ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watching “The Shawshank Redemption” again.

Thanks. I knew he wasn't black in the book but didnt remember him being Irish either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On a related note have you read The Outsider yet?
Its pretty good. about 1/2 through I was wondering where it was going to go and wow King didn't disappoint.
I heard its marked for a 10 spot mini series. Going to be tough to do cause there is some pretty graphic subject matter.
And when do I get my mini series for The Talisman? if there was ever a King book, besides The Gunslinger series, that had mini series written all over it its The Talisman.

working through my summer reading list of Crossed graphic novels . . . I did enjoy "Revival" and "Bazaar of Bad Dreams" recently (especially "Blockade Billy") . . . now that I think of it, "Joyland" would make a good Hulu series . . .

Reactions: BBrown
It's still hard for me to understand how Forrest Gump won Best Picture that year. Sure, it was a cute story but it didn't match Shawshank. And to think last year the Best Picture Award went to a fish movie,

I really can't argue against Forrest Gump winning best picture, but I wouldn't argue against Shawshank if that had won, either. Sometimes more than one film is deserving of such an award, but we can only give it to one.

Both Forrest Gump and Shawshank Redemption are movies that when they are on TV I can turn them on and enjoy watching them from any point in the movie and be satisfied. Two fine films.

One of these days, Mrs KG and I are going to drive up there and do the Shawshank tour (it's about an hour north of us).
4cb37bd3c7aadada8c4d6e3156847a33.gif

Filmed at the Mansfield reformatory (Mansfield, Ohio).

I just visited it 2 weekends ago. There is like 7 movies filmed at that prison. It’s appalling how small the cells are. 6 layers of cells in height.

IMHO, the best buddy/feel good guy movie of all time, despite the "we all know Andy was sodomized by the Sisters even though it was never shown" undertones...

I believe I was watching the same showing. It's one of those "movie magnets." When I come across it, my channel changing just stops right there. How can I be so obtuse ?

Reactions: royboy
It's still hard for me to understand how Forrest Gump won Best Picture that year. Sure, it was a cute story but it didn't match Shawshank. And to think last year the Best Picture Award went to a fish movie,

I would have voted for either Pulp Fiction or Quiz Show before Gump (terrible film) or Shawshank (just good).

I'm not sure how people are saying Forrest Gump was a horrible film. You can make the good argument Shawshank was better, but Forrest Gump is an all time classic. Type of movie you can watch 20 years later for the 10th time and still enjoy it as it was well written and acted.

Reactions: psuro and ram2020
I'm not sure how people are saying Forrest Gump was a horrible film. You can make the good argument Shawshank was better, but Forrest Gump is an all time classic. Type of movie you can watch 20 years later for the 10th time and still enjoy it as it was well written and acted.
personally, I shut off Gump because I can't stand the accents of Hanks and Bubba or whatever that dudes character was named

I don't think Forrest Gump was bad. It was a very good film. But very good still leaves it well short of Shawshank.

Ivan Brunelli: "Just good?" And your thought Quiz Show was better? To each his own, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT