ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Woods needs to make a statement this weekend at Jack's tournament

Hopefully that statement doesn't include the words "withdrawn due to injury"

I'm not a Tiger guy, but he undoubtedly makes things more interesting.

Tiger will certainly add viewers. Look forward to seeing Jack stop by the booth.

Furyk has had a nice stretch of consistent golf going back to the end of last season. He doesn't have the flash or firepower that some of the other guys in the top 10 possess, but he's a grinder who's always on the first page of the leaderboard.

Tiger had two major on course issues that he needs to overcome if he wants to be a consistent top 10 player again. One is that he is way too inconsistent off the tee and fights a two-way miss with his driver. You just can't compete on the PGA tour if you are as erratic off the tee as Tiger.
His second problem is his short game. It used to be that no one scrambled like Woods. Now he is a below average in that area and isn't able to recover from mistakes like in years past.
While injuries certainly derailed his career, ultimately I think his switch to that Shawn Foley modified stack-and-tilt swing set him back years.

I believe Tiger will be another "Mike Tyson".. He will continue to fight to get back to the top, but he will ultimately be TKO'ed. Another super star that just hits the wall..

Ken Griffey Jr. might be the baseball version

While injuries certainly derailed his career, ultimately I think his switch to that Shawn Foley modified stack-and-tilt swing set him back years.

Never truly understood Tiger's incessant need to tinker, especially undergoing such a massive upheaval like moving to the stack and tilt after so long. Was doing just fine (mechanically) with Harmon/Haney.

Never truly understood Tiger's incessant need to tinker, especially undergoing such a massive upheaval like moving to the stack and tilt after so long. Was doing just fine (mechanically) with Harmon/Haney.

That is just his nature. He is searching for perfection is a sport where it is impossible.

Other players look to improve but for him improvement is not enough. Now all the Trackman, launch monitors and other measureable feedback you can he will never stop and just play golf instead of playing golf swing.

ADVERTISEMENT