ADVERTISEMENT

OT: With less cars on the road, is it my imagination or...

We live not too far from I-71--and I can hear some cars (maybe some bikes too) hitting high RPMs fairly often.

I haven't been out much but the people driving down my street seem to be driving slower than normal. Almost like nobody really has anyplace to go.

that has actually been my experience as well … had about a 45 minute drive the other day & it was like everyone was driving miss daisy

Reactions: hlstone and psu00
Likewise. Every day to and from work. That really isn't what bothers me. It's the people that merge violently in front of you without signalling or giving any consideration of what speed I am going. Just had someone do a three lane no look merge without signal. Slow start then sped up rapidly once in the hammer lane.
I affectionately refer to those types of drivers as Robert N Weaver or Richard Cranium

Reactions: STPGopherfan
well, i was waiting at a redlight last night with zero traffic feeling like I was a slave to the robots. But there a sat, staring at that red light waiting for some array of transistors to tell me when I can go. The urge to take off was clearly there although I didn't. I feel bad about that.
On my way to work, I go past a high school, and it still has the flashing yellows on every day. 20 MPH for about 1 mile along that stretch. I get in the right lane and do my 20, but people are flying in the left doing their 60 (marked 45 when not flashing). My brain still won't let my foot speed in a school zone. No idea what the rules are, but with no traffic, they end up at the red light 20 seconds ahead of me.

Reactions: hlstone
That’s the benefit of traffic circles - they are great for the vast majority of times and locations - no stopping at 11 at night. Just power down into it and go up the gears going out of it. One thing I love about driving in Europe - bombing through traffic circles with a stick shift
Except when they are in Jersey and people can't figure our what the rules are or just don't care - they have removed most of them now though.

On my way to work, I go past a high school, and it still has the flashing yellows on every day. 20 MPH for about 1 mile along that stretch. I get in the right lane and do my 20, but people are flying in the left doing their 60 (marked 45 when not flashing). My brain still won't let my foot speed in a school zone. No idea what the rules are, but with no traffic, they end up at the red light 20 seconds ahead of me.
OMG, you're one of them!

Reactions: CentexLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT