ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Which bank offers the best savings account?

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Looking for highest possible interest (which I realize is an oxymoron, but this isn't an investment account) with lowest possible fees and maximum accessibility and convenience. TIA.

Looking for highest possible interest (which I realize is an oxymoron, but this isn't an investment account) with lowest possible fees and maximum accessibility and convenience. TIA.

Just switched from HSBC to Ally Bank. Great Customer Service and they pay above average rates. They also have higher CD rates.

Goldman Sachs has an online bank they bought from GE. The do business as Marcus.com. Their no-fee savings account currently has a 1.85% rate. I've used it for a couple years and have no complaints about service or ease of use for their web interface.

I am using capone, 1.85% > $10k. Has been consistently rising on its own, ie, no need to have to contact to get the rate to keep up with the market. Totally on-line, been seamless moving money back and forth to checking account. They are running promo now, new money gets a $500 bonus, I think it takes $50k.
Good luck

I am using capone, 1.85% > $10k. Has been consistently rising on its own, ie, no need to have to contact to get the rate to keep up with the market. Totally on-line, been seamless moving money back and forth to checking account. They are running promo now, new money gets a $500 bonus, I think it takes $50k.
Good luck

I’d be nervous.....Al Capone?

I recently received an e-mail from Prince Alyusi Islassis and he highly recommends the Central Bank of Nigeria in Lagos. This guy even provides instructions on how to transfer your funds to this esteemed financial institution.

nigerian-prince.jpg

I can forward the details if you like, just PM me with your e-mail address. If you also provide your account info and PIN, I’ll just go ahead and make the transfer for you. I found the process to be a little awkward but, now that I have the hang of it, I can save you the aggravation. I await your reply!

Last edited:
Those websites that rate banks and CU tend to miss some of the local CU's. There's a local credit union that is offering 3% on checking accounts up to 25k, not bad. But.... you have to have a direct deposit set up AND you have to use their debit card 25 times a month!!

Thanks, team. Went with Marcus by Goldman Sachs, but Ally was extremely tempting. The online resources you all provided proved invaluable, per usual.

Update: Just learned that Marcus does not offer a mobile app so now I wish I went with Ally.

Schwab about 1.9% money market

I love Schwab because they really are fee-free. Full ATM reimbursement. No 3% overseas transaction fee, and then even reimburse ATM withdrawals overseas.

I'm sure they run Schwab Bank as a loss leader to funnel customers into their investment products, but they don't do any hard sell at all.

ADVERTISEMENT