believe a staff can only have 10 full time coaches. Obviously, it would be pretty much impossible to have a game with only 1 coach.

Would it matter? The question was : "if this were a game week would you still play a game". And IMO, regardless of whether it's all players, or a mix of players & coaches, I'd still play. 9 out of 85.

The only way I think 9 out of 85 would cause reason to cancel a game is if all 9 were coaches. I believe a staff can only have 10 full time coaches. Obviously, it would be pretty much impossible to have a game with only 1 coach.
Because most schools test all athletes and staff. So reporting only 9 positives out of all those people makes it even a smaller reason to cancel

Reactions: Kiber
Testing positive means you could spread it, but are they sick or asymptomatic? Contain it and move on. Hopefully no one is hospital level Ill.

If those 9 had been in contact with the rest of the team I don’t see how they play. Isn’t that what baseball did? The Marlins entire team shut down as did their opponent the Phillies.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If those 9 had been in contact with the rest of the team I don’t see how they play. Isn’t that what baseball did? The Marlins entire team shut down as did their opponent the Phillies.

Yes of course. But people live in their delusional world and ignore the real life outcomes we are seeing right in front of our faces.

Reactions: NJPSU

9 out of 26.
9 out of 85

9 out of 26.
9 out of 85

How many Cardinals tested positive when they postponed games?
And do you quarantine everyone who has had contact with those 9? If any of the 9 are an OL or DL, how many people do you think had contact with those 9? And let's say one tests positive right after a game they played in, then how many people are you quarantining? This is most certainly happening in a season of CFB, which of course has no bubble.

Reactions: NJPSU
So if this happened the week before the game the game would have be cancelled, no?

Lol

Yeah good question. Logically, no, it wouldn't be cancelled because of that.

But these days, logic isn't what is used to make such decisions - So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it were cancelled because of that.

The Phillies were cancelled and they had 0 out of 26. They were just worried about exposure.

The question I believe was "would you" ... My answer is that I would NOT. I know the Phillies DID. I would NOT. If I were the commissioner of MLB and all of the Phillies had tested negative, I would have immediately moved the Phillies onto their next series.

I know there are a lot of what DID happen. But this thread was about what WOULD you do as 9 OU players test positive. And regardless of what the Phillies DID, my answer about 9 OU players is that I would have the other 76 play next week.

If they came back to school from a break, I'm guessing those 9 didn't know they had a virus. When we continue to see numbers like this pop up from groups that are tested all the time, it does make one wonder just how many of us have had it and never knew it.

The question I believe was "would you" ... My answer is that I would NOT. I know the Phillies DID. I would NOT. If I were the commissioner of MLB and all of the Phillies had tested negative, I would have immediately moved the Phillies onto their next series.

I know there are a lot of what DID happen. But this thread was about what WOULD you do as 9 OU players test positive. And regardless of what the Phillies DID, my answer about 9 OU players is that I would have the other 76 play next week.

Actually my original question wasn’t “would you”.

It was “So if this happened the week before the game the game would have been cancelled, no?”.

If they came back to school from a break, I'm guessing those 9 didn't know they had a virus. When we continue to see numbers like this pop up from groups that are tested all the time, it does make one wonder just how many of us have had it and never knew it.

Probably lots of us have had it, and never knew it. That's what makes this disease is so horrible and frightening!!!!!!!!! Some of us that are actually in shape may never even feel sick!!!!!

How is that fair????????

ADVERTISEMENT