ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are the best College football movies to watch in this off season?

And I don't mean old Penn State games. I mean Hollywood type movies like Rudy!
Something for Joey. Keep a box of tissues handy.
71QRXDF0FYL.gif

Cappelletti%20ph2.jpg

Reactions: kgilbert78
There is a movie, i haven't seen in decades called Saturdays' Hero. It stars John Derek,Donna Reed, Aldo Ray,and if i'm not mistaken the story is set in Pennsylvania.
BTW can't find this movie anywhere.

well these are both "high school" football movies, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Wildcats with Goldie Hawn

and Kurt Russell and Robin Williams are hilarious in the vastly underrated The Best of Times, an early Ron Shelton film which predated Bull Durham.

oddly enough . . . both films from 1986, and both feature M Emmet Walsh

How about high school? Remember the Titans is a good one. Not a serious movie, but Varsity Blues. Anyone for some whipped cream?

Back to college, I always liked Unnecessary Roughness. Great kicker. It's a shame Penn State didn't get Paul Blake.

Horse Feathers starring The Marxx Brothers....an oldie (really old) but a goodie.

Reactions: LionJim
UM is showing Remember the Titans on the Big House big screens next weekend, if you are up for a drive.

Johnny Be Good - Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downey Jr. About a star QB being recruited by all the big time schools (including an appearance from a Penn State coach) and his much smaller, hometown school. A fun watch.

I always liked 'Radio' with the coach's speech in the barber shop about how much we enjoy the game, especially if we win, but it's not all about football.

Remember the Titans a close second.

I always liked 'Radio' with the coach's speech in the barber shop about how much we enjoy the game, especially if we win, but it's not all about football.

Remember the Titans a close second.

Good call on Radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT