ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Women's BB Tourney - UConn wins "Sweet 16" game by 51!

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
UConn's success is staggering and admirable. Unfortunately, it kind of makes it hard for people, even fans of the women's game, to get excited about the Women's BB Tournament. It's possible that they could lose. At this point, it would be a monumental upset though.

UConn has too much ammo for Texas.

UConn is 60-2 in its last 62 games in March. Auriemma is 100-17 in
the tournament. UConn's largest Sweet 16 win before Saturday was a
38-point victory over Iowa State in 2010.

And it was the first time UConn scored 100 points in a tournament game since scoring 105 against Idaho in 2013.

There's
a long history of Auriemma's team racing to blowout victories, so the
performance against Texas was not unique. But even Auriemma was
impressed.

This post was edited on 3/29 8:31 AM by mn78psu83

U Conn does everything on a basketball court well - a joy to watch

The team never stops hustling and plays aggressive and near perfect offense AND defense. The skill sets of their five starters blend together so perfectly that, when hitting on all cylinders as they did yesterday vs. Texas, they are about as close to being an "unstoppable" team, men's or woman's, that I've ever seen.

Geno pushes all the right buttons 24/7 and his players always peak in March. I just love to watch them play. U Conn basketball means doing it right and doing it 100% for 40 minutes. They're "scary good".

Re: Dammit!!!! I had Texas and 50.... *******

Texas is so close!

UConn still has one of the best fanbases in the country but even they are getting bored. They used to have packed houses now I think they just make sure to reserve their Final 4 tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT