ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What's your BWI Popularity Index??

That wasn't my intent, but thank you.
From now on I'm just going to like all of your posts. Your popularity will soar. You are a clever marketer and I like that too. Low keying your popularity will garner you more likes.
That wasn't my intent, but thank you.
Geez. Youz guys are almost too likeable
Some of you have too much time on your keyboard, it took me 12 years to register 800 or so posts and I have 1 like.....whoever liked me, must be crazy.
Now you're on a roll!

People who pontificate really are the ones that have the MOST time on their hands and are definitely narcissistic in nature. That is an assumption that has held true over time.

Individuals who use assumptions to validate their points seem to be very fragile in nature and need to validate their strength by feeling dominate; hence their desire to come up with mathematical computations to validate their position and thus perceive a pleasurable experience in their mind. They need this board 'fix' like a heroine addict needs theirs.

Last edited:
I do know that you have taken some flak that I thought was unjustified, but I guess that happens to us all.

"When I started posting here I did it with the intention that it would be a diversion from the pressures of everyday life."

I'm just a one liner & a cut/past picture type of poster....if I'm reading a post and a think of something that would make me giggle, I like to share. I work alone, so a giggle now & then rally makes a day. as far as the "flack" goes, I worked in the construction field for around 15 plus years after my days at Michael Baker. I never backed away form adversity, there were many a superintendent and foreman angry with me over the years, threaten to be hung over the parapet of a bridge, so many times escaped grave injury from construction activity. many times being the scape goat for foreman screw ups, always one step ahead for the, etc. etc...

Forgot to mention to you my other grandson, Jobie, is starting his senior year @ Penn state in Washington D.C. He intends to study law and was selected to an internship type of program in conjunction w/UCLA. 130 students were initially selected and Jobie was one of the 30 finalist for the program. For the next six months he'll be working with persons from offices of the AG, White House & lobbyists. I don't know the name of the program but will ask Jobie. He's working many hours a week so I rarely see him.

Last edited:
From now on I'm just going to like all of your posts. Your popularity will soar. You are a clever marketer and I like that too. Low keying your popularity will garner you more likes.

Then how will I really know if you like one of posts? I'll be forced to sign up for a new nickname, something you would never connect with my current nickname... I'm thinking "Cruising Route 66"... is that available?

Since some people need to be reminded that this is a sports-board forum, it is only natural to have less 'likes' if you post "pro" threads about your favorite team that may run counter to other board members and their favorite teams.

Case in point: You are a Steelers fan and you post pro Steeler articles and such. Since there are 31 other teams in addition to yours, you stand a much greater chance of not receiving any likes from posters who fancy any of the 31 other teams. Your potential pool of receiving 'likes' is greatly diminished. Naturally, many of your likes would only come from people who also favor your team.

The same can be said of people who post their musical tastes or political views.

It has nothing to do with how you spend your time and that surely also cannot be translated into also having to much time on your hands. A hypothesis like this has no chance, statistically or not, of having any merit. Ever!!

Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: step.eng69
I've got to like that one!

Now, if you would have posted this on the TOSU board, I doubt you would receive any 'likes' at all and would probably be quickly banned!

I must say that your post IS time well spent sir!

:):):);););):):):)
I liked it too and then had to like that you liked it. Where's Bushwood CC? He should like it too!

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
I liked it too and then had to like that you liked it. Where's Bushwood CC? He should like it too!

What a great mutual admiration society we got going here!

But, lets not get too narcissistic with ourselves! This is probably a 'closed' group and we might get black-balled if we applied for membership!

0...everyone hates my posts

sad-walk-o.gif

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just 'liked' cronk's post.

All this while I wait for 'side-runner' boards to be installed on my Toyota 4-Runner Trail.

My God!! Am I spending my time correctly here? It's a matter of opinion is all.

I bet the Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Mazda, & Kia folks are mad as hell about me.

Doubt I'll get any 'likes' from them.

:D

Reactions: cronk
What a great mutual admiration society we got going here!

But, lets not get too narcissistic with ourselves! This is probably a 'closed' group and we might get black-balled if we applied for membership!

Good ambiance to your relationship fellows, sort of reminds of the touchy-feely kind where in every one ……maybe the wrong phrasing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT