OT - Your Top 5 YouTube Channels

Rick Sanchez

Feb 23, 2022
I don’t watch much YouTube and definitely can’t remember many channels names but “Speak the Truth” by Rob Lee gives a great unbiased rundown on what’s happening in the Ukraine Russia war or was it trading exercise lol.
And “1420” is this kid going around Russia interviewing people about Putin, the war, nato and the US. Shows that a ton of Russians don’t like what’s going on and aren’t afraid to say it on camera, while some are afraid, and others, mostly older folks, love Putin.

just the two I’ve seen the most recent and actually know what they’re called.

SpikingWhamos

Aug 26, 2015
Finally a topic I can participate and no one will call me stupid.

1. CW Lemoine - F16, F18, T38 pilot. Interesting to me because....aviation. plus insight into how the military works (I did not serve.)
2. Ward Carroll - Former F14 RIO.
3. SLB Bourbon Bar - whiskey reviews.
4. BWI (the ON3 guys) - self explanatory.
5. Music - blues, classic rock. Seem to always end up listening to Beth Hart - helluva a vocalist. Enjoy most blues I've found.

You absolute buffoon

SpikingWhamos

Aug 26, 2015
Finally a topic I can participate and no one will call me stupid.

1. CW Lemoine - F16, F18, T38 pilot. Interesting to me because....aviation. plus insight into how the military works (I did not serve.)
2. Ward Carroll - Former F14 RIO.
3. SLB Bourbon Bar - whiskey reviews.
4. BWI (the ON3 guys) - self explanatory.
5. Music - blues, classic rock. Seem to always end up listening to Beth Hart - helluva a vocalist. Enjoy most blues I've found.

Just kidding solid list

Pitchfork Rebel

Feb 20, 2020
Since some folks have already mentioned some of my favorites, such as Mark Felton:

OE Fitness: Guy with a thick German accent reviews gym idiots (three inch movements, dangerous stuff) and screwballs that inject oil to produce grotesquely large and disproportionate muscles.

Pecos Hank: Storm Chaser. Goes after tornadoes. I was always sort of fascinated with them, but really became interested when I saw one in Mountaintop, PA in June 1981. Wife nixed planned "tornado tourism" after Tim Samaras was killed by the El Reno monster in 2013 and she decided I wasn't kidding about doing it.

Reed Timmer: Goes after tornadoes. Used to be on the cable channel show Storm Chasers with Samaras. A little hyperactive, but posts more than Hank.

Crazy Russian Hacker. Young Russian guy named Taras Kul reviews MREs, knives, kitchen gadgets, coins, camping gear, tools, all kinds of stuff. Has prepper/off the frib/EDC instincts. I find his itinerant interests and Russian accent while still figuring out the U.S. sort of fascinating. Also has an eponymous channel.

ExplainingComputers: An English guy named Chris (I think a college IT/Comp Sci prof) with a bowl shaped hair cut covers Single Board Computers like the Raspberry Pi, components, history operating systems, you name it. He really knows his stuff and covers it detail.

I see somebody mentioned C.W. Lemoine. I enjoy his channel, but I ticked him off.

He and a guest were going off endlessly about Catherine Bell. I wanted to say say dude, for crying out loud, I used to see women swoon at the Woodlands in Wilkes Barre, when fighter pilots came in wearing flight suits, you can do better and younger. I'm not Evelyn Woods, so never getting that off in a live stream.

So it was either "hey, she's into chicks now" or "what the hell is wrong with you, Karri Turner (Harriet) blows her away". I chose the former, it was shorter. I got an overwrought reaction. Whether he felt compelled to salute the rainbow flag or was just pissed because I screwed up his public fantasy, you decide.

Bonus picks: Steve1989, Nathan and Me Ancient all military ration MRE reviewers.

Last edited:

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Has anyone tried a podcast referenced here and liked it, hated it, etc?

its pouring and Im bored....so this is a good thread to pull up and from

PAgeologist

Jan 8, 2017
Lilly, PA
I follow a number of topics...

I follow several fly tying channels. I like seeing new techniques and materials.

I follow several BBQ channels for ideas and recipies.recipes.

A bunch of bands and singers.

A couple gun reviewers.

Several sports channels that mainly post wrestling matches and old F1 races.

Reactions: Ski

ev_flores0331

Mar 7, 2016
SteelBuck 6 is cool to watch even though I know the outcome

ATHLEAN-X has tons of good info for folks who work out

NBA on TNT is always a fun watch, I was sure Shaq was a huge mistake when he first came on board! If you have HBO, they have a really great series on their whole crew

Old boxing matches are still cool to watch, I still get all charged up, haha! James Toney, the Toney-Jirov fight is a favorite

And anything on Ancient Greece or the Roman Empire fascinates me to no end. The parallels we can draw throughout history prove “history teaches us that we don’t learn from history,” ha!

Phantom of the Palestra

Aug 21, 2018
SteelBuck 6 is cool to watch even though I know the outcome

ATHLEAN-X has tons of good info for folks who work out

NBA on TNT is always a fun watch, I was sure Shaq was a huge mistake when he first came on board! If you have HBO, they have a really great series on their whole crew

Old boxing matches are still cool to watch, I still get all charged up, haha! James Toney, the Toney-Jirov fight is a favorite

And anything on Ancient Greece or the Roman Empire fascinates me to no end. The parallels we can draw throughout history prove “history teaches us that we don’t learn from history,” ha!
Historia Civilis has some really interesting content on Greece and Rome

Reactions: ev_flores0331

nittinsc

Aug 21, 2017
I watch a lot of YouTube content at 1.5 or 1.25 playback speed. For most things you don't lose a thing.

backdrft76

Sep 7, 2012
I really like this thread because it just shows how much content is out there and how widespread people's interests are, even those having one common interest.
Very true, which is why I wanted to see what others enjoyed. There's so much content on YouTube and more getting added all the time. I've learned of some very interesting channels but only because of our posters on here. Thank you for all of the responses!

Reactions: ev_flores0331