ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What was your favorite line(s) from Blazing Saddles?

Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word "draw" in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it, mister!" I spun around... and there I was, face to face with a six-year old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.

tumblr_miqsks1aIJ1rk2l6oo1_500.jpg

"Of course you'll have the good taste not to mention that I spoke to you."

"Of course."

Reactions: simons96
When Mel Brooks as the Indian chief rode up on the black family stagecoach as it was making its way westward: "They darker than us!"

I shall now read from the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke.............and duck!

tumblr_miqsks1aIJ1rk2l6oo1_500.jpg

"Of course you'll have the good taste not to mention that I spoke to you."

"Of course."
This lady also was the person that the Sherriff initially saw walking down the street and said hello to and told her to have a nice day. Her response was........."Up Yours N****r!"

I don't think this movie should be shown in Ferguson, MO anytime soon :)

Lilly VonSchtoop while on stage, looking down at a cowboy: "Hello handsome. Is that a ten gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show!"

"Than get you fwiggin feet of the stage!"

"Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys! Have a good nights sleep? I missed you!"

Mel Brooks as an Indian speaking Yiddish.

The whole scene with Madeline Kahn singing, "I'm Tired."

"Yes, but I shoot with this hand."

"Who can argue with genuine frontier gibberish like that?"

Reactions: Jerademan74
"Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys! Have a good nights sleep? I missed you!"

Mel Brooks as an Indian speaking Yiddish.

The whole scene with Madeline Kahn singing, "I'm Tired."

"Yes, but I shoot with this hand."

"Who can argue with genuine frontier gibberish like that?"
Me Brooks pulls up on his horse on a carriage and looks around and says....' Shvatsas, Law-se-gain". In Yiddish, this means.........Blacks, let them go.

Just before that same scene, the Sherriff was explaining how his family travelled with the white folks saying......." we travelled in our own circles", and the film shows the black cowboys going around on their horse and carriages in continual small circles going nowhere :)

The bit where the Gov is trying to put his pen back in the holder and Hedy ("that's Hedley") Lamarr tells him to "remember your secretary"... and the pen goes right in the holder.

ADVERTISEMENT