ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What was your favorite line(s) from Blazing Saddles?

"No, thank you. Fifteen is my limit on schnitzengruben." It's much funnier with Lili Von Schtupp doing or saying anything to get Sheriff Bart to stick around.

Reactions: Zenophile
IIRC, when Korman enters the theatre to escape the authorities, he stops for some raisenettes and jujubes, first. That cracked me up the first time I saw the film.

I think Mel Brooks was a comedic genius. Good wholesome humor. He was on Bill Maher last year. Still funny

Bart: Are we awake?

Jim: We're not sure. Are we... black?

Bart: Yes, we are.

Jim: Then we're awake... but we're very puzzled.
This just made me laugh remembering the scene! I don't think there was any movie that had as many funny lines as Blazing Saddles. It definitely would not be well accepted if it had just been released today based on racial sensitivities, but it made fun of everyone equally! The scene when the Sherriff is riding into town and the watch guard kept being sounded out by the church bell was just hilarious!

Mongo only pawn in game of life.
Is that a 10 gallon hat or are you enjoying the show?
I didn't get a hurrumpf out of you, watch your ass!
Civil Service!

Governor LePetomaine (Mel Brooks) is distracted by his secretary (Robyn Hilton) . . . .

"The affairs of state must take precedence over the affairs of state".

I extend to you a laurel and hardy handshake.

He said the sheriff is near.

And my next impersonation ... Jesse Owens.

Where are the white women at?

Reactions: Zenophile
There were many great classic lines!!!
"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists."

"Could you repeat that sir?"

One of my favorite comedies!

The quicksand scene was always one of my favs.

And, yes, Brooks is a genius. But it doesn't hurt to have Richard Pryor as one of your cowriters for the movie.

"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists."

"Could you repeat that sir?"

IOW... the BOT and our very favorite emmert & his aholes...

"We don't need no stinking badges!"

Outlaw giving his qualifications: Rape, armed robbery, assault, rape.

Headley: "You said rape twice.

Outlaw: "I like rape."

Gabby Johnson on the roof spots the sheriff: "The sheriff is a n....r!"
Townspeople: "What he say?" Answer: "He said the sheriff is near."

Gabby: "Nodagnammit dogvarmit! I said the sheriff is a n....r!"

Howard Johnson...all the townsmen were named Johnson....at the church..."Women stampeded, cattle raped."

The woman who was reading to the townspeople the letter she was sendng to the Gov. Her last line: "Just goes to prove, that you are the leading asshole in the state!".....She coulda sent the same letter to One-Term Tommy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT