ADVERTISEMENT

Other results last night

matter7172

Nov 14, 2012
Oklahoma State 24 Northern Iowa 9. Biggest surprise for me was Jacobe Smith beating Drew Foster 8-4. Kaid Brock lost to Josh Alber 4-3.

Ohio State 23 Illinois 14. Obviously, McKenna's replacement getting pinned had a big effect on the final result, as did Singletary not wrestling and "Pin Me" Rachal winning at 285.

NC State 23 Virginia 17. Even with a pin by Reenan at 184. I didn't expect it to be that close

VT 40 Finesilver Duke 3. All three Finesilvers that wrestled lost.

Iowa State 47 South Dakota State 0. Didn't expect that big a thumping. Dresser getting them on track in Ames.

Nebraska 31 Rutgers 9. I was at the RAC in December of the 2015-16 season when then-#4 Nebraska was tied by Rutgers (Rutgers won by criteria). I know the propaganda from the banks of the Raritan is that they are headed in the right direction, but facts suggest otherwise. 2015-16 was the high water mark for the Scarlet Knights and it's been downhill since. In 2015-16, Rutgers beat North Carolina, Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah Valley (31-9), Cornell, Nebraska and Lehigh. They finished 5th in the B1G before shitting MSG at nationals.

This season they have beaten Fresno State, a couple of D3 teams, Appalachian State, Hofstra, Rider, Wisconsin (still scratching my head over that one) and Michigan State (22-20). They have lost to Utah Valley, Minnesota, OK State, Iowa (by the largest margin of defeat in 5 meetings) and Nebraska - with Princeton tomorrow, Purdue away and Michigan still to come.

Please, Lord, never let PSU move in the right direction, if Rutgers is really moving in the right direction.

Oklahoma State 24 Northern Iowa 9. Biggest surprise for me was Jacobe Smith beating Drew Foster 8-4. Kaid Brock lost to Josh Alber 4-3.

Ohio State 23 Illinois 14. Obviously, McKenna's replacement getting pinned had a big effect on the final result, as did Singletary not wrestling and "Pin Me" Rachal winning at 285.

NC State 23 Virginia 17. Even with a pin by Reenan at 184. I didn't expect it to be that close

VT 40 Finesilver Duke 3. All three Finesilvers that wrestled lost.

Iowa State 47 South Dakota State 0. Didn't expect that big a thumping. Dresser getting them on track in Ames.

Nebraska 31 Rutgers 9. I was at the RAC in December of the 2015-16 season when then-#4 Nebraska was tied by Rutgers (Rutgers won by criteria). I know the propaganda from the banks of the Raritan is that they are headed in the right direction, but facts suggest otherwise. 2015-16 was the high water mark for the Scarlet Knights and it's been downhill since. In 2015-16, Rutgers beat North Carolina, Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah Valley (31-9), Cornell, Nebraska and Lehigh. They finished 5th in the B1G before shitting MSG at nationals.

This season they have beaten Fresno State, a couple of D3 teams, Appalachian State, Hofstra, Rider, Wisconsin (still scratching my head over that one) and Michigan State (22-20). They have lost to Utah Valley, Minnesota, OK State, Iowa (by the largest margin of defeat in 5 meetings) and Nebraska - with Princeton tomorrow, Purdue away and Michigan still to come.

Please, Lord, never let PSU move in the right direction, if Rutgers is really moving in the right direction.
The Rutgers' posse will be along to scold you.

Reactions: danoftw and Ja1339
I really thought Donny as HC would make kids want to come to RU. But then I forgot the only kids that WANT to go to RU are NJ kids or NJ close kids.

Donny isnt a miracle worker. Even the greatest showman in wrestling cant put enough makeup on that pig to make it sexy.

I really thought Donny as HC would make kids want to come to RU. But then I forgot the only kids that WANT to go to RU are NJ kids or NJ close kids.

Donny isnt a miracle worker. Even the greatest showman in wrestling cant put enough makeup on that pig to make it sexy.
Just an opinion, but I haven't seen much from Rutgers that makes me believe when Pritzlaff gets the job there is going to be any results driven improvement.

Reactions: matter7172
Just an opinion, but I haven't seen much from Rutgers that makes me believe when Pritzlaff gets the job there is going to be any results driven improvement.

The scuttlebutt that I was told is that Pritzlaff wasn't interested in the Wisky position because he didn't want to be a HC. I don't know how reliable that info was, but Pritzlaff seemed to be a great fit for Wisconsin - 2-time NC returning to the program at which he earned the titles and Wisky certainly has a better wrestling tradition than does Rutgers.

The scuttlebutt that I was told is that Pritzlaff wasn't interested in the Wisky position because he didn't want to be a HC. I don't know how reliable that info was, but Pritzlaff seemed to be a great fit for Wisconsin - 2-time NC returning to the program at which he earned the titles and Wisky certainly has a better wrestling tradition than does Rutgers.
The Wisconsin program suffered a loss in recruits and results when he left, and I thought for sure Rutgers would improve. They did seem to improve for a bit, but if not for a sixth year for Ashnault and a 133 pound recruit from the PSU wrestling room they would be terrible thos year with no improvement in sight.

Reactions: danoftw
You and I agree, however even if not on here they scold you there. It is funny as hell, you are in their collective message board head.

It's another forum that calls anything contradicting the groupthink "trolling". Johnny Handsome, who is a pretty rational poster, just got called a troll today because he pointed out that the crowd at Rutgers hasn't led to results, which happens to be true.

RU with the worse case start. Princeton’s Glory with the pin. Feels like RU will lose the Joisey cup for the first time....

The Wisconsin program suffered a loss in recruits and results when he left, and I thought for sure Rutgers would improve. They did seem to improve for a bit, but if not for a sixth year for Ashnault and a 133 pound recruit from the PSU wrestling room they would be terrible thos year with no improvement in sight.

Perhaps they were banking on Cassar wanting to transfer and come home to Jersey ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT