ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Your Top 5 YouTube Channels

I don’t watch much YouTube and definitely can’t remember many channels names but “Speak the Truth” by Rob Lee gives a great unbiased rundown on what’s happening in the Ukraine Russia war or was it trading exercise lol.
And “1420” is this kid going around Russia interviewing people about Putin, the war, nato and the US. Shows that a ton of Russians don’t like what’s going on and aren’t afraid to say it on camera, while some are afraid, and others, mostly older folks, love Putin.

just the two I’ve seen the most recent and actually know what they’re called.

Finally a topic I can participate and no one will call me stupid.

1. CW Lemoine - F16, F18, T38 pilot. Interesting to me because....aviation. plus insight into how the military works (I did not serve.)
2. Ward Carroll - Former F14 RIO.
3. SLB Bourbon Bar - whiskey reviews.
4. BWI (the ON3 guys) - self explanatory.
5. Music - blues, classic rock. Seem to always end up listening to Beth Hart - helluva a vocalist. Enjoy most blues I've found.

You absolute buffoon

Finally a topic I can participate and no one will call me stupid.

1. CW Lemoine - F16, F18, T38 pilot. Interesting to me because....aviation. plus insight into how the military works (I did not serve.)
2. Ward Carroll - Former F14 RIO.
3. SLB Bourbon Bar - whiskey reviews.
4. BWI (the ON3 guys) - self explanatory.
5. Music - blues, classic rock. Seem to always end up listening to Beth Hart - helluva a vocalist. Enjoy most blues I've found.

Just kidding solid list

Since some folks have already mentioned some of my favorites, such as Mark Felton:

OE Fitness: Guy with a thick German accent reviews gym idiots (three inch movements, dangerous stuff) and screwballs that inject oil to produce grotesquely large and disproportionate muscles.

Pecos Hank: Storm Chaser. Goes after tornadoes. I was always sort of fascinated with them, but really became interested when I saw one in Mountaintop, PA in June 1981. Wife nixed planned "tornado tourism" after Tim Samaras was killed by the El Reno monster in 2013 and she decided I wasn't kidding about doing it.

Reed Timmer: Goes after tornadoes. Used to be on the cable channel show Storm Chasers with Samaras. A little hyperactive, but posts more than Hank.

Crazy Russian Hacker. Young Russian guy named Taras Kul reviews MREs, knives, kitchen gadgets, coins, camping gear, tools, all kinds of stuff. Has prepper/off the frib/EDC instincts. I find his itinerant interests and Russian accent while still figuring out the U.S. sort of fascinating. Also has an eponymous channel.

ExplainingComputers: An English guy named Chris (I think a college IT/Comp Sci prof) with a bowl shaped hair cut covers Single Board Computers like the Raspberry Pi, components, history operating systems, you name it. He really knows his stuff and covers it detail.

I see somebody mentioned C.W. Lemoine. I enjoy his channel, but I ticked him off.

He and a guest were going off endlessly about Catherine Bell. I wanted to say say dude, for crying out loud, I used to see women swoon at the Woodlands in Wilkes Barre, when fighter pilots came in wearing flight suits, you can do better and younger. I'm not Evelyn Woods, so never getting that off in a live stream.

So it was either "hey, she's into chicks now" or "what the hell is wrong with you, Karri Turner (Harriet) blows her away". I chose the former, it was shorter. I got an overwrought reaction. Whether he felt compelled to salute the rainbow flag or was just pissed because I screwed up his public fantasy, you decide.

Bonus picks: Steve1989, Nathan and Me Ancient all military ration MRE reviewers.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a podcast referenced here and liked it, hated it, etc?

its pouring and Im bored....so this is a good thread to pull up and from

I follow a number of topics...

I follow several fly tying channels. I like seeing new techniques and materials.

I follow several BBQ channels for ideas and recipies.recipes.

A bunch of bands and singers.

A couple gun reviewers.

Several sports channels that mainly post wrestling matches and old F1 races.

Reactions: Ski
SteelBuck 6 is cool to watch even though I know the outcome

ATHLEAN-X has tons of good info for folks who work out

NBA on TNT is always a fun watch, I was sure Shaq was a huge mistake when he first came on board! If you have HBO, they have a really great series on their whole crew

Old boxing matches are still cool to watch, I still get all charged up, haha! James Toney, the Toney-Jirov fight is a favorite

And anything on Ancient Greece or the Roman Empire fascinates me to no end. The parallels we can draw throughout history prove “history teaches us that we don’t learn from history,” ha!

NBA on TNT is always a fun watch, I was sure Shaq was a huge mistake when he first came on board! If you have HBO, they have a really great series on their whole crew

Old boxing matches are still cool to watch, I still get all charged up, haha! James Toney, the Toney-Jirov fight is a favorite

And anything on Ancient Greece or the Roman Empire fascinates me to no end. The parallels we can draw throughout history prove “history teaches us that we don’t learn from history,” ha!
Historia Civilis has some really interesting content on Greece and Rome

Reactions: ev_flores0331
I watch a lot of YouTube content at 1.5 or 1.25 playback speed. For most things you don't lose a thing.

I really like this thread because it just shows how much content is out there and how widespread people's interests are, even those having one common interest.
Very true, which is why I wanted to see what others enjoyed. There's so much content on YouTube and more getting added all the time. I've learned of some very interesting channels but only because of our posters on here. Thank you for all of the responses!

Reactions: ev_flores0331
Thank you for sharing your top 5 YouTube channels. It's always fun to discover new content. My list of channels can keep you interested and rid you of boredom. So, I love Vsauce's mind-blowing science and fascinating facts, and Casey Neistat's great vlogs and stories. I also love Bon Appétit's mouthwatering cooking content and The Try Guys' hilarious challenges and experiments. And if you're interested, you can visit my channel as I try to host humorous content. Unfortunately, my channel is not that popular yet as I just recently started, but I am trying to develop it and buy youtube views legit. Have fun watching and exploring these fantastic channels!

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
Since I cut the cord and dumped Live TV (post NCAA Wrestling until Football Season), I find myself watching more and more on YT.

I've once again gotten back into Vintage Baseball Cards and there is a ton of channels available on that topic, and sports cards in general. That got me to watching older baseball footage or related content. Just finished re-watching the 1975 World Series, one of the best ever.

I'm not into current baseball much, but anything 50's to early 80's interests me. Especially older cards. That said, if anyone wants to get rid of old cards, I could be a buyer. :)

ADHD Whiskey - Quirky funny guy, with a whiskey channel
Chef Jean-Pierre - French trained chef, provides a lot of secret chef techniques
Dr. Eric Westman - Keto Diet Doctor, assisted me from weighing 250LBS to my current weight of 175LBS
GunBlue490 - Taught me the proper technique to shoot a handgun
Sullivan Mason Random Vids - Penn State Wrestling Videos
The Outsider - Young guy and his father film building a small log cabin, from start to finish, in Ontario

Last edited:
ADHD Whiskey - Quirky funny guy, with a whiskey channel
Chef Jean-Pierre - French trained chef, provides a lot of secret chef techniques
Dr. Eric Westman - Keto Diet Doctor, assisted me from weighing 250LBS to my current weight of 175LBS
GunBlue490 - Taught me the proper technique to shoot a handgun
Sullivan Mason Random Vids - Penn State Wrestling Videos
The Outsider - Young guy and his father film building a small log cabin, from start to finish, in Ontario
2nd shoutout for Chef!

Reactions: NittanyLion84
I like sailing channels are there are several I watch at least semi-regularly.

SV Delos - Has gone from a party on the sea to a family sailing over the years. Has sailed every ocean and visited many many countries. They like to interact with locals to give a nice feel of where they are. The ultimate show of a cruising lifestyle. They also dive in some amazing spots including with sharks.

La Vagabonde - Riley and Elena from Australia. Like Delos, they have added a child and just recently a 2nd. Don't follow as closely as I used to, but their production is good. Riley does a lot of free diving and spear fishing. Less interaction with the locals, but beautiful locales. Recently have spent a lot of time in the Bahamas.

Sailing Doodles - Entertainment with lots of bikinis on women crew. Bobby is the constant and he beings on different crew from time to time. Always visiting in sunny places and changes boats on occasion. Currently in the Mediterranean.

MJ Sailing - Young couple from Michigan who sold everything and bought a boat (now in their 30s?). Not as exciting a couple or as good of a production (but not bad). They're very relatable. They sold their last boat and are currently doing custom building a catamaran. Lots of boat building footage the last 6 months or so.
There are many others out there.

There are many others... Some are more sailing oriented. Others focused on the boat, maintenance, fixing stuff, etc. Most are focused on sunny places like the Caribbean, but others in Europe/Med, near England/Scotland, etc.

Also watch various wrestling channels, college football and a lot of misc. crap.

Oh, and lately, been watching a few vids on scammers, namely tech people trying to catch them.

Mark Rober is interesting. Former NASA employee who can build cool gadgets. Only does 1 video a month, but they are entertaining and creative. Leading a group to stop/bust scammers, porch pirates, etc.

Jim Browning, Trilogy Media and Scammer Payback are others working against scammers and call centers in India. The combination of Rober, Browning and Trilogy just got a whole call center in India shut down last week, with at least 15 people arrested.
Add Expedition Evans, Gone with the Wynns, Sailing Uma, and The O’Kellys to your sailing. Sweet Ruca just completed the sail around Cape Horn.

Should’ve expected these lists after finding out all of you read your television, too lol

1. Tim Dillon Show
Tim rants like once a week and we see eye to eye on the dystopia we're forced to survive in lately.
2. Steve and Larson's Going In Raw
I don't have a ton of time to watch every episode of Raw, SmackDown, or Dynamite. They do a great job recapping with commentary and speculation.
3. Eater
IDK what "Mise en Place" means, but watching people perform cooking things that I know I couldn't mae at a high, high level is fascinating.
4. YMH Studios
Tom Segura's podcast outfit that I pretty much only watch 2 Bears 1 Cave on, but pretty religiously, lately. He and Bert make a great pair.
5. Soft White Underbelly
I think I heard about this on JRE or No Jumper, but it keeps life in perspective.

1. Tim Dillon Show
Tim rants like once a week and we see eye to eye on the dystopia we're forced to survive in lately.
I don't have a ton of time to watch every episode of Raw, SmackDown, or Dynamite. They do a great job recapping with commentary and speculation.
3. Eater
IDK what "Mise en Place" means, but watching people perform cooking things that I know I couldn't mae at a high, high level is fascinating.
4. YMH Studios
Tom Segura's podcast outfit that I pretty much only watch 2 Bears 1 Cave on, but pretty religiously, lately. He and Bert make a great pair.
5. Soft White Underbelly
I think I heard about this on JRE or No Jumper, but it keeps life in perspective.
Some good picks here friendo.

Reactions: CropDuster507
1. Tim Dillon Show
3. Eater
4. YMH Studios
5. Soft White Underbelly
2nd for Mise en Place! Great peek into some of the best kitchens in the US. It means "put in place" btw--and is the idea that you prep everything you possibly can before starting to cook--in a restaurant, it's supplying your stations, filleting the meat, chopping the onions, etc, before you ever turn a burner on, etc. Notice the show usually ends shortly after the restaurant opens ;-)

Looks like Nick Lee just caught a Tim Dillon show at the Hershey center (same place PA's states are held).

I have a buddy that insists that running cheap vodka through a Britta filter multiple times makes it just as good as the good stuff.

Reactions: nerfstate
Rob BassMaster-bass fishing
Dan Becker-backpacking
The Hodge Twins-comedic comments regarding politics and current events
Fanco-wrestling
KYAfield-Kentucky Afield

I subscribe to that. I have similar tastes to this dude. So I watch his stuff.
I subscribe to The Mashed Drum as well. For those that decide to watch ADHD Whiskey videos, make sure to watch all the way to the end, his “Like I always say keep your head in the clouds, but your mind on…..” this closing segment, of his videos, is usually pretty funny.

Since I'm pretty bored, I'm curious as to what your favorite YouTube channels are. So here are mine in no particular order:

Peter Santenello - this guy travels around the country and does awesome interviews with some unique people and situations. Peter is very neutral and unbiased and he does a great job with the questions. He's exposed me to stuff I normally would never see. And I get a better understanding and respect for people and situations I was previously unfamiliar with.

Ghost Town Living - an entrepreneur bought a ghost town a couple years ago in California and he moved out there by himself. He documents his undertakings, projects, and day to day life. He does a lot of exploring and adds some personal reflection. Pretty cool stuff and his videos are very well done.

Hobo Shoestring - a hobo for over 30 years started filming himself and his journeys. He's pretty much a loner, but it's cool to see how he lives and hear his stories. Age is catching up with him in recent years and he has to do things he never thought he'd do. Lots of cool scenery and places that he camps at.

Fascinating Horror - short 10 minute retellings of actual events that occurred in history all over the world that were catastrophic in nature. Fires, accidents, anything disaster related. Very factual.

Disaster Compilations - using real amateur clips, videos of tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, landslides, tsunamis and the like from all over the world are put together in one video. Some very interesting stuff of some very recent events.

Just FYI, I think it's best to watch Hobo and Ghost Town from oldest video to newest.
The Hunting Public - best hunting channel on YouTube

Leatherwood Outdoors - best PENNSYLVANIAN hunting channel on YouTube

Part-Time Explorer - fabulous retellings of historical events, especially maritime disasters; the quality of his research, production, and so on is simply superb

Weather Box - I like meteorology

America's Untold Stories - great resource, particularly for the REAL story of the JFK assassination

Reactions: PSU Yinzer

Part-Time Explorer - fabulous retellings of historical events, especially maritime disasters; the quality of his research, production, and so on is simply superb

America's Untold Stories - great resource, particularly for the REAL story of the JFK assassination
Here is Part-Time Explorer's awesome video on our PA legend, Centralia

Those of you from northwestern PA and eastern Ohio may enjoy this presentation on the May 30-31 1985 tornado outbreak

SteelBuck 6 is one of the few Ohio State fans I really like. The dude responds to requests pretty well too. He actually posted the 1994 Penn State-Ohio State game.

Mine depend on the time of year, but usually consist of the following:

Junkyard Digs- dude from Iowa who revives old, derelict vehicles and explains how to troubleshoot each issue. Thankfully not an Iowa grad, he graduated from Iowa State and chose to continue his YouTube channel rather than take a job as an engineer. He makes some wild stuff run.

Seek One- hunting channel based in GA. The main guys hunt in suburban Atlanta and kill some monstrous deer. They’ve expanded their material in recent years to include turkey hunting and hunting as far north as Ohio.

Midwest Whitetail- similar deal to Seek One except based throughout Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, etc. Crazy to see the difference in deer from there to the deer here in PA.

The Hunting Public- true blue hardcore hunters. They hunt literally everywhere and usually find success. If I remember right, the co-owner of THP (Aaron Warbritton) gained a lot of his knowledge when he was an intern with Midwest Whitetail.

Vice Grip Garage/Dylan McCool- similar concept to Junkyard Digs. All three are actually friends. McCool is a big Mopar guy, VGG does a little bit of everything. Both love things that go fast.

Honorable Mention:

Hoonigan- a crew of guys who love everything that goes fast. Their “This vs That” and “Hoonigan vs the World” series are killer. Lots of cars, trucks, and even a heavily modified side by side face off in a best 2 out of 3 drag race on an unprepped landing strip for nothing more than bragging rights. It’s wild to see the things people do with their vehicles mechanically.
Updated tweak to list: a new tie for 5th. VGG gets bumped to HM. Pole Barn Garage is tied with Dylan McCool on my top 5. PBG is a guy named Dalton who is based out of northern Missouri. Similar concept to JYD, VGG, and McCool: make stuff run that probably shouldn’t run. The difference is more sarcasm and an undying love for self tapping screws. He gained a lot of attention from his Holy Goat series where he bought an old GTO out of a junkyard in TX for next to nothing and got it running because people told him he couldn’t. It looked like Swiss cheese after being used as target practice by a pair of good ol’ boys for a lot of years. He not only made it run and drive, he took it to a legitimate car show when it was done as a gag. The car got worst in show, but garnered a ton of attention

Here’s the entire Holy Goat series condensed into one 55 minute video:

Last edited:

I am a PSU Meteo grad and have never heard of weather box. Do you have a link?

Diego Correlas vs Jose Luis Castillo. I will always remember where I was when I watched that fight. If all boxing matches were like that ufc wouldn’t even be a thing.
Wow... me too!! Boxing was always my first passion. I have been to countless fights all over and lots of great memories. It is a damn shame what boxing has become. I do not even follow it anymore because no one wants to take chances anymore. I watched it in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, kind of gave up on it like at least 6 years or so ago.

My top 5 fights i ever saw live on TV off the top of my head(in no particular order), probably miss a few since i do not think about it much anymore.

Castillo-Corrales
Moorer-Bert Cooper
Meldrick Taylor- Chavez 1
Ward-Gatti 1
Hagler-Hearns

Sure I am missing so many more.

ADVERTISEMENT