ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Walking Dead Season 8 Finale (NO SPOILERS IN FIRST POST)

all I will say to start off . . . f**king Eugene. total toolbag. :D

LOL, I liked it for the most part. Although really I thought the entire 2nd half of the season could have been condensed into about 3 episodes. If they would have done that it would have been much, much better.
It will be interesting to see how they go now that Carl is gone.

On another topic what did you think of the 2nd half and season finale of Black Lightening.

I listen to a Walking Dead podcast (something to listen to when I run out of Penn State football podcasts) and a couple of listeners suggested that, minus the short Maggie/Daryl/Jesus bit at the end of the episode, this could have been a great place to end the series. I hadn't thought about it (and AMC is not ready to kill their cash cow) but it would have been a pretty clean point to break it off. They tie up a lot on the story line and could have thrown it to a "and they lived (relatively) happily ever after" ending.

Reactions: BBrown
TWD has the same problem in Season 8 that it had in Season 7, which hopefully will be alleviated with a new showrunner. Characters pulling 180s even though it is totally out of character. In this one, Jesus at the end. Also, who put Rick in charge? Maggie is the leader of the Hilltop, but Rick just waltzes in and takes over. Even though Maggie's character has evolved and everyone is following her, she still defers to an alpha man. If roles were reversed, Rick would have just walked right past Maggie and put a bullet in Negan. It is these inconsistencies that are infuriating. That and the fact that bullets and gasoline are in ample supply, except when plot calls for them not to be. By now, the series should be Mad Max.

as for this episode being an apt series ending, I would agree . . . because that is what I thought when this storyline ended in the comic books.

and what Robert Kirkman then brought to the table after this was far more shocking, stunning, and engaging than I could have predicted. I hope this is where the series goes under the new show runner. and I hope they follow Negan's character arc, which is far more compelling post-All Out War than any other character in the series

I only watch because of habit at this point. It's gotten ridiculously stupid. I also think it's a great place to end the show, so that's what I am going to do.
I completely agree. I saw that the finale’s ratings were the lowest since season one. Next season’s ratings will probably be in the toilet, and that will be the end of the show. This season was enough for me. I’m out.

LOL, I liked it for the most part. Although really I thought the entire 2nd half of the season could have been condensed into about 3 episodes. If they would have done that it would have been much, much better.
It will be interesting to see how they go now that Carl is gone.

On another topic what did you think of the 2nd half and season finale of Black Lightening.

we finished it last night. LOVED the series, and Marvin Jones is really impressing me as Tobias Whale.

we finished it last night. LOVED the series, and Marvin Jones is really impressing me as Tobias Whale.

He's very good but man is he ugly. LOL.
I liked it a lot as well. Funny thing is even though its a "super human" show I liked the story and the interaction he (Black Lightening) had as a Principal and Father just as much.
Plus I'm a James Remar fan but Cress Williams is also very good.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
He's very good but man is he ugly. LOL.
I liked it a lot as well. Funny thing is even though its a "super human" show I liked the story and the interaction he (Black Lightening) had as a Principal and Father just as much.
Plus I'm a James Remar fan but Cress Williams is also very good.

I still have a hard time seeing Remar outside The Warriors

Funny thing is a lot of what he says as a principal . . . I hear from my g/f when she quotes the principal at her school (which is very similar to the one in the show)

Reactions: BBrown
ok- so if Eugene doesn't step up, Negan kills them all- because after all this time and all their experience, Rick is STILL terminally stupid

does that pretty much sum it up?

Hell, I'd let Negan heal up and put him in charge before Rick

ok- so if Eugene doesn't step up, Negan kills them all- because after all this time and all their experience, Rick is STILL terminally stupid

does that pretty much sum it up?

Hell, I'd let Negan heal up and put him in charge before Rick

maybe I got confused there, but after the roadblock crew got wiped out, didn't Rick SAY he thought they were being led into a trap??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT