ADVERTISEMENT

OT: You can only add two toppings...

Don't underestimate Mayo on a hot dog... Doug Heffernan taught us that years ago on King Of Queens!

Totally breaking the two topping rule but I do prefer my dogs Chicago Style ... yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, tomato wedges, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. Hot dog charred slightly.

Simple...fresh-cut onions and Katchup. If one, I'd have had to choose the chili sauce from this little place in New Castle named Coney Island. My son, who lives in Columbus goes back to PSU games when he can and takes the detour to get a Coney Island Chilli dog.

ugh. yuuuuuuck

Reactions: Obliviax
French's Yellow and raw onions ........ but not really a fan of them. Burnt on the grille is the only way I can do them:)

• Sad
Reactions: TheGLOV
Chili & Cheese or Chili & Onions.

From The Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe plz.

screenshot-2016-02-03.jpg
I haven’t been to the Brighton Hotdog Shoppe in forever (a staple of my youth), but great call on the chili & cheese dog…also a winning combination on their most excellent fries

I haven’t been to the Brighton Hotdog Shoppe in forever (a staple of my youth), but great call on the chili & cheese dog…also a winning combination on their most excellent fries

Going back to Beaver Co. in July for the first time in probably two years. Will be on the list of places I go for sure.

Going back to Beaver Co. in July for the first time in probably two years. Will be on the list of places I go for sure.
What part of BC are you from? I grew up in the sticks of New Sewickley Twp. Went to Freedom HS, even though I could throw a rock into Cranberry from my Mom’s front yard.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Two toppings isn't enough. Need three. Mustard, chili sauce, and diced onion on an Abe's hot dog in Wilkes Barre.

Reactions: Fac
I use Mustard and Ketchup together.

As much as I love relish and sauerkraut I must stay away or else I will suffer badly for the rest of the day.

Reactions: Midnighter2
SIAP I think this counts as two: Sauer Frau Squeezable Sauerkraut – Craft Beer Mustard

I picked up a bottle from the "local" deli. It was better than expected. I actually kind of like it. Bought a squeezable bottle of the sauerkraut as well, but haven't opened it yet. It (the sauerkraut/ mustard mix) went well with some Nathan's dogs that I had in the frig. Nice to know I can go with one container instead of two. That is my laziness speaking.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
SIAP I think this counts as two: Sauer Frau Squeezable Sauerkraut – Craft Beer Mustard

I picked up a bottle from the "local" deli. It was better than expected. I actually kind of like it. Bought a squeezable bottle of the sauerkraut as well, but haven't opened it yet. It (the sauerkraut/ mustard mix) went well with some Nathan's dogs that I had in the frig. Nice to know I can go with one container instead of two. That is my laziness speaking.
I tried both in similar fashion and was more than pleasantly surprised. Wasn’t expecting much from bottled kraut, but it clearly exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Perfect hot dog #1: In the valley down each side of the hot dog and the bun, string one long bead of spicy brown mustard on one side, and one long bead of ketchup on the other side. On the hot dog itself, now surrounded by the strings of mustard and ketchup, top liberally with fresh chopped sweet onions. Perfection on a bun.

Perfect hot dog #2: Like some previous replies, a good German mustard and some warm sauerkraut, with the hot dog and the sauerkraut having been steeped in beer.

In WVa they put cole slaw on their hot dogs (hello soggy buns!)>
slaw-dogs-with-buttermilk-coleslaw.jpg
If you haven’t tried this, you are missing out? This is my answer. Yellow mustard and slaw. No better way to eat a dog… southern style!

Simple...fresh-cut onions and Katchup. If one, I'd have had to choose the chili sauce from this little place in New Castle named Coney Island. My son, who lives in Columbus goes back to PSU games when he can and takes the detour to get a Coney Island Chilli dog.
There's been a place in Johnstown forever called Coney Island and their chili sauce is amazing as well

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT