ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What do you think Kapernick and Co. settled for?

You'd have to assume that he already missed 2 years ($30M), and depreciate from there. I think $50M is in the ballpark.

Geragos has a number he wanted to see. He got it.

Kap won't starve, nor his grandchildren.

Did the NFL ever suspend/fine/discipline this kid in any way?
I really don’t know...... not something I would spend a lot of time on.

If not, why in the name of Sweet Jeebzus would they pay Kaepernick anything?
I would guess, similar reasons our BoT unloaded large sums of cash to "victims"....
Keep the knowledge in Pandora's Box.

Did the NFL ever suspend/fine/discipline this kid in any way?
I really don’t know...... not something I would spend a lot of time on.

If not, why in the name of Sweet Jeebzus would they pay Kaepernick anything?

They put out the word that no one - no team should offer him. There's little doubt he'd have been better than 25 backups and 10 starters. Redskins last year are a pretty significant example of a team that might have at least brought him in for a try.

I understand people not agreeing with him, but hate?

It's not like he was a cowardly draft dodger or something.
images

LOL, boy Rip, you're really a grumpy old curmudgeon. :cool:

Tell the truth only to those that can handle the truth.

I still have great expectations ,,, Step. No matter how many times those expectations are dashed. 2 months ago, my disabled son was put on a medication that has been reversing his brain damage at an incredible rate. Expectations are he will be able to become a self sufficient person after about 6 months of treatment with this medication. he will require a yet to be determined maintenance dose. He has been taking the medication in a trial which ends in a few weeks. His prescription drug company has been sitting on his pre-auth for the medication for two weeks without a response. I have great expectations for his future. Unfortunately, we will probably have to move off shore for him to have a life.

Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness and Free Speech is what made me serve. the first three cannot stand, as I see it, without number 4. These days the first three are unattainable for too many folks... and a wealthy few abuse free speech.... like screaming fire in a theater..... Although I never have had a grumpy day in my life, I admit to being both a Curmudgeon and a bit or a relic in these times..... by just speaking my mind. I have always preferred Samuel Clemens over Sam Adams. :)

Last edited:
Really! That sounds bizarre.

When and how did they do that?
Not a story I’m an authority on - but that sounds kooky.
It's a very long story. When this all happened, Trump spoke & tweeted on it.

He's pals with at least Kraft & Jerry Jones, and met with them personally shortly after that.

Those 2 and others were deposed by Geragos, who has stated (while under gag order) that if he hypothetically had deposed those two people, that he has no reason to think are not honest, that the depositions of those two alone would constitute evidence of collusion (not that those 2 would need Kap on their teams).

You'd have to dig deep into what Geragos has said/not said to fully "get it"

Add to that the prima facia that we have all sort of QB metrics, and by any measure, Kap is qualified to be in the league (at least 2 years ago). A head-to-head vs. Sanchez is a fairly good example.

I understand people not agreeing with him, but hate?

It's not like he was a cowardly draft dodger or something.
Would you agree to kill people just because you’re told they are the enemy? If so, you’d be a fool. We haven’t had a just war since WW 2.

Reactions: ralphster
No need to get political- there were lots of draft dodgers back in the day- oddly (or not), many of them are Chickenhawks now. I detest all of them, whatever their politics might be.

With all the draft dodgers who ran to Canada and were later pardoned by Jimmy Carter, i can't remember any of them to this day acknowledging their defection. Go to show the cowardice of their deed.
If a war were to happen in the future , i'm afraid the current generation will not answer to the call, fortunately we have a nuclear arsenal.

No need to get political- there were lots of draft dodgers back in the day- oddly (or not), many of them are Chickenhawks now. I detest all of them, whatever their politics might be.

I’m surprised to hear such ignorance from you.

With all the draft dodgers who ran to Canada and were later pardoned by Jimmy Carter, i can't remember any of them to this day acknowledging their defection. Go to show the cowardice of their deed.
If a war were to happen in the future , i'm afraid the current generation will not answer to the call, fortunately we have a nuclear arsenal.
Yeah, Vietnam was a good idea.

At least those guys took a stand- and were willing to pay a price.

The guys with multiple deferments, fake doctors excuses and those who used inside connections to get into closed Guard units were worse, imo.

The guys with multiple deferments, fake doctors excuses and those who used inside connections to get into closed Guard units were worse, imo.
I love the fact that after everything he can be bought. To hell with whatever principle he was advancing.

After they took their stand and ran away and were pardoned, where are they today ? Should be easy to deal with after 40 or 50 years, they should have nothing to be ashamed of, or do they?

After they took their stand and ran away and were pardoned, where are they today ? Should be easy to deal with after 40 or 50 years, they should have nothing to be ashamed of, or do they?
I have no idea, I did meet a few in Nova Scotia who became Canadian citizens- I still have more respect for them than I do for the others.

But since we've had three of the others in the White House already, I guess nobody much cares anyway.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT