ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watching Brian Wilson perform....sheer genius

whart

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Fort Worth TX
Watching Brian ( on our local PBS Station in DFW) run through parts of his catalog of hits including a few new tunes as well. Excellent group of back up musicians and guest singers. Amazing that he can still bring it after all these years and his past personal issues. Great to see him and...hear him !

Watching Brian ( on our local PBS Station in DFW) run through parts of his catalog of hits including a few new tunes as well. Excellent group of back up musicians and guest singers. Amazing that he can still bring it after all these years and his past personal issues. Great to see him and...hear him !

I wonder how new/old the video is. When I see video of him now he looks frail and I've read that at his recent concerts (in Europe) he has to be helped onstage to his piano because he recently had back surgery. I'm glad he's still at it but I think we may be reaching the point where he can't tour anymore. His music is amazing though. Assuming you have the time and patience for 45 minutes check out this live performance of his Smile album. It's pretty great and his band is awesome too. But this was about 15 years ago and he's not as vigorous now.

I wonder how new/old the video is. When I see video of him now he looks frail and I've read that at his recent concerts (in Europe) he has to be helped onstage to his piano because he recently had back surgery. I'm glad he's still at it but I think we may be reaching the point where he can't tour anymore. His music is amazing though. Assuming you have the time and patience for 45 minutes check out this live performance of his Smile album. It's pretty great and his band is awesome too. But this was about 15 years ago and he's not as vigorous now.

During the televised show this evening PBS was selling tickets to an upcoming visit on 12/14 at the Famous Majestic Theatre in Dallas by Brian , Al Jardine and a bunch of friends. They will be reprising the entire Christmas album of 1964 of The Beach Boys. I made a donation ....purchased tickets to this show....so I am sure hoping he makes it.Thanks for attaching the performance of " Smile".... really cool stuff.

Reactions: TheGLOV
During the televised show this evening PBS was selling tickets to an upcoming visit on 12/14 at the Famous Majestic Theatre in Dallas by Brian , Al Jardine and a bunch of friends. They will be reprising the entire Christmas album of 1964 of The Beach Boys. I made a donation ....purchased tickets to this show....so I am sure hoping he makes it.Thanks for attaching the performance of " Smile".... really cool stuff.

I'd be very interested to hear your impressions of the show in December. Be sure to post back then and tell us what you think.

Reactions: JoeFi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT